The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Warframe Keep Us Entertained Long?

HipsterSal

Dont get what would make pvp less monotone or what he called it then pve. 

Pvp you fight on same map all day pretty much against same ppl what make you not get bored after 30min of that? And that just 1 type mission kill the other guys or die.

Pve atleast got 4 or 5 diffrent types of missions.

But that just my thoughts never seen why it would be less grindy doing pvp then pve. Pvp you grind to get better armor or mods just like in pve so you can beat the other guys.

Some form of PvP to compete against each other sounds great for an endgame. Once I was maxed out on my characters and weapons, PvE rapidly lost its entertainment value and now I really just crave competition.

Some form of PvP to compete against each other sounds great for an endgame. Once I was maxed out on my characters and weapons, PvE rapidly lost its entertainment value and now I really just crave competition.

I'm sure all of your Mods were maxed out too as soon as you reached rank30...

I have a feeling once WarFrame is released it will slowly decay, I say this because this game only

has PvE (Player Versus Environment) content (At the moment).

Collecting frames and weapons along with mods is pretty much the main goal here, to make our characters stronger.

But what is going to keep us playing? Yea new map layouts are being added and so are weapons and weapon skins.

But most missions are repetitive and monotonous and you basically do that for all the systems in order to get the end planet you want to go to.

I just have the feeling it won't be enough, for the most part all we have been doing is farming end planets for materials to make weapons and frames.

In my opinion it is really grindy, i see people posting on the wikia page of warframe saying they have over 50+ runs for

certain blueprints or drops in general.

it's a PITA when you have to grind the same planet for hours and get no reward. Unless you're a lucky bastard and get everything in one run, then i hate you.

What i want to see is PvP. And not just small maps like cod, i mean open world battlegrounds where you can fight and conquer strongholds ect.

This game has so much PvP potential it would be a waste not to put some development time into it.

Once players finish all the systems, collect all the frames and weapons they desire, what will they have left to do?

This is just my opinion on where warframe should direct some of it's resources, because I am a pvp meat head and would like to see my warframe mow down other players......Thoughts?

agreed needs more pvp stuff or open battlegrounds.

Another pvp thread. So here are the facts:

The whole game mechanics never were made for anything pvp like. The balancing would take so much time and create a complete different game.

De showed interest in Borderlands 2 duels. Thats most likely what you get. Nothing more, nothing less. You can now close this.

We dont need another thread who claims to know what this game needs.

its called an opinion and that's what the forums are for...to share ideas....

As someone who generally prefers PvP combat in just about any game, It's simply a terrible idea to devote resources to design a PvP aspect to this game. Right now, they have a strong core game that simply needs more variety and just....more in general. 

one thing i do agree is that the game can get boring after you collect everything and pretty much experienced everything. Would be great if missions and alerts weren't so close alike. 

It doesn't even need to be PVP type of gameplay. 

Edit: What is up with all the down votes on other peoples opinions on different game styles? 

Edited by akkerusia

Aside from the PvP aspect, I think the OP has a point regarding what players will do once they have accomplished their goals of accumulating frames and weapons.

I am not sure what DE has plans to do; I can only see potential boredom if there is little to do once all planets are unlocked and weapons/frames gained.

It would be nice to see some runs completely outdoors with "other" worldly terrain and atmosphere.

To be honest I think the lack of communication working in the game is a bigger issue by far, since it seems players are together but isolated from talking to one another.

Another related but equally important question is: How long will it take the average player to craft all frames and weapons?

I'm 75+ hrs in and have crafted one sentinel, several melee weapons, two ranged weapons and I'm one foundry day away from crafting my second warframe. Either I'm extremely unlucky or most people haven't crafted all warframes and weapons in that same amount of time. By the time I'm even close to crafting all the available frames/weapons, DE will have released way more content for the game. And then I will be focused on that new stuff because this is a free to play game, They live and die by have fresh content come out throughout the year.

Okay, I am starting to get &!$$ed off here, looking at the up and down votes.

PvP is NOT being considered for active development at the moment, and if PvP was included, it would be in their best interest to make it less direct than fighting each other on the ground. Nothing I have seen concretely puts out PvP, and maybe i misheard but they were doing research on certain strategy mechanics.

I am talking about large scale conquest in lines with Chromehounds (and a few others) fighting over an objective through racing and hinderance, for the glory not the killing (which wouldn't happen) Heck, could you imagine playing space-ninja football?

Also actual Raid content is it's own form of PvP as well, though I am somewhat unsure DE can do that...

Edited by Fjarri

OK.  Let's just take PvP seriously for one moment and PvP in our minds for a bit.  How would that work?

So if a NYX player decides to use mind control on you and one other player, do you guys actually start killing each other instead of her?

And if a Rhino just iron skins and hacks you with an axe 2 times and you're gone, how much fun would that be?  Rhino wars?  See who can hit the iron skin button faster and who get's to melee first?

Ridiculous.

PvP = separate from PvE.

Four minutes to six minutes. Current mod system allows for PvP and PvE specific mods.

Not hard to think about.

Edited by FatalX7

the moment the game gets any PvP beside a Duel system is the moment i uninstall the game :)

Why? Because Devs couldn't live up to their words then, and decided to take the resource away from PvE. I certainly didn't support the game to have PvP.

Edited by Sikab

I still remember months back, when it was said that the only PvP element Warframe will have is borderlands style of duel, cause PvP as a separate gamemode would take too much resource away from their main goal, PvE.

Not like i need to explain why I support or won't support a game :)

For now, it seems like Devs are backing out of what they said.

Edited by Sikab

I have a feeling once WarFrame is released it will slowly decay, I say this because this game only

has PvE (Player Versus Environment) content (At the moment).

Collecting frames and weapons along with mods is pretty much the main goal here, to make our characters stronger.

But what is going to keep us playing? Yea new map layouts are being added and so are weapons and weapon skins.

But most missions are repetitive and monotonous and you basically do that for all the systems in order to get the end planet you want to go to.

I just have the feeling it won't be enough, for the most part all we have been doing is farming end planets for materials to make weapons and frames.

In my opinion it is really grindy, i see people posting on the wikia page of warframe saying they have over 50+ runs for

certain blueprints or drops in general.

it's a PITA when you have to grind the same planet for hours and get no reward. Unless you're a lucky bastard and get everything in one run, then i hate you.

What i want to see is PvP. And not just small maps like cod, i mean open world battlegrounds where you can fight and conquer strongholds ect.

This game has so much PvP potential it would be a waste not to put some development time into it.

Once players finish all the systems, collect all the frames and weapons they desire, what will they have left to do?

This is just my opinion on where warframe should direct some of it's resources, because I am a pvp meat head and would like to see my warframe mow down other players......Thoughts?

Do you really want to fight against a 15 sec invulenrable rhino?

I look at games like Mass Effect 3 and it's success with it's multiplayer and aside from how that was a Blockbuster hit.. I'd say the same livelihood can be had with this game. :)

I say this because this game has that uber addicting feel to it that ME3 had with it's multiplayer.  I am NOT AT ALL comparing their styles and paces of gameplay.  Nor am I saying it because both of their "drops" go off of an RNG concept.  

I just feel that this game has loads of potential.

I'll be open and say I hate EA in its entirety, and think that the course the ME series took was a dive instead of a rise. While they added a multiplayer mode, they were S#&$ to their supporters, and suggested people who didn't like the game's end were homophobic as opposed to having credible reasons. I sure hope DE takes no cues from them, otherwise I'll heavily regret my support to DE.

I'll be open and say I hate EA in its entirety, and think that the course the ME series took was a dive instead of a rise. While they added a multiplayer mode, they were S#&$ to their supporters, and suggested people who didn't like the game's end were &*$$phobic as opposed to having credible reasons. I sure hope DE takes no cues from them, otherwise I'll heavily regret my support to DE.

Luckily, I think they might actually hate publishers like that even more than you. 

Have you ever played Phantasy Star Online? This game and that one are practically the exact same game in terms of gameplay, style, layout, even levels and weaponry and sentinels, and the pvp in that game was great.

I play Warframe for this reason and I wish I knew about it from the start. Its the closest thing to PSO I know of. Something I've been looking for since 2002. Not just in gameplay but in other ways as well. I don't have an opinion on the pvp aspect but as far as the overall entertainment value goes, this is what I think:

First, some background. Honestly I don't even understand it myself but personally, I think PSO I & II is awesome. Spent way too much on ebay a few years ago to get a brand new Gamecube with a digital out(they phased that model out because not enough people had a tv to take advantage of it at the time), with official Nintendo brand component(480p) cables, and brand new PSO I & II Plus.

I don't know why at all but it might be my most favorite game. I like all kinds of games but there is just something about it. I still play every now and then, I have a lot of things maxed out, found a lot of rares and the only reason to actually play it still is to find that one weapon/armor, reach lvl 200 with a specific character, just start over, kill enemies and bosses with my little brother(he bought a cube and the game for himself too), or simply to escape life for a while. For an older game it has some nice music, scenery, and views. The whole game just has a unique ambiance. Especially in Ep. II. I have even done math for fun to calculate how much materials to use with the mag to have max stats for that specific character by lvl 200. 

Crazy right? Warframe fills a niche for players like myself even as it is right now not to mention any more additions or changes. Though I think it still needs more of that ambiance lol. So I guess what I'm saying is, for me and most likely other PSO fans and gamer's that like this style of play, it will be entertaining as long as its available. 

To put it more simply, another matter of opinion. What entertains you? What is your definition of entertainment?  :)

Edited by 7.T.