Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur And Mirage

CTanGod

So I've noticed that dispite Prism's detonation being Radial blind it doesn't use Line of Sight like new Radial Blind does.

This may have been an oversight when U15 was launched but it's been 9 hotfixes since then and none adressed this issue, yes I get it that it takes 2 seconds by base to cast it and has to be manually detonated but with Natural Talent it's just like old Radial Blind, same cost (since initual Prism cast cost is 50) and same range + duration and can go through walls and it's only a matter of time before everyone else figures out that the blind status is brokenly op on a frame that already does more damage than just about any other frame.

So there are only 2 options here either revert the changes on Excalibur and make him less of a hard mode for New Players and restore his awesome utility for higher levels of play or give Prism Line of Sight mechanics just like Radial Blind because until either of these changes happens me and anyone who takes their time to learn each frame's ability will see it as an imbalance and as favoritism.

I understand exactly what you mean dude, it does seem a bit unethical for this to be happening..... but then i stopped to think about it, its actually kinda fair, prism itself sucks imo, even for an ultimate it is very meh, so allowing it to have this through wall blind seems to help with how bad it is. If Prism was any one of her first 3 skills i would completely agree with you but since its her Special i say leave it as it is. secondly excals radial blind still works perfectly for me now, even though it doesnt go through walls i have had no problem CC enemies as i used to, especially with how his ultimate works. hey you could even say that excals ulti is op now; it has a huge range, none of his javelins miss.... ever.. plus they usually hit weak spots doing huge amounts of damage, would you cast that as broken or would you leave it because thats his ultimate and how it is supposed to work??

I understand exactly what you mean dude, it does seem a bit unethical for this to be happening..... but then i stopped to think about it, its actually kinda fair, prism itself sucks imo, even for an ultimate it is very meh, so allowing it to have this through wall blind seems to help with how bad it is. If Prism was any one of her first 3 skills i would completely agree with you but since its her Special i say leave it as it is. secondly excals radial blind still works perfectly for me now, even though it doesnt go through walls i have had no problem CC enemies as i used to, especially with how his ultimate works. hey you could even say that excals ulti is op now; it has a huge range, none of his javelins miss.... ever.. plus they usually hit weak spots doing huge amounts of damage, would you cast that as broken or would you leave it because thats his ultimate and how it is supposed to work??

The difference is, my friend, Prism can be used as a very powerful CC ability since you can detonate it the moment it spawns and initial cast is 50 energy (same as radial blind) and since Blind is the best CC after death the fact that Prism's blind goes through walls makes it very strong and broken and also Radial Javelin is weak since it has a horrid 3 seconds cast time, a low damage of 1000 base split between Impact Puncture and Slash and only stuns enemies for 4-5 seconds and at max efficiency it costs 25 energy to use vs the 12.5 Prism costs if used for blind so basically she has 4 normal abilities and since it's blind works like old Radial blind it's unjustified since Mirage has more offensive and deffensive abilities than Excal has (all he has is a jump that makes him invisible until he lands and it's defensive properties are offset by the fact Excal needs overextended to work properly thus making the jump no better than pressing space).

agreed prism should be nerfed as well if Excalibur cant have his only gd cc skill. to people that say its because its an ultimate well maybe it is but you can make the cost same the same amount 12.5 energy by doing fleeting expertise and detonating straight away then you also got the damage on the skill. 

excalibur radial blind= cc no damage

mirage prism= cc + damage

considering this there is no reason not to fix the blind on prism its just unfair and not ( logical since that is one of the reasons they ruined Excalibur. 

I think Mirage is good as it is. The latest nerf on Radial Blind it the problem.

I would not hope for too much. The 2/3 of community voted on the Excalibur changes as not good, yet it was implemented. Radial Blind was nerfed once, but was restored because it was not liked, yet they implemented it again. I am not too optimistic that we get anything usable in this regard.

• 2 weeks later...

but then i stopped to think about it, its actually kinda fair, prism itself sucks imo, even for an ultimate it is very meh, so allowing it to have this through wall blind seems to help with how bad it is. 

It's not about how bad her ultimate is, According to DE the reason they nerfed blind was because it wasn't making any sense that enemy behind walls and close room were getting blinded. So if you are taking blind in weirdness sense then yeah prism blinding enemies in their spawn also doesn't make any sense, so why is (according to DE) "Insensible" ability like prism blinding enemies behind close door still in game?

Yeah but GAME. Stuff doesn't have to make sense all the frigging time. 

THere are major differences compared to Radial Blind:

1) Prism is an ultimate, all sorts of stuff other skills can't do are supposed to be possible here, like going through walls. 

2) Augment cards are supposed to be frigging awesome. If you curb its effect, it becomes garbage.

This card is already in the lower limit of 'perhaps it's worthy', most others are not worthy sacrificing a warframe slot for. 

So I think that LoS should NOT limit its effect. 

Yeah but GAME. Stuff doesn't have to make sense all the frigging time. 

THere are major differences compared to Radial Blind:

1) Prism is an ultimate, all sorts of stuff other skills can't do are supposed to be possible here, like going through walls. 

2) Augment cards are supposed to be frigging awesome. If you curb its effect, it becomes garbage.

This card is already in the lower limit of 'perhaps it's worthy', most others are not worthy sacrificing a warframe slot for. 

So I think that LoS should NOT limit its effect. 

inb4 "It doesn't matter that it's an ultimate"

You need to consider that Prism has one of the longest cast times in the game and that Mirage is even squishier than Excalibur.