Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amprex! End-Game Worthy? Voice Your Opinions!

Grandarex

Question

HOLY MOLEY this thing is expensive to make. EIGHT Fieldrons?? THREE Argons?? Does it want my firstborn son too?

I'm a straight-forward player. I just wanna be able to hit higher mark on survival missions. 

So far, my record is ~50 minutes solo T3 with Boltor Prime and Brakk.

I guess I just want to know how well Amprex stacks up against our current meta 'best' guns, and whether if the cost justifies its performance. 

I know the ammo efficiency is nonexistent and it relies heavily on crit. What I don't know is how well it stands up in terms of damage (I can not care less about status chance) in incredibly high levels.

So yeah. Thoughts, Amprex players? 

12 answers to this question

Combine it with a Volt shield for hilarious damage.

It easily surpasses the Boltor Prime in terms of raw burst DPS.

I primarily use Rhino (prime) for the Iron Skin and Stomp (panic button). Enemies simply do too much damage for me to run any other frame.. in solo at least. How is the weapon without the energy shield? Does it, would you say, beat out boltor prime and/or brakk?

Not only can it melt entire crowds from the damage alone, it's also a CC machine! I proc mine corrosive/blast. Knock em down and eat their armour!

Interesting. Have you done any long survival runs with it? I'm also curious about the ammo efficiency and whether the ammo mutation will solve its problem or not..

I primarily use Rhino (prime) for the Iron Skin and Stomp (panic button). Enemies simply do too much damage for me to run any other frame.. in solo at least. How is the weapon without the energy shield? Does it, would you say, beat out boltor prime and/or brakk?

Interesting. Have you done any long survival runs with it? I'm also curious about the ammo efficiency and whether the ammo mutation will solve its problem or not..

Electric Shield blocks all incoming damage (for that direction) so it should alleviate your worries far better than iron skin will.

DPS-wise, amprex is probably one of the top-tier primary weapons out there. The problem with amprex always has to do with its ammo efficiency and single-target DPS.

It's single target DPS is below boltor prime, although it does its job against multiple weaker enemies.

Personally though, I wouldn't bring amprex to a long t4s/d even with ammo mutation.

The thing about the amprex is you can run a redcrit build with a near max status corrosive build and blow every single other weapon in the game's dps out of the water while maintaining your ammo with a couple notches on a rifle ammo mutation.

Invest in and use your amprex properly, and it's the most powerful weapon in the entire game. Proven. (Doesn't mean it's the best for everything)

Personally though, I wouldn't bring amprex to a long t4s/d even with ammo mutation.

Why not? You can kill enemies in a second that take half a boltor prime clip to take down.

Edited by JohnProdman

The thing about the amprex is you can run a redcrit build with a near max status corrosive build and blow every single other weapon in the game's dps out of the water while maintaining your ammo with a couple notches on a rifle ammo mutation.

Invest in and use your amprex properly, and it's the most powerful weapon in the entire game. Proven. (Doesn't mean it's the best for everything)

Why not? You can kill enemies in a second that take half a boltor prime clip to take down.

I just can't get myself to suffer through forma'ing it numerous times just so I can have it work nicely. It was a pain to level the first time. The Boltor Prime was easy as hell to forma and re-level. It practically re-leveled itself.

This is my current amprex. Of course I change the elements based on the type of enemies I'm facing. Raw DPS is so high that you don't even have to care about elements in non-void missions. 

m8Ezf7s.jpg

http://goo.gl/IExJTP is my goal.

I'm thinking to forma 1 more time to be able to go with Storm Bringer+Infected Clip+Hellfire or Cryo Rounds.

Burst fire to save ammo and learn how long each burst should last but no stress. You'll figure out without putting in much effort as you use Amprex. If you see a group of mobs, always go for the biggest ones like Heavy Gunners, Ancients, Fusion Moa(?) because your shots will jump to smaller ones and you don't have to switch target more often. Of course it is very situational. 

Like vaugahn, combine with Volt's shield if you play Volt. I use Loki Prime's stealth or make use of my Rhino Prime+Arcane Vanguard Helmet. Speed and Stealth are your friends but you don't need both.  

I've only been to T4D/S 50-60mins or 45-50 waves with a group but there's nothing my current Amprex can't kill. 

This guy is my inspiration.

Edited by ST4LK3R

This is my current amprex. Of course I change the elements based on the type of enemies I'm facing. Raw DPS is so high that you don't even have to care about elements in non-void missions. 

m8Ezf7s.jpg

http://goo.gl/IExJTP is my goal.

I'm thinking to forma 1 more time to be able to go with Storm Bringer+Infected Clip+Hellfire or Cryo Rounds.

Burst fire to save ammo and learn how long each burst should last but no stress. You'll figure out without putting in much effort as you use Amprex. If you see a group of mobs, always go for the biggest ones like Heavy Gunners, Ancients, Fusion Moa(?) because your shots will jump to smaller ones and you don't have to switch target more often. Of course it is very situational. 

Like vaugahn, combine with Volt's shield if you play Volt. I use Loki Prime's stealth or make use of my Rhino Prime+Arcane Vanguard Helmet. Speed and Stealth are your friends but you don't need both.  

I've only been to T4D/S 50-60mins or 45-50 waves with a group but there's nothing my current Amprex can't kill. 

This guy is my inspiration.

i use the same build, but with hammer shot instead of malignant force - slightly less status, slightly more damage

to the OP: amprex is one of the best guns if not the best. the AoE damage of it is only contested by the quanta. however it has 2 huge downsides, which are:

1. the limited range (not really good for defense, since your teammates will kill the mobs with bows/boltors already before they get close enough)

2. the ammo economy, but i always have 100+ team ammo restores with me, so i don't really care, and we'll have large team restores from syndicates, which may be even more effective (better be, for that cost!)

it is absolutely unbeatable in long survivals though. you just run in the crowds while holding LMB and moving them down (don't even have to aim...) if you have volt or mirage, the effect is even more devastating.