Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good Old Stalker...

xRevelation

Well i think you already now what i am gonna talk about, but since few weeks (or months, i wasn't chased by the stalker for a long time now) i just can't beat him.. It's not that i had a low level frame and so on.

Yesterday i was soloing an alert mission, while the stalker came for me and i didn't even saw him, i just died and then i saw how he sat down and disappeard. I had Rhino Prime (I know that Iron Skin doesen't work) but still i had high amounts for shields and armor, and i could beat him with my 30 Kronen this time..

He is just overpowered imho. Back in the day, say few months ago, he wasn't a big deal, kinda easy when you got used to it. He really needs a change, maybe not making him really weak but decreasing his damage for something like agility, that you can actually have a chance, if you get him. Then it would be more about Player Skill not all about stats.

Am i the only one here that dies too fast on the stalker? Don't tell me i am the only one.

Cheers ~NovaCry

Edited by NovaCry

I don't know if I'd call him overpowered, but there is some issue with him. I can't quite place my finger on it, but it seems strange to me it becomes a 'Who can one-shot who first' battle whenever he pops up. I think he needs some kind of change, to make him less of a nuisance, either in killing you or you killing him, and more of a force to be reckoned with, fought with tooth and nail until someone drops dead, in a proper fashion.

Edited by Krion112

You might be the only experienced player ;)

Best way to deal with Stalker is work out which of your weapons bursts the hardest, then ambush him when he first comes out to strike you. After that its at best a fair fight, and at worst what you've experienced, since his skills are precisely designed to screw Warframes over. If you do get into a prolonged fight with him, mobility is the key. If you keep moving, especially if you can keep moving sideways relative to him, he'll miss a lot of shots. If you don't, he'll land them. That hurts.

Edited by SolarDwagon

Well i think you already now what i am gonna talk about, but since few weeks (or months, i wasn't chased by the stalker for a long time now) i just can't beat him.. It's not that i had a low level frame and so on.

Yesterday i was soloing an alert mission, while the stalker came for me and i didn't even saw him, i just died and then i saw how he sat down and disappeard. I had Rhino Prime (I know that Iron Skin doesen't work) but still i had high amounts for shields and armor, and i could beat him with my 30 Kronen this time..

He is just overpowered imho. Back in the day, say few months ago, he wasn't a big deal, kinda easy when you got used to it. He really needs a change, maybe not making him really weak but decreasing his damage for something like agility, that you can actually have a chance, if you get him. Then it would be more about Player Skill not all about stats.

Am i the only one here that dies too fast on the stalker? Don't tell me i am the only one.

Cheers ~NovaCry

you are not alone, dear tenno. there are many other of your fellow allies out there who have suffered the same consequences as you... even me...

If you keep moving, especially if you can keep moving sideways relative to him, he'll miss a lot of shots. If you don't, he'll land them. That hurts.

I haven't fought him since U15, but I am curious if the pain-in-the-&#! accuracy buff has been applied to him too.

Terrifying...

to be honest, my dear tenno allies... there is one that really seems to catch people out and that is his Despair throwing knives

Yeah, I think his Despairs are horribly broken.

One time, he 'came at me', and his animation glitched so that he used his dread while holding it over his head; he was full on, holding the bow horizontal, just above his head and fired a shot. The arrow struck me, literally hit me, but seemed to do no damage. I shot him with my Vectis, and needed only one other shot to finish him off.

Immediately, he 'noped', pulled out a despair, and threw it, striking my Excalibur right in the larynx and pinning him against the wall, immediately dead.

Was funny to watch, but frustrating to endure.

Edited by Krion112

You might be the only experienced player ;)

Best way to deal with Stalker is work out which of your weapons bursts the hardest, then ambush him when he first comes out to strike you. After that its at best a fair fight, and at worst what you've experienced, since his skills are precisely designed to screw Warframes over. If you do get into a prolonged fight with him, mobility is the key. If you keep moving, especially if you can keep moving sideways relative to him, he'll miss a lot of shots. If you don't, he'll land them. That hurts.

Yeah i know that, but i mean i don't want this 1 Hit Kill battle. Stalker feels like be lucky or be dead.

it becomes a 'Who can one-shot who first' battle

That is exactly what i am talking about! It ruins the gameplay and the Stalker concept is brilliant imo, but fighting him is so awful. You can't really fight, you have to have a HARD HITTING weapon with your or you're screwed. It's not about Player Skill, it's about freakin' stats and that's not what Warframe should be about imho...

He's easy to fight if you have cover, and if you don't have low level allies thinking they can solo him melee, and getting downed. I can kill him when I'm not the target, as the target I tend to use cover and try to get a few bursts in here and there. Don't ever let him corner you though. He never kills me with damage either. It's always a slash proc that gets me.

Edited by (PS4)Pharen

Yeah i know that, but i mean i don't want this 1 Hit Kill battle. Stalker feels like be lucky or be dead.

That is exactly what i am talking about! It ruins the gameplay and the Stalker concept is brilliant imo, but fighting him is so awful. You can't really fight, you have to have a HARD HITTING weapon with your or you're screwed. It's not about Player Skill, it's about freakin' stats and that's not what Warframe should be about imho...

This is my gripe with him at current; in my view, the problem stems too much from the fact that he's been loaded with gimmicks that absolutely tank player options (and thus, the actual fun of the encounter) to the point that the entire encounter's been dumbed down to "pump damage into him until he dies" like any lancer/crewmen mook. Dispel, teleport, and pull being the main offenders.

I've said all this before, but it's not a coincidence that my most memorable encounters with him are all from U7/U8 when he was basically gimmick free. The number of options available to the player made him one of the most dynamic encounters in the game, you could even use the map against him in those days. Not confident in your ability to stand toe-to-toe with him and happen to be on a Corpus ship? Lead him into a room that can decompress and break the windows so the cold vacuum of space kills him (revenge is a dish best served cold, after all). Non-Corpus ship? Dart though a pack of enemies and then make yourself scarce in the hopes they kill each other and so on.

Best part of the above is that it was gear-independent too... and he was certainly capable of killing you in seconds back then, particularly in U7 when he used a hitscan Braton Vandal (bonus, it made him seem less silly then too, in my opinion).