Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Corvas Is Utterly Gimp!

Brimir

I'm glad I actually farmed this thing rather than buy it on impulse for Platinum... I don't know if it has Falloff (In space? What the fudge?!) or if its damage is too low or its firing mechanic is broken but it is NOT worth going into close-combat with - the Imperator out-damages it greatly at any range.

Considering it's low damage output it could also use with a doubling for the ammo capacity; from 25 to 50.

Edited by Brimir

The main problem with the Corvas alongside the pretty low damage is that charge time. In a game where everyone is flying around at a million miles an hour, a charge weapon really just slows the game down far too much, and you lose that amazing sense of speed that archwing has at the moment.

Considering it's low damage output it could also use with a doubling for the ammo capacity; from 25 to 50.

It would not help in the slightest to have more ammo. As is, it would take a deliberate act to even run low on ammo, because it's semi-auto with a charge function.

Its effective range is basically the distance that the Archwing tumbles when the dodge key is pressed. It wouldn't matter if it had fall off or not, the spread alone makes it worthless at range beyond pointblank

Ok, before everyone starts hating, raging and complaining. I'm not defending corvas nor am I defending shotguns overall, I generally don't like shotguns in games (and warframe is no exception), but some things said in this thread are just 'utter BS'

NOT worth going into close-combat with - the Imperator out-damages it greatly at any range.

My rank 21 corvas does 2,1k corrosive damage, 698 impact and 87 slash/puncture... can imperator do that much in one shot?

The main problem with the Corvas alongside the pretty low damage is that charge time

Oddly, this weapon can fire with the same spread/range/damage without any charge at all, you just click 'fire' and it fires instantly.

(that is possibly a bug though and will probably get changed in the future)

Its effective range is basically the distance that the Archwing tumbles when the dodge key is pressed.

I've actually tested this, it's effective range is around 200 - 250 meters, I can one-shot any enemy at that range on earth's interception untill wave ~7.T

The spread with multi-shot is not too bad, but it's a shotgun anyway... what? do you want to snipe with it or something? It's a close quarter weapon, and close quarters in archwing are ~100 - 200 meters. For a shotgun, it does it's job well, but ofc, there's room for improvement.

the game is too fast for this slow weapon

Still have to agree with that ^

I've actually tested this, it's effective range is around 200 - 250 meters, I can one-shot any enemy at that range on earth's interception untill wave ~7.T

The spread with multi-shot is not too bad, but it's a shotgun anyway... what? do you want to snipe with it or something? It's a close quarter weapon, and close quarters in archwing are ~100 - 200 meters. For a shotgun, it does it's job well, but ofc, there's room for improvement.

Let me guess, you comment about my post before checking to see how far you dodge. Dodging left/right with a Hyperion thrust moves you around 100 meters.

I have a rank 30 Corvas, it's not the damage per shot that is relevant 

^ Found statements do 'fend yourselves with... good, I expected that, this is internet after all... I can keep proving that your previous statements were wrong, but that won't change anything, you'll still be holding onto your opinion.

btw, you understood me wrong:

Let me guess, you comment about my post before checking to see how far you dodge. Dodging left/right with a Hyperion thrust moves you around 100 meters.

I didn't do dodges that went ~200 meters left to right. I was firing Corvas at different distances to see what his limit was, and it was around 200 m. when I started missing too much.

good bye, have a nice day.

^ Found statements do 'fend yourselves with... good, I expected that, this is internet after all... I can keep proving that your previous statements were wrong, but that won't change anything, you'll still be holding onto your opinion.

Trollish remarks are not only boring, but pointless with me. If you want to show me proof and I am indeed wrong, I yield and change my opinion.

I didn't do dodges that went ~200 meters left to right. I was firing Corvas at different distances to see what his limit was, and it was around 200 m. when I started missing too much.

You’re referring to maximum effective range, and I am referring to a shotgun’s a cone shaped firing pattern to effectively hit entirely in an NPC's silhouette. Your statement 'missing too much' is showing me you are considering a certain percentage of missed shots as acceptable.

Edited by LazyKnight

Wat.

>Vectis

>Ogris

>Penta

>Bows

All of my wat, you have it.

Snipers and Bows are ultimately useless, yes. Warframe is not a game that values the ability to kill single, tough enemies as much as it is about DPS and clearing out masses of weaker enemies. Plus, a DPS weapon can still put down the occasional Bombard while Vectis won't be cleaning out all those Lancers anyday soon.

Which is why Explosive weapons like the Ogris still are viable because of their AoE; this gives them a very high DPS that only gets better the more targets you hit.

Edited by Brimir

• 2 weeks later...

At the range required to effectively use this piece of crap, I find it more effective to butcher my enemies with the Veritux. It is, by definition, a FAILURE. I was expecting, I don't know, an ACTUAL FLAK CANNON. And no, not the Unreal Tournament one, I mean a gun that fires a spray of EXPLODING SHELLS WITH PROXY FUSES. DE needs to do some actual research...

...it is NOT worth going into close-combat with - the Imperator out-damages it greatly at any range.

I don't mean to derail, but this statement really encapsulates the problem with shotguns in this game as a whole, and I think it's really saddening that this issue hasn't had much / any dev attention.

At short range, shotguns should be the undisputed champions. But at every range, rifles reign supreme.

I was hoping this wouldn't be the case in Archwing, but judging by the content of your post... I guess it's still an issue.