Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Use of Weapons - Ideas for SPECIFIC new combat mechanics: stealth, combos, finishing blows, hostage taking, grabs, etc..

Zakalwe

Finishers would be a cool addition but this chain thing is not really that awesome....

and it would take to much time to code stuff like this....

the hostage thing isnt really that awesome. I mean. Look at the grineer. They are beasts. How do you want to take this guy as a hostage?

Tennos are strong and all but how do you want to take a grineer as hostage. They are one head bigger than you and to shoot your weapon while holding him wouldnt work either. For corpus, maybe. And for the saw guys from the grineer too. But thats it. And throwing them... Well that was funny in Saints Row, but this would be a little over the top here. As I said, Tennos are strong but they arent Hulk either.

Combo Counter, very good idea. You already see the damage you do on enemies, so why no kill count and a little reward for long chains.

Environmental kills would be cool too. But the window throw would be a little too much. You would get pulled too. But the door thing sounds very cool :D

Edited by Venarge

I can't see how the chain idea would take "too much time!" to code, most of the work is there.

All it would required is linking certain animations, and creating a few new animations to link, and the coding that links them, none of this is outside the realms of development possiblity.

And the hostage thing could be for specifc enemies only, perhaps only one enemy that could be created for this exact thing.

How about:

Each faction has an enginner type that doesn't attack but runs around healing, or setting up shield generators for their troops, etc...

This enemy is the same size as the Tennos, and thin, not a combat class.

Grabbing them, you link into their energy source and create an overshield while hold them hostage as explained above.

Or perhaps they simply recharge your own shields in the heat of battle if you kill them with a finishing blow!

Not wanting to toot my own horn, but it's little inventive ideas like this that would make the game feel unique and give combat scenarios much need variety and depth.

EDIT: I like that idea, I'll add it to the OP! :p

Edited by Zakalwe

Finishers itself doesn't fit online games. I've seen no games that would "flow" and make you feel like you actualy playing game than just watching movie (aka any console game, you know).

Yes, game need wall run and more movement actions, althought there is a hell load of threads about that.

Combo is stupid idea. It's not an arcade game, we play war. We here not for killing, but for objectives.

Hostage and other "interact with AI" actions is stupid. Grineers are clones and their goverment is military based. They will just shot hostage. Infected hostage? Oh, you are really smart guy must be. Corpus hostage? Still no use, they are either robots, either well trained mercenaries (i believe), nobody care bout hostage.

Edited by Cleff

Finishers itself doesn't fit online games. I've seen no games that would "flow" and make you feel like you actualy playing game than just watching movie (aka any console game, you know).

Yes, game need wall run and more movement actions, althought there is a hell load of threads about that.

Combo is stupid idea. It's not an arcade game, we play war. We here not for killing, but for objectives.

Hostage and other "interact with AI" actions is stupid. Grineers are clones and their goverment is military based. They will just shot hostage. Infected hostage? Oh, you are really smart guy must be. Corpus hostage? Still no use, they are either robots, either well trained mercenaries (i believe), nobody care bout hostage.

Sorry, but I disagree with your assment entirely.

We are certainly here for killing, killing is amost the entire point of this game and the core mechanic. I've no idea why you'd be against combo coutners if they actually added depth and variety to combat and didn't just tick up as you masged buttons. They would be there to inspire/add depth, not just pointless flashy on screen displays (but, hey, I did explain that in the description of the suggestion itself...).

And finishers would be VERY brief, very. There are plenty of action games that do this that don't feel like combat has been taken over by a cut-scene. The trick is to make them snappy, punchy, and super cool and varied.

And even if no one's done it right yet, that doesn't mean it cannot be done right.

Infected hostage? Oh, you are really smart guy must be.

Obviously this would be worked to fit here. I thought that would go without saying...

So erhaps scrap the idea of them not wanting to shoot and simply use the hostage idea as a shield boosting mechanic as explained.

Edited by Zakalwe

Finishers must stop time to put all that fancy moving in show "Look how awesome we did that like every other game nowdays". Either way they are pointless. If you make them you are either invincible, which is dumb, either dead man, because 2-3 seconds pretty much enough to screw you up on battlefield.

Stealth is works fine as it is. You can't be sure if one saw you, and that's make it purely skill based element. Stealth finishers with only ruin it with unnecessary delays.

Counter make people to run for pointless killing and turn game into arcade. Blasphemy! Well, damn, let's put a time counter and F-SSS ranks at end, put some achievments , final stage with super boss and Lotus stripping at end. Don't forget hats.

Edited by Cleff

Again, I'm sorry I disagree entirely.

The point of these moves would be risk vs reward. Reward for looking stylish, and for potential xp bonuses.

You'd have to choose when to use finishers wisely, they wouldn't be there to be spammed. You wouldn't be invincible, you'd be dead if you tried it in the middle of a horde. That's not the point, and no reason to not implement them.

And no, stealth is far from perfect atm. It's not even a proper stealth system.

And, as I said, the counter would be there to reward actual combat variety, NOT button mashing.

If you guys are goign to respond to tell me my ideas are bad, at least read what I've written.

And let's not dismiss these kinds of ideas just because other deves have implemented similar poorly.

The only thing on here that i oppose is cinematic kills with my only reason being that liking controls for a few seconds for a cutscenes really interrupts the flow of battle. One of the most amazing things about this game is that battle flow really well. They are fast paced and exiting, and I feel as though things would get choppy if I lose control every so often to kill just one guy.

Grades for levels and consecutive kills is some I greatly support though.

The only thing on here that i oppose is cinematic kills with my only reason being that liking controls for a few seconds for a cutscenes really interrupts the flow of battle. One of the most amazing things about this game is that battle flow really well. They are fast paced and exiting, and I feel as though things would get choppy if I lose control every so often to kill just one guy.

Grades for levels and consecutive kills is some I greatly support though.

The trick would be for it to be so brief, and only be able to be used every now and then due to the risk it puts you in, that it wouldn't matter. A very, VERY brief kill move. Like 1-2 seconds. If done right it wouldn't feel like you were losing control, especially if it were a locked sequence of button presses for each part of the move.

The idea is not that SOMEONE made that poorly. The fact is that most of these ideas are not for this kind of game. Fancy moves are for single playing games and MOSTLY (!!!) for consoles, because it's lack of speed that usually can be seen in computer games. Compare ANY shooter on console and atleast Quake 3 arena, you can see a BIG gap in speed and skill. Computer games are about skill play, not show off. Besides there is Shoryoken and other cool melee moves that already exist. That's about finishers.

Stealth works perfectly fine. I could finish whole mission on Saturn against grineers as Loki in full stealth mode. No alerts. I have no idea how you plan to make it "perfect".

What point of combo if i kill enemy in 1 hit? What point of combo if i already have max level? What point of Combo if it reward nothing? Let's make it straight. Warframe and weapon power up fast. I played for 2 days to get both warframe and main gun to max level, even then i didn't need it because it's already was good for everything.

Edited by Cleff

The idea is not that SOMEONE made that poorly. The fact is that most of these ideas are not for this kind of game. Fancy moves are for single playing games and MOSTLY (!!!) for consoles, because it's lack of speed that usually can be seen in computer games. Compare ANY shooter on console and atleast Quake 3 arena, you can see a BIG gap in speed and skill. Computer games are about skill play, not show off. Besides there is Shoryoken and other cool melee moves that already exist. That's about finishers.

Stealth works perfectly fine. I could finish whole mission on Saturn against grineers as Loki in full stealth mode. No alerts. I have no idea how you plan to make it "perfect".

What point of combo if i kill enemy in 1 hit? What point of combo if i already have max level? What point of Combo if it reward nothing? Let's make it straight. Warframe and weapon power up fast. I played for 2 days to get both warframe and main gun to max level, even then i didn't need it because it's already was good for everything.

Again, just because you're happy with it or you don't see how it works, doesn't mean it's perfect or that it couldn't work.

The stealth mechanic as it stands can be used, sure, but it's not very enjoyable for me and many others. It could easily be improved upon. Maybe not in the way I suggest, but somehow certainly.

Honestly, I don't want to bicker. If you don't like the ideas, fine! Feel free to come up with your own instead of just dismissing them because YOU can't see how they'd fit.

It's not your ideas. Forum already filled with same kind of ideas. You are not trying to prove anything when face critique, you just trying protect "your" ideas, because if for some lucky chance any of those appear in game, you could say "I did that".

At current state game have flow, it have action and most of people already found out that it have fance moves, which can be done with a bith of practice, using only standart moves.

What game realy need is a bit of polish. Wall run is a good idea but threads about it pop up everywhere. Some fixes in movements will be done with or without us, developers aware about that lack of mobility and flow out of combat. Stealth threads are everywhere too - add stelth indicator, more hidding spots etc etc etc, go read it, it's ALL there.

QTEs are exactly what I'm talking about when interrupting the flow of battle. A free Mele combo or just a subtle nudge off a cliff is fine, but anything involving additional presses or triggering parameters, no matter how short, chops up the fight unattractively

Please don't assume my intent. I couldn't care less if an idea I gave was credited, I simply want this game to improve.

And so what if these ideas are similar to others, the crux of the suggestion here is not the general idea but the way I've suggested they're implemented specifially.

And no, I've already discovered all the fancy combinations and possible moves, and I've played for one day. There currently is very little depth, and without it the game is going to get stale pretty quickly for many people.

QTEs are exactly what I'm talking about when interrupting the flow of battle. A free Mele combo or just a subtle nudge off a cliff is fine, but anything involving additional presses or triggering parameters, no matter how short, chops up the fight unattractively

QTEs yes because they actually actively take control away from you long enough for it to be bothersome and ruin flow, but if you worked these tiny animations in just right, it could even improve flow.

Like I said, just because it hasn't been done before doesn't mean it can't be done.

So, how about, instead of your character slipping into an animation that removes control and executes the move:

You're shooting, enemy health depletes to low, as you keep shooting your animation fluidly changes and the kill animation kicks in while you move around the battle field.

Example:

Shooting target while runing forward -> enemy health hits low -> prompt appears -> continue shooting -> last shot and your frame raises it's guns into an aiming animation as you make a perfect head shot. Nothing is interupted, but you see a little cool context sensitive animation.

Change the brief kill animation based on what you're doing at the time, ie: jumping, running forward/backwards, rolling, etc..

Or

Shooting target while running forward -> enemy heatlh hits low -> prompt appears -> hit mele -> quickly trip target and slash them in half in one fluid motion as you continue to run forward. Actually work it INTO the current movement animation and trigger it on context, so you're always in control, but little flourishes to the animation trigger to show you've timed something well.

Change it depending on how you were moving, ie: jumping as prompt apears and you hit mele? Then do a floor smash as usual but slice the enemy in half veritcally instead of staggering a crowd.

All of these things could be as brief as the current floor smash animation, and would add a sublte depth and variety to combat.

Edited by Zakalwe

So, how about, instead of your character slipping into an animation that removes control and executes the move:

You're shooting, enemy health depletes to low, as you keep shooting your animation fluidly changes and the kill animation kicks in while you move around the battle field.

Example:

Shooting target while runing forward -> enemy health hits low -> prompt appears -> continue shooting -> last shot and your frame raises it's guns into an aiming animation as you make a perfect head shot. Nothing is interupted, but you see a little cool context sensitive animation.

Change the brief kill animation based on what you're doing at the time, ie: jumping, running forward/backwards, rolling, etc..

Or

Shooting target while running forward -> enemy heatlh hits low -> prompt appears -> hit mele -> quickly trip target and slash them in half in one fluid motion as you continue to run forward. Actually work it INTO the current movement animation and trigger it on context, so you're always in control, but little flourishes to the animation trigger to show you've timed something well.

Change it depending on how you were moving, ie: jumping as prompt apears and you hit mele? Then do a floor smash as usual but slice the enemy in half veritcally instead of staggering a crowd.

All of these things could be as brief as the current floor smash animation, and would add a sublte depth and variety to combat.

Perfect.

Some decent ideas, although I strongly dislike the QTE's. Actually, anything with the description "prompt appears" ....yuck. The combat should be (and *is*) interesting and dynamic enough in its own right without having to resort to artificial external prompting.

Some decent ideas, although I strongly dislike the QTE's. Actually, anything with the description "prompt appears" ....yuck. The combat should be (and *is*) interesting and dynamic enough in its own right without having to resort to artificial external prompting.

Read the new section on sutble context sensitive animations that could remove the idea of QTE style moves entirely, but reward you with a cool animation for timing something right WITHOUT taking control away.

The prompt would need to be subtle, perhaps not even a flash but a tiny animation your target makes? Just something to aid your timing to trigger the move.

What do you think of that?

Edited by Zakalwe

@topic

free flow;

terrible idea. this game is not gunZ - such a mehcanic wouldnt be helpful at all. unless the devs decide to make a platforming zone, then wall running prince of persia style is a great idea

stealth/grabs;

again, not a good idea. the whole cinematic thing is a bad idea in general, and ALL frames being able to grab is bad for gameplay. maybe a handful of warframes with grabbing skills.

as for stealth, its fine. stealth is extremely challening and really only doable by loki. the devs should look into 'perches' in every map where players can snipe.

different anmiations;

no. to much effort for something not worth it, a better idea for this would be to change the death animations of guns, so theyre alittle more..realistic. i adore the idea of shooting a guy in the stomach and his abdomin exploding.

grabs/hostages

as above, a bad idea. it might work for corpus, but for every other faction they dont care.

engees;

a neat concept. maybe an enemy type that has a pistol of some kind and releases ospreys?

combo;

im not sur eif this would work in this kind of game.... although a hit counter would be neat, but considering the game is based on one hit kills it would be useless.

eviornment kills;

a neat idea. barrels, debris, wires, would all be neat additions to later maps. cutting wires to make them jump, different kinds of barrels for different effects, debris that you could shoot to make fall on top of someone to block their path.

enemy states;

i dont think this is a good idea. it would be too time intensive and not worth the effort.

coop attacks;

a neat idea. instead of that button tagging (X is already used dude...) just use a waypoint - and ally attack damage is increased.

style points;

style is okay. instead of unlcoking things, lets just make it so style is a cosmetic number.

bioboost;

were not guyver. we dont need a hyper mode, bad idea for all warframes. maybe a 75 energy skill for a specific warframe.

Thanks for your feedback.

@topic

free flow;

terrible idea. this game is not gunZ - such a mehcanic wouldnt be helpful at all. unless the devs decide to make a platforming zone, then wall running prince of persia style is a great idea

Disagree.

If a free flow style mode were limited in the right way it would enhance gameplay greatly. This game feels like it's telling us to get creative and stylish with the way we kill, but at present we're extremely limited.

How is running up walls not in keeping with the foundation style of the Tenno's movement?

And just because another game has done it doesn't mean this game wouldn't benefit from it.

Think about it: being able to fludily run up a pillar, flip off the top, land on a higher platform, and kill an enemy in one fluid motion wouldn't be fun?

stealth/grabs;

again, not a good idea. the whole cinematic thing is a bad idea in general, and ALL frames being able to grab is bad for gameplay. maybe a handful of warframes with grabbing skills.

as for stealth, its fine. stealth is extremely challening and really only doable by loki. the devs should look into 'perches' in every map where players can snipe.

The stealth system is far from fine. It's challenging because it's clunky and lacks depth, not because it's well made and fully realised. And it shouldn't be limited to a single frame, much like basic combat isn't. Loki should be better at it, but not the only frame that can.

different anmiations;

no. to much effort for something not worth it, a better idea for this would be to change the death animations of guns, so theyre alittle more..realistic. i adore the idea of shooting a guy in the stomach and his abdomin exploding.

See, it's these little efforts that make a game realy special.

grabs/hostages

as above, a bad idea. it might work for corpus, but for every other faction they dont care.

Doesn't matter if they don't care if you're just using them as a meat sheild.

combo;

im not sur eif this would work in this kind of game.... although a hit counter would be neat, but considering the game is based on one hit kills it would be useless.

The game isn't based on one hit kills. Maybe that's what happens currently when you get powerful (not at end game myself), but they could (and should) tweak this so combat remains/becomes more tactical and not just mowing down oncoming targets iwth little regard.

enemy states;

i dont think this is a good idea. it would be too time intensive and not worth the effort.

Again, these little nuances make the game truly special. No offense, but I really hope the devs don't have the same mindset as you or any new idea is going to be discarded in favour of the easy tried and tested cooky cutter wasy of doing things.

coop attacks;

a neat idea. instead of that button tagging (X is already used dude...) just use a waypoint - and ally attack damage is increased.

X means "any generic button", not specifically the 'X' button.

bioboost;

were not guyver. we dont need a hyper mode, bad idea for all warframes. maybe a 75 energy skill for a specific warframe.

Again, a bad idea why? Aside from the fact that you don't like it?

-

Cheers!

@TC

i can see you think your ideas are the bees knees and wont really listen to anything negative. you WANT it.

your first point on freeflow, a la AC (prince of persia was first, dammit >.<) wouldnt work in this game largely because of how small the map is and the fact this is a free to play COG title. the systems you want so badly just wouldnt fit in with the game because it is largely a shooter and not a platforming game. a system like that would be a great addition to platforming levels - it really would - but in normal levels it would just be wasted effort that could be put towards more warframes. better level design, more level types, and a few other features.

the stealth system is clunky, i agree, and the current maps arent designed for it. a small addition would be those nooks and crannies you can hide in (like i mentioned and you seemed to gloss over.) but its good as it is - a decent player can abuse a snipertron and sneak through an entire level (assuming theres no large rooms or its a artifact/reactor mission)

those little touches, while nice sometimes, are utterly and completely time consuming. the oens you suggest would turn this game into something entirely different, like a S#&$ty console FPS. like call of dootie.

you just want hostages because you want it; there is no rhyme or reason for it. we are tenno. we kill our enemy. we do not parley, we are not pirates. we are tenno.

a majority of players will tell you that the best weapons, the ones most used, are one shot kill weapons. you seem to want a different kind of game - if you want tactics go play battlefield. this game IS a dungeon crawler like diablo or torchwood. strategy? look for your enemies weak point, look for a good place to snipe, and have at it.

you attack me because i have a different opinion, different enemy states would take a ton of work. this is, unfortunately, a free to play COG. they dont have the money to take that extra ton of effort and make something that would be detrimental to normal gameplay.

in the idea of states though lies the alert state. i beleive that the ship shouldnt pick you up right when the enemy is alerted to you - rather the first enemy who spots you should have to run to a terminal to activate the intruder alert.

you cant pick and choose what you respond to... respond to the entire statement or not at all. you specified the X button in all of your 'attack' suggestions. if this game were a fixed camera arial third person game id agree with your grab ideas, but its not. we dont need to tag an enemy with a special key - we have waypoints. waypoints can be used on enemies and it even tells you its an enemy ON the waypoint.

lastly; bioboosting is a bad idea because we dont need a hypermode. we may be tenno, warriors of some kind, but we dont powerup like a saiyan or a naruto. we are at full power all the time - we give 100% of our skills and abilities to our objective. we dont have hidden powers. adding it to a SHOOTER game would overall be terrible. all it does is add a layer of complexity to already awesome characters. but the concept is neat - adding it to a melee oriented warframe as a 3rd skill is a wonderful idea, like adding grab skills (in fact... let me do something under this.) but making them universal would only confuse players and they would go un-used anyway because guns are so much stronger than melee weapons.

warframe; wolfram

type; warrior

weapon orientation; melee

skills;

shoulder crash (3) (25 power); dash foreward to deal damage, then grab all enemies directly in front of you in a massive bearhug

dash deals 300 damage, bearhug deals 100

one two punch (3) (50 power); grab an enemy and punch them up to five times, then fling them away in the direction youre facing. (you can move while youre holding them, just slowly like youre zoomed in)

deals 150 damage per punch and 200 when thrown

power stomp (3) (75 power); stomp the ground to deal damage to enemies via a shockwave

deals 800 damage in a 20 meter range along with 50 electrical damage in a 50 meter range.

weapon crash; (3) (100 power); increases your hit rate, speed, critical hit rate, critical damage, shield regeneration, and health by 50%. also transforms your melee attack into a grab that allows you to grab enemies with one E tap, and punch them with rapid E taps. hold E to throw your enemy. each punch costs 5 energy. when you run out of energy your melee attacks revert to normal.

punch deals 90 damage, throw deals 100.

Edited by Kittygoesmeow

@TC

i can see you think your ideas are the bees knees and wont really listen to anything negative. you WANT it.

No, I would simply like some solid reasoning aside from "It's terrible, won't work".

Very simple request.

Also, instead of jumping in and saying "terrible idea", how about a little manners and trying something like: "I don't think this would work, because...".

Just a thought.

your first point on freeflow, a la AC (prince of persia was first, dammit >.<) wouldnt work in this game largely because of how small the map is and the fact this is a free to play COG title. the systems you want so badly just wouldnt fit in with the game because it is largely a shooter and not a platforming game. a system like that would be a great addition to platforming levels - it really would - but in normal levels it would just be wasted effort that could be put towards more warframes. better level design, more level types, and a few other features.

There are plenty of massive rooms with huge pillars that could be made use of in this way, and a free form button could be used to hop over all the railng and boxes in fluid motions while shooting to create really fast paced gameplay.

This would be completely in keeping with the foundation laid by the current movement combos that seem to hint at a very fluid form of movement (diving while shooting, sliding while shooting, etc...). The current form is severely underdeveloped, if you can think of other ways to increase the fluidity of the system then feel free to suggest!

Core gameplay refinements are much more important than new content that can be churned out at any point.

Oh, and you suggested in your own thread:

"assisted glide (3) (75) jump up very high and can glide in any direction for five to ten seconds."

So there's enough room to fly around a level, but not free run over the environment?

those little touches, while nice sometimes, are utterly and completely time consuming. the oens you suggest would turn this game into something entirely different, like a S#&$ty console FPS. like call of dootie.

Sorry, but no. Maybe my ideas aren't the right ones specifically, but refinements like these are what make games better. Nuances and depth of combat and animations are a GOOD thing.

Clearly you misunderstand as Call of Duty has nothing like this, no little refinements, nothing about the combat that makes it stand out. It's a generic, point and click shooter. If anything, these kinds of things would distance the game from the generic.

That's kind of the point...

you just want hostages because you want it; there is no rhyme or reason for it. we are tenno. we kill our enemy. we do not parley, we are not pirates. we are tenno.

No, I want more gameplay depth. hostages aren't taken to parly, they're taken to use as meat-shields when you're health is dangerously low mid comabt.

Get over the idea that they're being taken for anything more than to use as a tool.

a majority of players will tell you that the best weapons, the ones most used, are one shot kill weapons. you seem to want a different kind of game - if you want tactics go play battlefield. this game IS a dungeon crawler like diablo or torchwood. strategy? look for your enemies weak point, look for a good place to snipe, and have at it.

They would? Is the Gorgon a one shot kill weapon? Nope, and it's one of the most popular.

So what if this is a dungeon crawler. It doesn't have to be a mindless blaster just because it is, and that kind of mentality is exaclty what develops genric and shallow games in the genre.

This game has plenty of potential for combat depth. I have no idea why you wouldn't want that.

you attack me because i have a different opinion, different enemy states would take a ton of work. this is, unfortunately, a free to play COG. they dont have the money to take that extra ton of effort and make something that would be detrimental to normal gameplay.

in the idea of states though lies the alert state. i beleive that the ship shouldnt pick you up right when the enemy is alerted to you - rather the first enemy who spots you should have to run to a terminal to activate the intruder alert.

I didn't attack you. I said I hope the devs don't share your mindset of "too much hard work? no thanks!".

Two things:

1. You don't know how much work it would be.

2. Just because something is hard work doesn't mean it isn't worth it.

you cant pick and choose what you respond to... respond to the entire statement or not at all. you specified the X button in all of your 'attack' suggestions. if this game were a fixed camera arial third person game id agree with your grab ideas, but its not. we dont need to tag an enemy with a special key - we have waypoints. waypoints can be used on enemies and it even tells you its an enemy ON the waypoint.

Using 'x' 'y' 'z' to designate a genric button press is pretty standardised shorthand.

The tag system was a very specific idea for a very specifc gameplay mechanic, not just a "tag to see" system. FIne if you don't like it, but I think you misunderstood the point of what I suggested.

lastly; bioboosting is a bad idea because we dont need a hypermode. we may be tenno, warriors of some kind, but we dont powerup like a saiyan or a naruto. we are at full power all the time - we give 100% of our skills and abilities to our objective. we dont have hidden powers.

This is your opinion, and that's fine.

My opinion is that well developed mehcanic that adds depth to the combat is a good thing, and the idea of a boosted mode doesn't in any way go against current lore.

If the boosted mode were triggered by building up to it using gameplay mechanics that made you use vairety of moves, or interactions with teammates, or anything that would add depth, then it would be worht workign toward and would inspire the player to be creative/inventive with their kills instead of just mashing buttons at oncoming targets.

Again, depth of combat is a good thing, and a dungeon crawler doesn't have to be mindless.

Edited by Zakalwe

Way TLDR (will do so later once I wake up)

I still don't think that an insta kill takedown would be appropriate in this game. The whole idea is that you are being swarmed by other enemies so 1 kill at a time doesn't suit the environment. Sure the idea of taking down a lone grineer at a corner is cool but then again there is no actual stealth mechanic implemented yet. Once stealth comes in then it may seem much more viable. Finishing blows yes but only really makes sense on bosses at this point.

The only combat mechanic I want is a mouse based melee for combos that just use left clicks and right clicks. Similar to Vindictus but more balanced so players don't just spam 1 set of combo (That game pretty much gave you everything from the start, got very very repetitive although very fun).