Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Use of Weapons - Ideas for SPECIFIC new combat mechanics: stealth, combos, finishing blows, hostage taking, grabs, etc..

Zakalwe

I agree with the notion that kills need to be a bit more stylish for two reasons

1)Lore: We are Tenno, Warriors of a mystical age of technology and obviously of a more civilised and stylish age. We were probably taught to kill with a bit of flare.

2) Awesome factor: Think about it. There is a room with 5 Grineer marines inside. You burst in. First marine is met by a flurry of blades, triggering a breif animation with you cutting off his leg and as he falls you behead him. Without stoping you move while shooting the next until you meet him, you stab him in the gut and and pull the blade out at the side almost cutting him in two. The rest are in cover. You shoot one enough to trigger and animation, Tenno takes aim and runs the gun up the marins torso while the marine is having a sesurous reaction. Moving now, The Tenno shoots one of the last two marines enough, jumps and ground pounds but instead of the useually animation the blade comes down on the marine, cutting him down the middle. The last is almost as the first but instead it is an animation where the Tenno spins twice, cutting the legs then the head off.

If all of this can be done seamlessly where you don't even feel like you pressed a button because of a prompt, and it literally takes no control away (Doubtful although hopeful) then It would in my opinion improve the flow . As it is now there is litterally nothing to melee than "spam until it comes in half" Which is deadful seeing as we are supposed to be skilled warriors who spend hours training a day and we don't have anything to show it.

I like it how much effort you put into writing all that OP.

You've created some discussion by sharing your own, maybe rather radical, but inspiring ideas.

That's a good thing.

But Warframe is a pretty simple, fast paced game with a shoot 'til it dies mentality.

So instead of making the gameplay a lot more complex, we should think of things that would fit into this kind of style.

Something what I would add or change in this game first:

Missions that require a good use of your agility. I would like to see some platforming in this game. Also enemies that you actually have to chase or run away from. Or the classic escape from a collapsing building.

No bullet sponges.

I'd rather see a lot of enemies that you can easily kill, but they could do the same to you. So you'd have to be fast, getting to your target, taking him down and then quickly getting yourself into a better position.

I just hate it in games where you can take a lot of hits and so can your target. Most of the time it results in a booring static battle where you keep firing and basically just waiting to your enemy to die.

Melee combat improvement.

I said something about this on another topic already, but..

Now melee feels like bringing a sword to a gunfight. Doesn't really feel so smart to use melee weapons when you've got a gun with you.

Tenno seem like they want to keep their equipment light so they could be really agile and fast. But you only do that if you actually think that you're much more deadly this way than your opponent with heavy armor and a rocket launcher.

Now it doesn't seem to be so, since you've got yourself 2 or 3 guns always with you and even some spare ammo.

Maybe melee weapons should be buffed, or you get better rewards for going melee. Maybe you get energy or health whenever you manage to gut someone.

Loot.

WF is still in beta, so I believe there's going to be much more content added to the game.

But what kind of loot there should be? Now you mostly get some crafting items to craft some few items. But you can already buy most of those items from the store.

I'd like to see maybe a Borderlands or Diablo -like loot. Weapons and other gear with different stats.

The current items we've got aren't much to even talk about. I hope we get better loot in the future.

Edited by Kaiku

I like it how much effort you put into writing all that OP.

You've created some discussion by sharing your own, maybe rather radical, but inspiring ideas.

That's a good thing.

But Warframe is a pretty simple, fast paced game with a shoot 'til it dies mentality.

So instead of making the gameplay a lot more complex, we should think of things that would fit into this kind of style.

Something what I would add or change in this game first:

Missions that require a good use of your agility. I would like to see some platforming in this game. Also enemies that you actually have to chase or run away from. Or the classic escape from a collapsing building.

No bullet sponges.

I'd rather see a lot of enemies that you can easily kill, but they could do the same to you. So you'd have to be fast, getting to your target, taking him down and then quickly getting yourself into a better position.

I just hate it in games where you can take a lot of hits and so can your target. Most of the time it results in a booring static battle where you keep firing and basically just waiting to your enemy to die.

Melee combat improvement.

I said something about this on another topic already, but..

Now melee feels like bringing a sword to a gunfight. Doesn't really feel so smart to use melee weapons when you've got a gun with you.

Tenno seem like they want to keep their equipment light so they could be really agile and fast. But you only do that if you actually think that you're much more deadly this way than your opponent with heavy armor and a rocket launcher.

Now it doesn't seem to be so, since you've got yourself 2 or 3 guns always with you and even some spare ammo.

Maybe melee weapons should be buffed, or you get better rewards for going melee. Maybe you get energy or health whenever you manage to gut someone.

Loot.

WF is still in beta, so I believe there's going to be much more content added to the game.

But what kind of loot there should be? Now you mostly get some crafting items to craft some few items. But you can already buy most of those items from the store.

I'd like to see maybe a Borderlands or Diablo -like loot. Weapons and other gear with different stats.

The current items we've got aren't much to even talk about. I hope we get better loot in the future.

Thanks Kaiku, if you can think of other ways to achieve these things then please share!

All I want to see is satisfying depth to the combat, and the ideas I've put forward would (imo) acheieve that. Of course, they're not the only ways...

I'm assuming the devs read these forums for ideas (the entire point of this beta) so please, please get involved with threads like these and help refine ideas or put forward your own!

Okay here is my 5 cents for the OP:

I agree and support these points:

Eginneer

Combo counter

Disarming

Style points

And here is my problem with the rest of the points:

Free flow:

Sounds cool all right, and it would be awesome to see Prince of Persia(far supperior game to AC, in my opinion.) style wall runs, but honestly th maps arent larg enough for that. So far it the levels arent designed for that.

You are fighting in a small cooridor most of the time, and when you are in a large room you arent fighting by the wall, you are going to the middle because there lies the action.

So unless they redesign the levels, this is just waste of development time and energy, aka resources.

Stealth kills:

I do like the idea of stealth kills, and the stealth system needs to be improved, bu the context sensitive stealth kill is good until 1 kill. No chains what so ever. Chain kills would become QTE. But the first one isnt. you need to sneak up to the enemy, withouth him noticing you and kill it.

Context Sensitive Animations:

This sounds good on paper, but itsn't. Whenever you say a "promt appears" it translates into QTE. and QTEs breaks the flow of games no matter what in my opinion.

So instead of these why not make special attack anymations depending what you are doing?

For example you have dual skana...

Sprinting forward -> Hit Crounching and melee attack at the same time while sprinting. -> You start sliding while you hold out the two skana's side ways slicing off the legs whoever crosses with the blades.

or You have the glove melee weapon( FURAX i think i havea bad name memory.) plus ether LEX or pistol shotgun as selected weapon...

Press melee near an enemy -> punches in the face -> quickly tap fire -> instead of a regular fire, it trigers a quick animation of BLASTING THE HEAD TO BLOODY PIECES witha quick well aimed shoot insta killing them.

these are better becouse you need to fullfill these creterias and it isnt a QTE you choose to do these, not becouse a quick promt appears.

Also about the insta killing... after the shield nerf doing that aniation againsa group of enemies is sure death, but against one is kinda cool.

or here isa third one:

you have equiped the dual LATO:

Hit jump, forward and shoot at the same time -> You jump forward like when you are aiming in mid air, and instead of just simple forward jump you start spinning and start shotting around you for the brief time until you land.

this is a cool way to entera new room and hitting the enemies that might be using the door as cover and maybe even other enemies as well.

Andi n myo pinion these are better becouse these arent QTEs at all, and you can do them at will.

Grabs and hostiges:

I'm completlete against it. a few people already stated: it breaks the flow. you are space ninja. you are fast, you are precise. you hit quick and hard. there is no time to slow down becouse you are abad spot and you eeda meatshield.

Noa space needja ether dashes out as quickly as possible, while also killing a few of them. (SLASH DASH), teleport out so the enemies shoot each other ( LOKI switch teleport) or just STOMP so hard that everyone flies up in the air ( Rhino)

grabing an enemy and using them it just slows you down, slow s down the game's pace. and thats bad.

Anything that slows down the game is BAD!

Envriomment sensitive kills:

This sounds good up until you need to grab... evriomental kills is in there in the form of exploding barrels, but it needs to be extended.

For example shoting the galsses does the sameefect as far but with the added affect that whoever is naer the damaged glass, takes extra damage constantly while being near, and if they die near a break they will be sucked out into the sapce. This includes players too. they will grab onto the rail or whatever until they chances of revival runs out, but after that they fly out like the rest of them. Other players can save him before the safty grids are activated, but if the safety grid is activated before the player is revived.... wel bad luck for him.

Enemy states:

I do like the idea of freezing the enemy and on a critical hit it breaks apart, but implenting this wrongly, and everybody will spam Ice mods and all you will see is constantly braking ice statues

Co-op kill chains:

Just no. the waypoint marker can be used to tag enemies to my knowledge and to use it to cordanate with your teammates. and addig bonuses just becouse you tagged an enemy? It would be spammed left and right.

Bio Boost:

Space Ninjas dont need boosts. they are fighting at their 100%. they are giving all they have for the objective. We are Tenno. Not Super Sayains.

Whant I say "a prompt appears", I don't mean a QTE style input, I mean a reaction style imput based on timing.

Many games do this, think of the way The Witcher's combo system works. It awards well timed melee hits, something like that would suit this game greatly.

As for the rest, it's down to preference. I love the idea of going super sayain, and it's perfrecly in keeping in terms of Lore. We're already super tech.mages, a little more on top wouldn't break the theme.

Co-op chains would sinpire team work if done right, I'm not talkign about hjust spotting a la BF3, but something with a little more nuance.

Your reasoning against grabs doesn't fit, grabs wcould be worked in very fluidly and not slow down combat at all. If it works for games such as DMC and GOW, then it could easily work here and even improve the flow of combat no end. And beofre you say "this isn't DMC or GOW", the melee system could easily borrow ideas from these games and improve things a greatdeal. I'm not saying go full on button mashing super combos, but a little of what they do well.

Slowing the pace is also not a bad thing inherently, I often slow down with my sniper to place a few headshots on distant targets in larger rooms, as long as the fluidity of the actions remains intact, the pace doesn't have to be breakneck constantly. In fact, an ebb and flow adds nuance and should probably be worked toward, not away from.

Anyway, I appreciate opinions differ and thanks for the detailed feedback!

Edited by Zakalwe

The constant references to GOW and DMC... Lol, just lol. Look man, I like those games too, but they have everything to do with getting stuck into a group of enemies and flourishing your way out of it. This game is one that is finally catering to another crowd that happens to enjoy eliminating tons of enemies by the sheer skill of our mouse control, our superior positioning and forethought, as well our ability to use the in game character's natural forward/back/left/right locomotion to overcome overwhelming odds. Stringing together the basic moves that we have at our disposal, we can already pull off quite a convincing dance of death with melee alone. At this point melee seems already to be much more about getting your timing perfect with your selected weapon in order to take minimal damage while constantly dishing it out. No pausing whatsoever. You learn to read the enemies in front of you and not push your luck, THEN you'll be convinced the melee in this game is already on an entirely different level that does not require much of what you are suggesting. The pacing of this game is seems designed around efficiency, not cinematic flair. Pausing to pop a guy in the knee, gut and head or whatever while you are being swarmed by 5 others is a sure fire way to get your face eaten - it's what flawed Space Marine's combat system. And if you're magically invulnerable during the animation (which is what some games do), that just feels wrong to me. It breaks the immersion.

As for waiting for a 'prompt' of ANY, I repeat ANY kind - your focus is suddenly going to be shifted to watching for 'it' rather than watching the battlefield. It pays in total kill count to constantly plan your next movements rather than check out how cool you look. It's cool in some games, sure, just not really this one, I feel. I, for one have always 'felt' cooler when I put a rail slug through someone's face at long range while in mid air (admittedly Q3A fanboy, mind you) as opposed to hitting X, X, TRIANGLE, SQUARE.

That all said, I do wish that after knocking an enemy over, you could aim at him, hit melee and have your character actually SWING DOWN AT HIM.

The constant references to GOW and DMC... Lol, just lol.

The fact is, those games do melee combat well and we could take elements from them and apply them here. As I said, I don't mean emulate the entire thing, just elements.

Stringing together the basic moves that we have at our disposal, we can already pull off quite a convincing dance of death with melee alone.

Melee combat is currently very stilted. There are various combinatins, but stringing them is not fluid at all.

If you reallythink I am doing something wrong, I'd love to see you in action in game. I can assure you we'll be doing the same things, and if the current way is fluid to you then I don't really know what to say...

Even the devs agree it isn't done yet.

As for waiting for a 'prompt' of ANY, I repeat ANY kind - your focus is suddenly going to be shifted to watching for 'it' rather than watching the battlefield.

Not at all. In The Witcher I found myself learning the timing and using muscle memory to time my hits rather than watching for the hint.

Fact is, as I said, the devs have said they're expanding melee. They've not told us how, but I wouldnt' rule out the possbility of similar ideas to the ones presented here being implemented. The current system is far from ready, and there's only so much you can do with melee systems in TPS games.

Edited by Zakalwe

Finishers really don't fit the flavor of this game.

Wallrunning is (at the moment, at least) basically useless. Maybe a good concept for the future.

I would like to see the melee system expanded, but prompts don't feel like the BEST way to do it. Maybe a PSO2 style prompt would work, with the timing of hits increasing damage output, but I would much rather have some sort of combo system.

A hostage/grab system would slow down the game's pace on top of feeling downright odd. The tenno are (supposedly) chivalrous by nature, and taking a meatshield doesn't seem to fit the space ninja theme anyway.

Hyper mode is not something that would work well in coop, and I don't think we need a hyper mode at all. Look at how fast we slaughter hordes already, we don't need to be ss3 orbital frames on top of that.

I think that you are heading off on a tangent with these suggestions, and I'm noticing that you like to support your opinions with more opinions. It's fine to have ideas, but many of these posts that you shrug off raise valid concerns. Maybe think about what Warframe would become if your ideas were implemented, as opposed to what it is right now. There's always room for growth and expansion, but some ideas just don't fall into place, and for good reason.

Finishers really don't fit the flavor of this game.

I'd say they do very much so, as long as they were quick like the current slash enemy in half.

Like, slash enmy veritcally if you power move in the air. That kind of thing. Perfectly in keeping with the current way melee works.

Wallrunning is (at the moment, at least) basically useless. Maybe a good concept for the future.

It would be lots of fun to run up pillars in the big rooms. Of course, the majority of the maps aren't built for it yet.

I would like to see the melee system expanded, but prompts don't feel like the BEST way to do it. Maybe a PSO2 style prompt would work, with the timing of hits increasing damage output, but I would much rather have some sort of combo system.

A hostage/grab system would slow down the game's pace on top of feeling downright odd. The tenno are (supposedly) chivalrous by nature, and taking a meatshield doesn't seem to fit the space ninja theme anyway.

So it's okay to cut an enemy into pieces, but grabbing one to use as a shield isn't?

Combat should not just be constant break-kneck, it becomes somehwat mindless. Ebb and flow is what we need, imo.

Hyper mode is not something that would work well in coop, and I don't think we need a hyper mode at all. Look at how fast we slaughter hordes already, we don't need to be ss3 orbital frames on top of that.

It would work just fine in co-op. and it doens't have to be ott. It could be some kind of slightly faster melee mode where your strikes have a lisghtly wider arc, hit slightly faster, and slightly harder. It could be sublte, and fit the theme just fine.

I think that you are heading off on a tangent with these suggestions, and I'm noticing that you like to support your opinions with more opinions. It's fine to have ideas, but many of these posts that you shrug off raise valid concerns. Maybe think about what Warframe would become if your ideas were implemented, as opposed to what it is right now. There's always room for growth and expansion, but some ideas just don't fall into place, and for good reason.

I don't think many of you have raised valid concerns though, I think most people have simly said "I don't like it, so I don't want it". And of course I'm going to back up my suggestions, I think they're good ideas or I wouldn't have suggested them!

Your opinion is these won't work, my opinion is they will. And there are plenty of games very similar to the feel of Warfream in many ways that use similar concepts, so we know they /can/ work in similar settings.

What it comes down to is personal taste, and it's fine that those things differ.

What it comes down to is personal taste, and it's fine that those things differ.

Fair enough.

So it's okay to cut an enemy into pieces, but grabbing one to use as a shield isn't?

Quite so. Taking hostages is cowardly, and hardly fair. If you slash them to pieces, you gave them a fighting chance. More than just a fighting chance if you used a melee weapon instead of a firearm.

Quite so. Taking hostages is cowardly, and hardly fair. If you slash them to pieces, you gave them a fighting chance. More than just a fighting chance if you used a melee weapon instead of a firearm.

Silly, slightly pedantic pandering to lore, imo.

The Tenno are not giving anyone a fighting chance, they're super overpowered. The ony reason the enemy have any kind of chance is strength in numbers. If they realy were as hounoable as you say (to the point they'd actually forgo certain tactics) then they'd depower themselves a little....

Edited by Zakalwe

... I suddenly see how you have so many goddamned posts. You literally respond to everyone individually, which is cool but I just have to say: You've got some serious time on your hands, dude.

Ahem. So yes GOW, DMC etc have good melee systems, but that's all they have for decent combat. Ranged never really comes into it. Always an afterthought, if anything at all. Whereas shooting crap is an integral part of WarFrame. The elements that make up much of what makes it fun to play those games don't fit in with what we currently have. They would change it into something else rather than improving on what exists.

I only have just over 5000 kills in game, looking at my stats, but if I add up all the kills done by melee weapons so far (Mainly Cronus and Scindo), they account for more than half of that number. I love the way the melee system works so far. Sure, there is room for improvement- but thus far there is no end to the joy of hearing my teammates laughing over my headsets when my Loki Frame goes invis and there's suddenly a bloody mess erupting from the middle of the enemy ranks. If anything maybe a couple of options on swing/stab directions and some slightly better collision detection would suit me just fine. Until then I simply know the sequence of cuts and thrusts that my chosen weapon has and from there it is completely up to me to be in the correct position when they happen.

And btw, you cannot "assure" me that we would be doing the same thing in game. That is completely assumed knowledge on your part and highly unlikely since my opinion of the current system is so much higher than yours. Don't make assumptions like that unless you enjoy people thinking of you as a twat.

Edited by psyanide

The thing is... the prompt you are saying is a QTE here is why:

Quick Time Event is a limited time frame where you need to react to it with a specific button or button combination.

Your Prompt is the same time: you need to react to the prompt in the small time frame with your reaction.

I never played witcher, so i don’t know how it is implemented, but however you say it it sounds like a well hidden QTE in the combo system. And its not the IN YOUR FACE SMASH BUTTON FOR DO COOL QTE. but still it is QTE none theless. this game doesnt needs it.

Second i think itsa bad idea to bring up DMC or even GOW. Warframe is different from them.

DMC is an over the top hack and slash game which focuses on ridiculous combos and stylish killing. Mostly melee, ranged is an after though as someone already said here.

GOW is a third person shooter all right, but that’s where the similarities end. GOW you need to move from cover to cover and shoot things while in cover. Coming out of cover while ina gun fight is a suicide. GOW is a tactical shooter.

Warframe is a game where you are a SPACE NINJA. in SPEES. You don’t need puny covers against lesser creatures. You go into the crowd BLIND THEM and open them up by their stomach with your sword. And not givea single F*** in the process. Because its the rule of cool.

You don’t need extensive melee combat system like DMC. not even combination. a single mellee button is enough as it is. This game is a shooter. not a brawler. No need for grabbing ether. you crush your foes with your warframes grip alone. And it would ruin your suit too.

Nor do you need any cover system or tactical assistance system. you can lay waypoint on the enemies already, and you have the internal VoIP for talking to each other. that’s enough for that.

With your ideas you are trying to change warframe from a shooter into a more brawler. Yes Melee is an after though. a @(*()$ awesome afterthought. and it should remain that.

What we need for warframe is to improve what we have and minimal addition: to add more things but don’t change what we have already(aside from optimising).

For example my special maneuver idea, would add to the game but would not change whatever there is. it just adds another move that you execute when you want it, and there is no prompt, no complication. Just press three button for this effect. Simple. I need to open a topic for that now that I think it.

and the bad thing about you is that somehow you firmly believe that your ideas would make the game way better. In my opinion it would change the game to much for my liking.

I like the game for its simplicity and the option to mix and match weapons so you can create your unique mix and just be awesome while doing so.

Edited by NaGeL

Sorry, but you're wrong. QTEs are moments of scripted animation or video with the player pressing a button every now and then.

Timed combat prompts like the one in The witcher occur while you're in total control of your character, mid combat, and can be ignored or taken advantage of. At no point do you lose control.

It's very clear these things are completely different, even if you've not played The Witcher.

And the devs have already stated they're looking at improving combat depth, I hope they have more ambition than you in what they consider. This game is not limited to being just a shooter, and adding in depth melee wouldn't harm you. You don't want it, don't used it!

We'll have to wait and see what they come up with.

... I suddenly see how you have so many goddamned posts. You literally respond to everyone individually, which is cool but I just have to say: You've got some serious time on your hands, dude.

Ahem. So yes GOW, DMC etc have good melee systems, but that's all they have for decent combat. Ranged never really comes into it. Always an afterthought, if anything at all. Whereas shooting crap is an integral part of WarFrame. The elements that make up much of what makes it fun to play those games don't fit in with what we currently have. They would change it into something else rather than improving on what exists.

I only have just over 5000 kills in game, looking at my stats, but if I add up all the kills done by melee weapons so far (Mainly Cronus and Scindo), they account for more than half of that number. I love the way the melee system works so far. Sure, there is room for improvement- but thus far there is no end to the joy of hearing my teammates laughing over my headsets when my Loki Frame goes invis and there's suddenly a bloody mess erupting from the middle of the enemy ranks. If anything maybe a couple of options on swing/stab directions and some slightly better collision detection would suit me just fine. Until then I simply know the sequence of cuts and thrusts that my chosen weapon has and from there it is completely up to me to be in the correct position when they happen.

And btw, you cannot "assure" me that we would be doing the same thing in game. That is completely assumed knowledge on your part and highly unlikely since my opinion of the current system is so much higher than yours. Don't make assumptions like that unless you enjoy people thinking of you as a twat.

There was absolutely no need for the off-hand insult mate.

The assumption we'd be doing the same thing is very safe as melee combat is so limited. I make use of all melee moves, and create as many combinations as I can, and judging from your love of melee, you do too. Fact is, melee combat is so shallow that we couldn't help but mimic each other. It's just too limited to have any kind if unique melee style.

I'm not saying thia to put you down, so please don't take it personally. It's a flaw with the game's current lack of depth, melee is a secondary mechanic. Luckily the devs have said they're expanding it so we should both be in for a treat. Even if they just add something simple like the ability to take two melee weapons and a few combination extensions, it'll be awesome!

BTW, I assign my melee to mouse 1 and have my gun on back up. I love melee in this game, what there is of it. If you fancy hooking up fit some melee only games and to show me your stuff, I'm up for it.

Edited by Zakalwe

You know that you tend insult people here who don't share your views?

I just let you know if you didnt notice it.

and you can say that buta prompt in whatever envrioment that requires reaction is a QTE. you can belive it otherwise, but it is what it is.

and adding graple and QTE doesnt imideatly mean combat depth. even after eding these the gameplay can feel shallow. ts the small subtetly that counts. like the prompt you are taliking about in witcher.

Actually Nagel, from the start people (including yourself) have been needlessly hostile and malcious toward me. It seems people are very over-protective of this game, and any idea that deviates from the standard is met with aggression.

I've not insulted anyone. Feel free to PM me examples if you really think I have (let's keep any fighting out of the public forums), but if you re-read the thread you'll notice my general tone is a response to the hostile response from many of the posters here.

Quick Time Event

"In video games, a Quick Time Event (QTE) is a method of context-sensitivegameplay in which the player performs actions on the control device shortly after the appearance of an on-screen prompt. It allows for limited control of the game character during cut scenes or cinematic sequences in the game"

I'm not sure why you're having difficulty distinguishing this from ths system I described in The Wticher, but it's not a QTE. This bickering over semantics is getting tiring anyway.

Edited by Zakalwe

I'm sorry, but what?

Where have i been hostile? I told my opinion to you in civil manner.

and you have said to some members here that actually gave feedback in civil manner like myself, thing that can be regarded as insults.

in my example being unambitious.

and i read your replies again, and some minor insults your replies seems like, its more childish outlash that you dont like the notion that people dont like your ideas, than insults.

I said I hope the devs have more ambition than you regarding the melee system. You said it's fine as it is, so you have no ambition to improve it. That's not an insult. I didn't once suggest you lack ambition in general.

There have been no insults on my part, minor or otherwise. And where exactly have I been childish?

The only childish part is this bickering between us both now, which we're both guilty of...

Aplogies if you've been insulted, I can assure you it wasn't my intent.

-

I would like to say also I must have mixed you up with the other users who have been rude, your conduct has been absolutley fine. If you'd look back over this thread you'll see I've been pretty much outright attacked for presenting these ideas, and all I've done is defend them.

Cheers!

Oh, and regarding melee...

Without giving away too much, new stuff is coming soon and expanding melee is exactly what we want as well.

Edited by Zakalwe