Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Acrid, Supra/ And Embolist Need Buffs.

Spellbinding

Acrid pre damage 2.0 was the strongest weapon among all weapons to grace warframe. Sadly, it did not survive the transition to damage 2.0.

Today I picked up the acrid and it's still a fun weapon to use. However a majority of people dont think this weapon is worth using anymore. It requires mastery 7 to use - the third highest mastery locked weapon. The other two weapons being Dragon Nikana and Embolist. Even Embolist is better with those new range mods for it. And well...Dragon nikana is dragon nikana. Mastery rank 6 weapons include dakra, ogris, synapse, phage, etc. Supra, Acrid, and Embolist are the only higher tier weapons that fall behind in terms of damage and viability.  

Supra has a very high reload time, horrible ammo economy, and the projectiles are slow.

Embolist and Acrid suffer from essentially the same problem - the Toxin DoT is off base damage, making Hornet Strike and Magnum Force the only things that bump this up, and even then its only doing, at most, 20 damage to higher end enemies. The poison damage should be based on the total poison damage, which includes pathogen rounds and pistol pestilence. 

Dont get me wrong, the weapon is good against level 30 enemies but it should be on par with things like the marelok thats only MR5. And I know mastery isnt indicative of how good a weapon is but it should be.

what the.. i think its fine with requiring mr 7 for acrid and its not bad and still of my favorites and everybody know that the supra is BS since release, also the embolist it has are too small range and i personally think that it isnt really strong.

Terminal velocity and Entropy Blast help the supra shine as a status gun  those are good enough Buff with out having to rework the weapon all together

The gun should not need those mods in the first place to work. It should be already usable. 

Heck if you are gonna use the Supra as a status weapon, it still needs to be accurate enough at long range.

Hell a Grakata can do that better than the Supra with a base 20% proc.

And you don't have to waste 2 slots that can be better served with other mods.

The same Terminal Velocity can be placed on the Boltor Prime as well, making it even better.

Or even the Lanka, making it nearly hit scan.

I still say a reload buff (3 seconds max), magazine size (150 rounds) AND a base projectile speed of at least 70 is the bare minimum.

Edited by fatpig84

The gun should not need those mods in the first place to work. It should be already usable. 

Heck if you are gonna use the Supra as a status weapon, it still needs to be accurate enough at long range.

Hell a Grakata can do that better than the Supra with a base 20% proc.

And you don't have to waste 2 slots that can be better served with other mods.

The same Terminal Velocity can be placed on the Boltor Prime as well, making it even better.

Or even the Lanka, making it nearly hit scan.

I still say a reload buff (3 seconds max), magazine size (150 rounds) AND a base projectile speed of at least 70 is the bare minimum.

Hell the gun is what it is and people have ben asking for buffs for it for a while now and maby they will buff it maby they will not.

People have been begging for buffs to those guns (and flux rifle and braton prime) for over a year now.

It may never happen at this point.

People have been asking because Damage 2.0 was still relatively new and fresh. Now that its been implemented for a while I can only hope for buffs. 

I think the problem is their MR requirements. Since they're unlocked at very high rank, they should be rewarding enough for players climbed up this far. Dakra prime is a good example. High requirement high performance.

I think DE is trying to buff them through the syndicate system. However, I think they need more than that

You guys are crazy. the embolist is fine for the most part. Just needs a slight range increase to make it more usable. I don't like having to practically be inside a lvl 40 corrupt gunner just to use it. Dmg wise though it will shred anything with the right elemental. Corrosive for pretty much everything but corpus, you can just roll with toxin dmg for them.

Supra could use a little bit of love but its actually a more decent weapon then people give it credit for.

I can take the thing to T4 and it performs well enough as long as its not  along survival or defense.

Supra needs a lot of touchups, mostly to be a more Unique Weapon, but keep the same style.

Embolist has terrible Ammunition Efficiency and it's Range is crap. that's the worst of it.

Acrid however, i think will be fine with the Acrid specific and generic Status Duration Mods. the amount of backloaded Damage will be off the rails.

Supra needs a lot of touchups, mostly to be a more Unique Weapon, but keep the same style.

Embolist has terrible Ammunition Efficiency and it's Range is crap. that's the worst of it.

Acrid however, i think will be fine with the Acrid specific and generic Status Duration Mods. the amount of backloaded Damage will be off the rails.

Honestly Acrid back loaded damage is kinda weak in the current meta.

In the olden damage 1.0 days, people are willing to shoot and wait out a bit for it to do the damage.

Now is the NO I MUST KILL IT NAO meta. :S

Edited by fatpig84

Anyone here tried embolist ruinous extension + Eroding blight? I personally think these were the buffs that it needs. It gives it a decent range and the huge mag size from eroding blight gives a reasonable amount of ammo to worth with.

I only sau that they should increase the total ammo capacity to 300 or 400 because it's just weird having my mag size bigger than my ammo capacity.