Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gram

Sir_Caleb

Question

I made the Gram like an hour ago, and I been trying it out. It does decent damage and attacks really slow. Can anyone give me a good build? I know the basics, like Pressure Point and Fury, but I don't know what else to put on it. Please and thank you.

14 answers to this question

Yes, I know. You are supposed to browse them and find the build that suits you the most.

He's asking for a build, not a website that does the same thing the game does.

After Pressure point and Fury I personally tend to go for combined elementals.  Corrosive (Toxin+electric) for grineer, infested, and corrupted and magnetic(cold+electric) for corpus.  You could also use Radiation (heat+electric) for grineer.  I also generally stick the other elementals on is whatever combination is left.  If you need help with the damage types look here:  http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

After that you'll still have two mod slots, I find that a Reach mod is always helpful.

Edited by xXRampantXx

He's asking for a build, not a website that does the same thing the game does.

After Pressure point and Fury I personally tend to go for combined elementals.  Corrosive (Toxin+electric) for grineer, infested, and corrupted and magnetic(cold+electric) for corpus.  You could also use Radiation (heat+electric) for grineer.  I also generally stick the other elementals on is whatever combination is left.  If you need help with the damage types look here:  http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

After that you'll still have two mod slots, I find that a Reach mod is always helpful.

Thank you. Will beserker help with getting attack speed? Combined with True Steel.

Thank you. Will beserker help with getting attack speed? Combined with True Steel.

that's a big NO

Gram has little crit chance (2% I think?) so it won't affect it much, as everyone said, build the damage 

I suggest: pressure point, fury, jagged edge, rending strike, 3 elements, buzz kill (if you have it, if you don't then get 4 element) 

Usually the first thing i do, when i lukę a Weapon is just Brainstorming ;). If I cannot find any use für or really good build i usually look after CalypsoGaming's stuff, he gives good build ideas, even if i disagree sometimes. Still if you want, go check him out, it's worth it. As well as Mogamu and PotatoPowered

with a maxed True Steel the crit chance goes up to 12% from 7.5%, with an attack speed of 1.3 Attacks/Second (Attack Speed with Max Fury according to what i've seen online base attack speed is meant to be 1 attack/second) it will take 7 seconds to hit 10 times, the just over 1 in 10 chance  possibly triggering in those hits, whether it will however is RNG but when it does crit with a max Berserker you will get that 30% attack speed boost for 24 seconds in which over 30 more attacks can be done (around 38 I believe, I may be wrong), likely triggering it again unless RNG is feeling particularly cruel. which means if you can get the initial crit for berserker in a large enough group of enemies it will be useful, however it would probably be more useful to put one some extra damage if you can as Gram being a heavy weapon isn't made for fast hits as much as other weapons but is made for bigger hits instead perhaps going for some channelling to increase you damage per swing if you want to use it as a main weapon

i.e something like this:

http://warframe-builder.com/Melee_Weapons/Builder/Gram/t_30_003030002_227-6-5-236-7-5-241-3-5-244-1-5-245-4-5-247-0-5-251-2-5-254-5-5-316-8-3_247-9-244-9-251-6-241-11-245-6-254-11-227-7-236-11-316-10/en/4-0-42

with a Potato (Orokin Catalyst) 2 - forma for 2 of the elemental mod slots and having the Stance for it maxed you could have everything Maxed within the points limit with Pressure point, Fury, 4 normal Element mods and 2 other mods whose total cost equal 18, like my example build. In the example I gave I filled that with Killing Blow and Reflex Coil, Reflex Coil to make it more efficient so you can channel for longer especially if you don't use too much energy or have a frame with a nicely large energy total and Killing blow to Increase the Damage per swing to just a bit over double what it would normally do with that mod combination by bringing the Channelling bonus from +50% to +110% Damage

Might not be the most efficient way to use the weapon, likely isn't as I haven't looked overly much into the heavy weapons, but being a heavy weapon with a relatively low crit chance (compared to some of the melee weapons that have a much more decent crit chance which are built more for speed/crit builds than a heavy weapon is i.e Dual Zoren's 25% base crit chance) you'd likely get more use and fun out of a build to increase the damage per swing (as big hits are the points of Heavy Weapons in most games) and increase your dps by bigger hits when it does swing (and smack everything over the head with a bit over 800 damage per swing before damage 2.0 weak/resist applied) than going with berserker and hoping every so often to get slightly faster attacks to increase the dps

and with where I positioned those two - Forma in my example build you could change the element combo easily enough due to 3 of the elemental mods being - polarity.

Someone more experienced with gram may come along and prove my advice to be completely useless, but until such a thing happens the information I am giving to try to assist you seems a solid concept, not saying it's the one right build or anything just that it seems a better build concept to me personally than trying to turn a heavy weapon into a faster hitting weapon, might work out for you might not depending on how you want to play with the weapon.

Edited by Orochi259

with a maxed True Steel the crit chance goes up to 12% from 7.5%, with an attack speed of 1.3 Attacks/Second (Attack Speed with Max Fury according to what i've seen online base attack speed is meant to be 1 attack/second) it will take 7 seconds to hit 10 times, the just over 1 in 10 chance  possibly triggering in those hits, whether it will however is RNG but when it does crit with a max Berserker you will get that 30% attack speed boost for 24 seconds in which over 30 more attacks can be done (around 38 I believe, I may be wrong), likely triggering it again unless RNG is feeling particularly cruel. which means if you can get the initial crit for berserker in a large enough group of enemies it will be useful, however it would probably be more useful to put one some extra damage if you can as Gram being a heavy weapon isn't made for fast hits as much as other weapons but is made for bigger hits instead perhaps going for some channelling to increase you damage per swing if you want to use it as a main weapon

i.e something like this:

http://warframe-builder.com/Melee_Weapons/Builder/Gram/t_30_003030002_227-6-5-236-7-5-241-3-5-244-1-5-245-4-5-247-0-5-251-2-5-254-5-5-316-8-3_247-9-244-9-251-6-241-11-245-6-254-11-227-7-236-11-316-10/en/4-0-42

with a Potato (Orokin Catalyst) 2 - forma for 2 of the elemental mod slots and having the Stance for it maxed you could have everything Maxed within the points limit with Pressure point, Fury, 4 normal Element mods and 2 other mods whose total cost equal 18, like my example build. In the example I gave I filled that with Killing Blow and Reflex Coil, Reflex Coil to make it more efficient so you can channel for longer especially if you don't use too much energy or have a frame with a nicely large energy total and Killing blow to Increase the Damage per swing to just a bit over double what it would normally do with that mod combination by bringing the Channelling bonus from +50% to +110% Damage

Might not be the most efficient way to use the weapon, likely isn't as I haven't looked overly much into the heavy weapons, but being a heavy weapon with a relatively low crit chance (compared to some of the melee weapons that have a much more decent crit chance which are built more for speed/crit builds than a heavy weapon is i.e Dual Zoren's 25% base crit chance) you'd likely get more use and fun out of a build to increase the damage per swing (as big hits are the points of Heavy Weapons in most games) and increase your dps by bigger hits when it does swing (and smack everything over the head with a bit over 800 damage per swing before damage 2.0 weak/resist applied) than going with berserker and hoping every so often to get slightly faster attacks to increase the dps

and with where I positioned those two - Forma in my example build you could change the element combo easily enough due to 3 of the elemental mods being - polarity.

Someone more experienced with gram may come along and prove my advice to be completely useless, but until such a thing happens the information I am giving to try to assist you seems a solid concept, not saying it's the one right build or anything just that it seems a better build concept to me personally than trying to turn a heavy weapon into a faster hitting weapon, might work out for you might not depending on how you want to play with the weapon.

Thank you so much, I'm working on building this build now.

that's a big NO

Gram has little crit chance (2% I think?) so it won't affect it much, as everyone said, build the damage 

I suggest: pressure point, fury, jagged edge, rending strike, 3 elements, buzz kill (if you have it, if you don't then get 4 element) 

Gram has 15% crit chance as of U 15.1