Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elemental Modding

Doom_Bunny

Today while fiddling with mods, I was trying to make two elements (corrosive and viral) go on one gun. The problem is that the similar element (poison) is adding to the already made viral element.

ozeQAsc.jpg

So my solution is that putting a mod between the already made viral element and the next element(s). This would prevent the next element(s) from adding to the already made viral element. The down side of this would be that you lose the extra damage put on by the similar element.

0U3R8t9.jpg

Polarity swapping would become some what more useful as placement would matter. Simply removing the mod in the gap would revert the changes.

EDIT: Having the excat same elements (viral, gap ,viral) would just add together.

Edited by Postal_pat

The combined elements as they are currently have some sort of balance.

If the change you suggested were made, it would make balancing elements a simple 'X is better' matter, whereas there is a lot of tradeoff in the current system.

Also, where would innate elements factor in?

Innate elements would be the same as suggested. Putting a non-elemental mod in the first slot will act as a gap.

Hardly any tradeoffs are lost if this was implemented. I don't see it becoming simple as "X is better" as enemies are very specific as to which element hurts them. Taking what I have here I wouldn't do so good against Corpus or Infested, the added tradeoff of the lose of damage would also impact my performance.

I've always wanted to customize element damage type. But balance is always a problem. Players are going to get stronger.

Builds you''ll most likely to see:

Against Corrupted: corrosive + heat + cold instead of corrosive + blast for more damage

Against Corpus: magnetic + toxin + fire instead of magnetic + gas for more damage

​This might need further discussion since 8 weapon mod slots can prevent certain builds.

But on the good side, this makes status build more interesting. Because it offers more choice.

Edited by yles9056