Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Radio: We Should Be Able To Disable This

Hotshot0507

Why does the ship have a radio/transmision in the ship? Its not playing music, its just playing the same old things over and over. I am sick and tired of hearing it. It's annoying after the 10th time, and stressful after the 50th time. After the 100th time hearing the same thing you start losing your mind.

You even hear it when you look at the solar system map....

Enough is enough. Can driving players crazy by playing the exact same few transmissions really be an intended feature? I am not sure if this should be in teh bug section, feedback section of ddiscussion section...

It seems to punish those people who play a lot.

Why does the ship have a radio/transmision in the ship? Its not playing music, its just playing the same old things over and over. I am sick and tired of hearing it. It's annoying after the 10th time, and stressful after the 50th time. After the 100th time hearing the same thing you start losing your mind.

You even hear it when you look at the solar system map....

Enough is enough. Can driving players crazy by playing the exact same few transmissions really be an intended feature? I am not sure if this should be in teh bug section, feedback section of ddiscussion section...

It seems to punish those people who play a lot.

Well I agree but they're also coming out with new voices, IE the Contest they're holding, But yea they allow us to make Odis stfu why not the radio?

• 1 month later...

I am so sick of both of them. I was glad I was able to save some sanity by muting Ordis... But sometimes Odis will introduce something new (like in an inbox) so he will be muted even when he is saying something you want to hear....

But radio.... man.... Its so pointless.

If Ordis and the radio had about 100 more things to say each, they'd be way less annoying.

+1. My most commonly uttered phrase is "SHUT UP, ORDIS!!!"

And just muting him doesn't solve the problem. His stupid face and text box gets in the way of what I'm trying to do in the arsenal, so I gotta wait for him to do his stupid canned dialogue thing for 5 or 6 seconds, fade out, and then go back to what I was doing.

I kinda like the radio myself, it's background noise really adds to the environment, feels more like i'm on a ship. But, the more options the merrier

Ordis on the other hand is annoying, repeating the same lines while you're on the liset with a full popup

So, i say a radio volume slider (with 0 turning it off completely) should be pretty simple to do, and it'd be great to have a button to remove ordis's idle banter (leaving his notification clips and such) as well as off completely

ooh, anyone else wanna change the radio station and play holiday music? c:

• 4 weeks later...

I kinda like the radio myself, it's background noise really adds to the environment, feels more like i'm on a ship. But, the more options the merrier

Ordis on the other hand is annoying, repeating the same lines while you're on the liset with a full popup

So, i say a radio volume slider (with 0 turning it off completely) should be pretty simple to do, and it'd be great to have a button to remove ordis's idle banter (leaving his notification clips and such) as well as off completely

ooh, anyone else wanna change the radio station and play holiday music? c:

I think the idea was good at first, but in practise its a miserable failure. The radio says the same things, it repeats the same message. I am so sick of that guys voice it makes me boil with rage. 

Its like with TV commericials, the first 10 times you see it its 'meh', but by the 100th or 200th times you seen the same commercial you are ready to strangle someone.

For me the radio is as annoying as a tv commercial.

If you could either mute the radio, or even pick how many times a message repeats itself (like lets say 3 times max) then anytime the radio would come on id at least be semi-interested.

• 1 month later...

I don't think DE knows how annoying this radio is, do they even play their own game?

I have over 500 hours played, and lets assume I hear that annoying voice 5-10 times per hour, that means ive heard that same annoying voice between 2500-5000 times. Always annoying me when I am trying to focus on something (chat, star system, market, etc)

Enough is enough.

PLEASE!

For the love of whatever you find holy DE!

LET ME TUNE IN TO THE 80'S CHANNEL!

Never gonna give you up.

Grineer got Skoom-rolled.

If Ordis and the radio had about 100 more things to say each, they'd be way less annoying.

Yeah I don't get it. I know they are bussy with game, but audio is part of the game. And they do all voices by themselves, why can't they spend one-two days recording some random stuff and adding it to the game. Would it really hurt them to add some audio flavour.

Edited by Xaturas

Turn down the volume...?

No really.

Don't know if that was directed at me.... But sadly Ive gotten to the point where I often mute the volumn between games, but its such a pain to do this all the time (just do it for one day, and you will see what I mean). Doing it is so senseless and part of the reason why this problem bothers me so much. A simple fix that makes everyone happy could be implemented (a volume control).

Don't know if that was directed at me.... But sadly Ive gotten to the point where I often mute the volumn between games, but its such a pain to do this all the time (just do it for one day, and you will see what I mean). Doing it is so senseless and part of the reason why this problem bothers me so much. A simple fix that makes everyone happy could be implemented (a volume control).

As somebody who wears a headset with a volume dial, I can't say changing the volume has ever been a chore for me.