Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Radio: We Should Be Able To Disable This

Hotshot0507

I think adding music would be nice. A way to make the dull ship setting better.

But in the meantime I think just saving our sanity and giving us a mute/volume control would be enough.

As for this thread being moved, is that code for "lol, now DE won't ever read this in this section", or does DE ever read and/or respond to these?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm going to chime in on the sound of the radio needing to be able to be turned off. Even if some people like it, that is not a reason for us to be UNABLE to turn it off. Those that don't like it should be able to. The problem comes when I am in the starship map, and I am patiently waiting for my friend to join squad. If I walk away from the starmap, their join attempt will fail. So I have no choice but to sit there listening to the same grineer troopers abuse immigrants.

There's not even a corpus broadcast for corpus worlds. Always the grineer. Everywhere.

Yes, it's creative. Yes, it's cool. However I have 500+ hours on this game and sometimes I want the sound, but sometimes I DO NOT. It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't ALWAYS play during the starmap menu. Please, let us turn it off in the option. It's a cool bit of immersion into the abuse and military violence of the grineer, but we should still be allowed to turn it off if we choose.

I love the sounds of the foundry, the barking and happy-noises of my Kubrow. Even the grineer radio is funny sometimes, but sometimes it's not. I don't want to have to turn off all sounds to get away from it.

I mean it's a radio, I'm sure it has an off switch. If you wanted to be clever about it, DE, you could always, ya know... add a quest to enable turning it off. xD Maybe the off switch is broken, and Ordis doesn't know how to turn it off, and you galavant halfway around the star system to find something to turn it off with. Whatever the case, just let me shut it up once in a while.

Do note that turning off/down the "speech" slider in the audio settings will get rid of it. That also gets rid of the Infested growls and enemy speech, but it's a small price to pay. A really, really small price when compared to the reward.

My sounds settings most times has Warframe really low, with music the highest. This means I can use VOIP or whatever music without being disturbed by WF sound, or I can turn my volume up and get into the WF environment - mostly the music though. Dat void music....

Do note that turning off/down the "speech" slider in the audio settings will get rid of it. That also gets rid of the Infested growls and enemy speech, but it's a small price to pay. A really, really small price when compared to the reward.

My sounds settings most times has Warframe really low, with music the highest. This means I can use VOIP or whatever music without being disturbed by WF sound, or I can turn my volume up and get into the WF environment - mostly the music though. Dat void music....

Yes I found that out about a week ago. I just came here to post it.

I find it funny I made this thread in November 2014 and not once has DE commented on this issue or even bothered to post the workaround....

Do they really have this much discontent for us? Or perhaps they simple they never read any of these post....

Edited by Hotshot0507