Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition To Change "ninjas Play Free" To "knights Play Free"

Mak_Gohae

No. Not really. Until wall-running and other such acrobatics become more closely associated with medieval knights rather than ninja this thread will remain utterly stupid. There's just nothing knight-y about Tenno while there is plenty ninja-y stuff about them.

Well, I guess Broberon's breastplate/tabard would count.

No. Not really. Until wall-running and other such acrobatics become more closely associated with medieval knights rather than ninja this thread will remain utterly stupid. There's just nothing knight-y about Tenno while there is plenty ninja-y stuff about them.

Well, I guess Broberon's breastplate/tabard would count.

Good thing wall-running and the like aren't actually something ninja did. Fiction=/=truth. If your argument ends up being 'well this is fiction so...' then that can apply the the knights too which completely undermines your argument. Almost everything about the Tenno is reminiscent of knights. Their armor, their silhouettes, their cosmetics, and the fact that they're far from stealthy all supports them being fictional knights rather than fictional ninja. Hilariously enough, most tropes for ninja apply equally to knights and vice versa.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

I obviously mean the sterotype, non-factual ninja. The ones of movies and vidja games. The Tenno have a lot of similarities to those ninja, and almost none to medieval knights - whether factual or fictional. We build dojos; not castles. The culture of the Tenno is Eastern/Asian in flavour; not European. If anything the debate should be ninja vs. samurai instead.

This thread is, and will always remain, stupid.

I obviously mean the sterotype, non-factual ninja. The ones of movies and vidja games. The Tenno have a lot of similarities to those ninja, and almost none to medieval knights - whether factual or fictional. We build dojos; not castles. The culture of the Tenno is Eastern/Asian in flavour; not European. If anything the debate should be ninja vs. samurai instead.

This thread is, and will always remain, stupid.

Our dojos are sci-fi castles. The culture of the Tenno is largely unknown with the main thing that we know being that we are armor wearing warriors that serve a single figurehead of sorts. The 'Asian' elements are little more than accents, nothing major. Actually the argument should be Samurai vs. Knights, ninja are completely off. 

... yeah right. The Asian/Eastern influences on Tenno culture are "nothing major". You're so obviously deluded that there is no point in me pointing out the obvious flaws in your stupid argument anymore.

Thread is stupid.

Your argument is stupid.

I'm out.

... yeah right. The Asian/Eastern influences on Tenno culture are "nothing major". You're so obviously deluded that there is no point in me pointing out the obvious flaws in your stupid argument anymore.

Thread is stupid.

Your argument is stupid.

I'm out.

Please, feel free to explain how I'm wrong. But everything I've seen that is Asian is purely superficial, nothing major. Insult me once you've proven yourself correct.

Love it when people argue the minutiae of something that is undefined anyway.

I think we do share elements of both (ninjas didn't have armor suits; but we are agile and mobile, yadda yadda, things can be said on both sides).

But I'm looking forward to improvements in the movement system that will enable us to be even more agile and ninja-ey.  It's not bad atm (and better than a lot of games) but it's still a tad clunky and odd here and there, if the aim is to represent the perfection of agility and mobility.

Mercenaries play free.

But it doesnt change the fact that the general feel of the game is still futuristic with a dash of asian as the secondary art direction. (names and weapons are a recurring thing).

So Ninjas play free still matches...also...knights don't freakin run up walls.

Edited by Shehriazad

Mercenaries play free.

But it doesnt change the fact that the general feel of the game is still futuristic with a dash of asian as the secondary art direction. (names and weapons are a recurring thing).

So Ninjas play free still matches...also...knights don't freakin run up walls.

I agree with Mercenaries play free.

Some names are pulled from European culture (the Galatine being an example) so knights play free is just as correct.

Neither do Ninja.

I agree with Mercenaries play free.

Some names are pulled from European culture (the Galatine being an example) so knights play free is just as correct.

Neither do Ninja.

I'd disagree knights being just as correct as ninja on describing Warframe.. It's not even close unless there are knights reference more than ninjas.

i dont really think,we have much that fits the "knight" role,maybe oberon could be termed a paladin,but even that is pie in the sky

im working on a crude idea i had for a warframe,but even the idea i got couldnt be classified as a knight,mainly cause it was a proto warframe,tossed into the void with a normal orokin inside it, (and hence with no tenno powerplant in there,the void had its say and play,inmbuing it with void energy)

Knights don`t wall-run, jump or slide or even sneak out. We don`t have shiney armours just some ruberry (yea it looks like rubber to me) suits.

Let this game how it is. Don`t spoil it into something that doesn`t fit him!!!

Ninja didn't wall-run. Why wouldn't knights be capable of jumping? And they could definitely slide. If you don't think we have shiny armor, you either don't have a prime frame, don't have cosmetics, or both. Our silhouettes are much too bulky to be reminiscent of ninja.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

Go through and look at item names, many of them come from European legends and mythology (Gram being Norse)

Don't really care how it's ninjas play free or knights play free tbh. It's pretty pointless lol the devs decided ninjas and we do have ninja traits in game, although the proportion definitely lessened on ninja side. Why bother discuss changing? Rather silly to actually change wouldn't it lol

Ninja didn't wall-run. Why wouldn't knights be capable of jumping? And they could definitely slide. If you don't think we have shiny armor, you either don't have a prime frame, don't have cosmetics, or both. Our silhouettes are much too bulky to be reminiscent of ninja.

Who said ninjas didn`t wall-run? In games they can, maybe not in real life.

I have more primes that you even imagine and yes I do have cosmetics even if they aren`t too many. Not the cosmetics are important here. This thread is about the "knights/ninjas play free" not about the cosmetics. I didn`t refeer towards the cosmetics in my posts in this thread!!!

But you can compare a prime with an iron armour:

armor.jpg

The only prime that it has a shiney skin due to his power is Rhino prime, the rest of primes have golden lines or golden parts of their body.

Edited by Karela2

As ninjas also don't. Knights or ninjas don't even matter, it's sci-fi genre third person shooter. Who cares.

I care and tons of players who thinks like me and even [DE], why not?

I just hate this way of thinking, "who cares?" like we should destroy/spoil everything because in the end nobody cares.

Edited by Karela2

I care and tons of players who thinks like me and even [DE], why not?I just hate this way of thinking, "who cares?" like we should destroy/spoil everything because in the end nobody cares.

The way game developed already moved on far from ninjas already. The weapons weren't ninjas at all, a lot of things don't match. And I can care less about how the short phrase to describe Warframe. Because the way the game is going fits neither ninja nor knights. It shouldn't have been ninja in the first place in general and at this point I don't care now because the theme's become too vague. Third person shooter coop. I'm fine with it.