Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thank You De, Thank You A Lot!

Sebastianx

Thank you for the physics changes in this hotfix, I don't know what you did, but kill animations finally feel right!

Oh how I missed this after they've been toned down in U8, now I shoot someone in the leg with my Marelok and his leg blows off, I shoot someone in the torso and he gets cut in half, I shoot someone in the arm and it blows clean off.

Tried it with my ScindoP and it does the same, hits around torso level cut them horizontally in half while slam attacks from above cut them vertically in half.

And not to mention Flux, do a 360 spin and there's only half bodies everywhere, no more shooting people in the face and their leg blows off! (well not always, It's not 100% accurate, but it sure as hell isn't the randomness that was before)

Still, too bad we can't get the actual U8 physics back :C where if I'd just jump in a group of infested with my orthos and started slashing, body parts would fly left and right in the room, meters away, if I would deal a killing blow with my fragor the body would fly into oblivion...so satisfying.

But still, good job, I now actually use my weapons just because they feel right (well some do anyway, some really lack the visual impact, like come on, I hit someone in the face with a rocket hammer, why isn't he or his head flying across the room?)

Edited by Sebastianx

This is new?

Well, I remember yesterday playing with my Marelok and shooting stuff, people just fainted when they got shot, falling down as if they had a heart attack, but now, 98% of times I shoot them in the torso, they get cut in half, or in the leg, it blows off, etc.

Woah woah woah Gore 1.0 is back?!! :D

Sadly no :( but it's still an improvement compared to what we had from U9 till yesterday.

Edited by Sebastianx

Well, I remember yesterday playing with my Marelok and shooting stuff, people just fainted when they got shot, falling down as if they had a heart attack, 98% of times I shoot them in the torso, they get cut in half, or in the leg, it blows off, etc.

Your post just confused me because how you describe it is how it's been for me since October 2013.

Your post just confused me because how you describe it is how it's been for me since October 2013.

Yep since they toned it down, till yesterday they usually just fainted, but SOMETIMES got cut in half by random things that didn't make sense, like getting shot in the leg with a sniper they would get cut in half...but NOW since today's hotfix where I shoot them, that's where they get impacted, it's more accurate and it happens more often, WAY more often, I just played a mission on Mars and decided to go shoot every corpus in the torso, and every shot but 2, cut them in half, and those 2 shots that didn't cut them in half, left those giant bullet holes animation in their torso.