Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Very Open Ic] Location: Mars

SnaleKing

"Well, the Ara tower doesn't dock with vessels, the only hangers are for support crew or supplies entering and exiting." A few moments passed, and a ping alerted Evangeline of a set of coordinates beamed to her. "Go ahead and wait here, and I've cleared any shuttle to approach and dock with your vessel. In respect of your client's anonymity, they won't be required to transmit security codes to approach your vessel, and any goods you exchange must only be recorded on your transport visa as 'private,' and their mass and volume."

-Snip-

"Thank you very much." Evangeline said nicely, heading to the coordinates and waiting, though it wasn't long until the shuttle arrived, docking to her ship as planned, a conveyor belt documenting, weighing, and doing the various other measurements as it passed each crate from one ship to the other, several holographic screens appearing as she was hailed by twelve people at once.

"A very interesting blueprint for a prosthetic arm, how exactly did you procure it?" One asked,

"These specimens are in excellent condition, the currency will soon be sent to you," another said,

"These decorations will go nicely in both my Orokin museum and home. Where did you come across it?"

"Those light fixtures are spectacular, can I ask when you can find more?"

"In which tower did you find these corrupted masks? I could do with more of the same."

"These neural sentry blueprints are, foggy to say the least, but they check out."

"It's not enough."

Evangeline spoke to each in turn, dismissing them after giving them an answer. Choking on the words of the last one, the one who hadn't hailed her, but was actually on her ship. She looked at him,

"I met the quota,"

"The quota has been raised."

"You can't do that."

"Can't I?" The figure asked,

"I don't have anything else, I'll have to look for more, I just need more time!"

"You need what your son doesn't have, how hilarious, of course, there is one thing you've never given away."

"Not that, it can't be yours."

"Then I'm afraid the same applies to your son."

"Why? Why don't you just help me? I've been loyal, and if I give you that we will be hunted." She said, tears forming on her face, and the figure stopped, thinking,

"Fine, I can give you a loan, with a relatively modest interest rate, but just because we're friends. Don't make it in time with the right amount, and you won't have a son to worry about." The figure chuckled, leaving the ship.

Once the figure had left, taken off, Evangeline fell to her knees, burying her head in her hands, glad she'd been able to hold it in until her client had left, not knowing that he sadistically delighting in her misery, a camera zooming and changing it's focus as it watched from the roof.

Edited by ultimatumcore

Character: Zaira Vitai.

Zaira Vitai sat by the desk in her office, carefully reading a bunch of files on different people who had applied for the position of caretaker of the rail. She knew that her position here was temporary, and that was how she wanted it. But this rail had taken a lot of time and work to get the Grineer to turn over to the Corpus again and she'd be damned if it was handed to someone incompetent.

It had been the main reason to why she was even here. She wanted to personally oversee the overtaking and instalments of all Corpus security and software. It was now getting close to be finished and she still hadn't found a single candidate she trusted with handling the responsibility of actually running the damn thing.

one file caught her eye and she quickly skimmed through it only to have it destroyed a moment later. 'Another one with connections to Mara Q' she thought with a sigh. Maybe it was time for a break. Zaira then stopped what she was doing and leaned back in her chair and looked out the window into the vastness of space. 'Some coffee would be nice

The wind had kicked up in the time he had knelt by the rock formation. Dust blasted in to him even his sentinel was having difficulty staying in position, he would have to find new cover until the storm blew past.

Creeping around the rocks he spied a shadowy shape far ahead. Too big to be a vehicle, but too small for anything bigger than a hovel. Elorrick moved smooth and fast, hardly kicking up a trail not that it mattered in this storm. 

The shadow took on a more defined shape and was bigger than he had suspected. For a moment the wind dropped and a large abandoned cargo container loomed ahead of him. Discarded, obviously too expensive to recover. The Corpus would have done the numbers before consigning it to its doom, still as a temporary shelter it would serve. 

The last 50m he took at a sprint. Activating the power of speed he crossed the open space in next to no time. Sliding to a stop next to the container his Sentinel closed in and then *zink*  they were invisible. Instantly on guard Elorrick swapped his Attica for the Skana at close range it would serve him better. Now in full stealth mode he creeped to the door that was broken and ajar. The gap was just big enough to allow his Tenno frame entry. The sentinel on the other hand would have to stay, this would soon render him visible. 

Elorrick took a deep breath (some habits were never left, no mater how old you became) and stormed in............

Maludas Exio

Entrance to the Vallis Incarceration Facility

The lone mercenary stood outside the entrance to Vallis. Any outsider would have thought he was a Corpus Elite, but he held no sympathy for that race. He had lost that long ago. Once, Maludas was the captain of a Ranger squadron. He and his crew were generally only called in to quell extended Tenno excursions, and they usually succeeded. One day though, he stood over a fallen and dying Tenno, withering in a shredded Excalibur warframe, he was given the order to kill it and bring it to Alad V's laboratory for research. It had been running when he shot it down. In that moment, he only saw the Corpus as a greedy group of merchants, lead by Alad V, the greediest pig of them all. From that point on, he became a lone operative. He feigned death and became a mercenary. He usually avoided the Tenno, as they were more the shoot first kind of warriors. So he worked alone, sabotaging Corpus supply lines, freeing free thinkers. After ensuring his jetpack was fully energized, he did some final checks on his Opticor and Detron cannons, unsheathed his Plasma Blade, and broke the vent. He didn't have a specific objective, other than to kill as many corrupt Corpus as possible, and free the innocents.

After his last attempt to destroy the facility, security had been greatly increased. The front entrance has beefed up security, and is virtually unassailable for a one man team, so the only viable entrance is the vents. Maludas clumsily shuffled through the vents, greatly weighed down by his gear, before finally dropping into an empty maintenance room. He quietly walked to the nearest access panel, and used his security credentials (They had neglected to remove his entrance privileges as captain, so his login was still working) to hijack the locator system for all the Crewmen and Wardens in the holding facility. He downloaded this info onto a spare mapping module, and got to work. 

The wind had kicked up in the time he had knelt by the rock formation. Dust blasted in to him even his sentinel was having difficulty staying in position, he would have to find new cover until the storm blew past.

Creeping around the rocks he spied a shadowy shape far ahead. Too big to be a vehicle, but too small for anything bigger than a hovel. Elorrick moved smooth and fast, hardly kicking up a trail not that it mattered in this storm. 

The shadow took on a more defined shape and was bigger than he had suspected. For a moment the wind dropped and a large abandoned cargo container loomed ahead of him. Discarded, obviously too expensive to recover. The Corpus would have done the numbers before consigning it to its doom, still as a temporary shelter it would serve. 

The last 50m he took at a sprint. Activating the power of speed he crossed the open space in next to no time. Sliding to a stop next to the container his Sentinel closed in and then *zink*  they were invisible. Instantly on guard Elorrick swapped his Attica for the Skana at close range it would serve him better. Now in full stealth mode he creeped to the door that was broken and ajar. The gap was just big enough to allow his Tenno frame entry. The sentinel on the other hand would have to stay, this would soon render him visible. 

Elorrick took a deep breath (some habits were never left, no mater how old you became) and stormed in............

Character: Dustil Lainen

A force field erupted into being, triggered by the motion detector of his custom Wall Osprey and blocking the intruder from further entry into the container. The rebel within flipped around, clumsily snatching up his wrench in one hand and a spanner in the other. He couldn't see what had come, but he was now aware of its presence after his drone had helpfully alerted him to it.

"I know you're there." he spoke to thin air. "Show yourself."

The contact was not what he had expeted. Clone! Young, mid - late twenties top.

The force field had cut in the moment he'd move two paces in, now it hung in front of him separating him from his target. He could short it out, but why would he. This clone was not a combat trooper, there would be no honour in his death.

It spoke."I know you're there. Show yourself!" His voice trembled. Slight but there. He brandished makeshift weapons. But he was clever. Elorrick found that interesting in a clone.

Lowering his blade he pulsed to his sentinel deactivating its stealth properties.

Standing to his full height the Tenno's cloak dissipated. Elorrick sentinel moved in all need for stealth gone, the wirr_click of its shotgun spoke of the poised tension in the air.

"You are not Stalk! You are not Tenno! Give me a reason to let you live."

Edited by Elorrick

"Let me live? Funny." the rebel replied, taking in the Tenno's appearance as he surveyed him head to toe. Against his better judgement, he motioned to the wall Osprey lying on the floor, and the force field was dissipated with a feeble whizzing noise. His wrench and spanner went back into his utility belt, and his shoulders slackened as he continued.

"Indeed I am not Stork. Still awaiting a reply from her." he told him. "Since you have her name, I assume we're all in on the same plan for Silvanus."

He may have removed the barrier, but resounding clicking and beeping noises within the container hinted that the rebel was not defenseless. Active Latcher robotics and Nervos Mines on the walls promised a messy grid of nasty electrical shocks if the Tenno made a move against their master. He slumped back into a crouch in the corner of the container and tilted his head back, seemingly in boredom.

"Name's Dustil. Of Sedna. No longer affiliated with the Grineer, if that much wasn't obvious enough."

"Name's Dustil. Of Sedna. No longer affiliated with the Grineer, if that much wasn't obvious enough."

It had a name. Not something he had thought to ask one of them before, not when you are drawing a blade across a throat. Still this one had spoken to Stalk. Had he been the planet born transmission too weak to hear?

Relocating his blade to his back. Then taking a non-threatning stance (if that is possible for a Tenno) and spoke.

"I am Elorrick. And yes I guess if we are both waiting for Stalk then there would be no harm in deactivating those trinkets of yours" he indicated the Nervo Mines. "Be nice if i can sit"

Within his armour he smiled. This one would do.

Some part of Dustil may have been a Tenno fanboy, but survival had taught him this much about being too trusting. He left the Mines by his side on, and deactivated the rest with a press of a button on his wrist. He then motioned to the Volt to sit where there was room.

"Well, guess we'll be here until the lady Stork contacts us again." he said to Elorrick. "I'm wired to the communication module of a crashed Liset not far from here, hopefully she'd still be broadcasting on the same frequency."

With his head back and pale face hidden behind a jaw mask, Dustil seemed to be relaxing, but he was actually going over every detail of the Volt's appearance, from his odd-looking tunic to the coils around his arm. 

Elorrick could have laughed. Dispite his better judgement he like this kid. Noteing how he had deactivated only enough mines to give the illusion of saftey. Curious how the kid had survived so long he took in a closer scan of the area... impressive this kids brain must be like a CPU with all the hardware rigged to him.

Battle hardend, the Volt frame looked as if he was slouched against the wall and combat inifective with half his hardware agaist the metal. But he was the weapon! He was still fully powered after his last mission only thing he needed was somthing fix the rent in his armour. In the half light of the container he covered it with his arm.

The sentinel reported with a pulse. The news was not the best.

Elorrick looked at his companion.

"Wind has changed direction. Chances are it will start to blow the dust in. If your happy we can just sit it out. Or if you'd rather, we can try to close the door?"

He cocked his head. "Im sealed in but it might flay the skin from your bones! Your choice"

Edited by Elorrick

With a whooshing noise like an ancient umbrella opening, the force field blocking the entrance to the storage container erupted into being once more, keeping the storm out and the oxygen-deficient air in. Dustil glanced down at the Ferrite-woven cloak that he wore over his armoured jumpsuit and smirked.

"I could have just wrapped myself up nice and cozy in this, though not being half-buried in red dust sounds better." he replied. With enough life support to last hours and a handful of compressed combat rations, it was possible for him to wait out the storm if he wished. But he wasn't in the mood to deal with boredom. Whoever and wherever that Stork person was, he hoped that she would contact them again soon.