Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Very Open Ic] Location: Mars

SnaleKing

locationmars_by_snaleking-d85fzuy.png

Welcome to Mars!

This is an open thread, with no storyline besides what you bring and create. That said, a lack of plot does not necessitate a lack of guidance, both IC and OOC.

As with all threads, follow the general forum RP rules. I will warn anyone who breaks these, and take action on a case-for-case basis.

Note that this thread uses the more accurate, real-life version of Mars; it’s rocky, arid, and all but airless, not the frozen-over planet portrayed in in-game missions.

Each node has been fleshed out and defined into a full location, and a character will either be at one of these locations, the desolate martian wastes between them, or orbital space. When you write any post, please start the post by briefly listing the character’s name, and their location, to make it easier to keep track of where everyone is. For even better clarity, it'd be fantastic if you even specified where in the area of the node you are: like, "outskirts of Ares," or "deep within Tharsis site 7."

When your character moves from one location to another, please write that into your post! Remember to have them walk back to their liset or other transportation, as most of the locations are hundreds of miles apart; you’ll be walking for a long time! Also, don’t instantly arrive at your location; wait for a few other people to post, so the travel time isn’t instantaneous.

You’re free to write and assume the actions of minor NPC’s, like crewmen and moas. However, keep in mind that non-military individuals, like those running the excavation sites, will likely flee in terror at the sight of Tenno, rather than pick up a prova and start swinging.

Concerning character survivability; Tenno being Tenno, it’ll take a lot to put you down. Rank and file crewmen and moas are a non-issue, though swarms of them, or elite units, may be able to torrent you down. In your Liset, however, you won’t be able to power through the best the Corpus fleet has to throw at you.

IF YOU WANT TO KILL/MAIM ANOTHER OC, OR WHAT MIGHT BE AN IMPORTANT CHARACTER: please PM the writer of that character first, and work out the details. For named NPC’s, ask me first.

PM me first if you want to have a character go to any of the following locations, so I can DM the encounter properly: Any solar rail (Gradivus, Quirinus, Kadesh) Wahiba, Martialis, Ares, Hellas, Tharsis, Olympus, War, Vallis, or Alator. This isn’t to say you can’t, I’d love to see it, just let me know first so I can make sure everything runs smoothly.

For the other locations, I trust people’s discretion.

If I have an issue with how someone is writing their character, encounter, or area, or with how they’re treating other OC’s or writers, I will ask them to cease the behavior, or leave. It probably won’t come to that, but consider yourself warned.

There's an OOC thread, don't forget to check it frequently, and always before posting!

Without further ado, here's the list of nodes, and some maps to make things easier. For variety and realism, I've taken some liberties with the in-game representations, but each node's role is still related to what mission Tenno usually perform there. For example, Augustus is an Interception mission, so it's an orbital signal relay.

Orbital Locations:

Gradivus Solar Rail; manages the extensive trade with the Grineer homeworld. Heavily defended from Grineer assault, or Tenno sabotage. Access to the rail is strictly monitored, and it is either launching a ship or preparing for the next 24/7.

Quirinus Solar Rail: Accesses different asteroids and Jupiter as their orbits line up. Home to Corpus diplomat Zaira Vitai, and her Tenno security consultant, Ornitier. Thanks to the Volt’s insight, security is deviously complex and sophisticated, attuned to detect and destroy even evasive Tenno craft like few others.

Arval Defense Fleet: Defends orbital installations, using capital ship’s firepower against naval threats, and boarding parties to respond to Tenno assaults.

Ara Cargo Tower: Orbital space station which manages the movements of cargo craft. While the station itself has few resources and a minimal crew, it is often surrounded by loaded-down cargo vessels waiting for destinations.

Augustus Relay Station: Orbital station that manages communication to Earth, Phobos, Jupiter, and the Martian surface installations. All secure diplomatic, military, and economic transmissions are boosted through this station.

Wahiba Convoy: A group of large, heavily Infested Corpus cargo freighters. Abandoned by the Corpus, Tenno efforts to clear the Infestation for the valuable resources aboard are ongoing. Tenno freelance work to help clear the Infestation is welcome, but the Lotus holds a tax on all resources obtained.

Kadesh Solar Rail: Tenno-controlled solar rail, currently inoperative due to two Tenno clans warring for its possession. Either will pay freelancing Tenno to help drive out their rival.

Syrtis Operations: Not so much a specific location, as much a series of ongoing raids on the Corpus satellite network over Mars. Tenno sabotage and disrupt GPS, weather, and spy satellites in the Corpus network, using the new Archwings. Corpus countermeasures are currently in their early stages, but ramping up in efficiency and severity.

Surface Locations:

Spear Spaceport: The largest spaceport on the surface, a staging point for shipments and assaults headed for Earth. The sprawling flatness of the geography makes it easy for even massive Corpus cargo freighters to land directly on the ground to be loaded up, saving the expense of hundreds of shuttle flights. Purpose built tug ships assist the descent and liftoff of the ungainly vessels.

Ultor Defense Base: A sizable military base within decent distance of Spear, allowing a comparatively fast response time to events. Scramjets ferry rapid-response teams, while slower hovercraft carry the bulk of the force.

Martialis Logistics Center: Hidden logistics and distribution center, with extensive server stacks. Contains highly sensitive information of transactions, diplomatic exchanges, and transport of salvaged Orokin relics. The entire facility is totally underground, except a few cleverly hidden entrances and transmission antennae.

Ares Research Station: Highly confidential, the best and brightest anthropologists, archaeologists, archivists, and archaotechs work on unravelling the Orokin’s most intimate secrets. Only partially underground, since the remote location is usually secretive enough. Near the Hellas Basin.

Hellas Basin: Numerous excavation sites, numbered 1-9, dot this lowland. These sites contain far rarer material and information than the Tharsis highlands, but since it’s of a more cultural and economic, rather than military nature, they’re usually less valued by those outside the Corpus.

Silvanus Defense Base: Located between the Spear spaceport and the Hellas excavation sites, able to defend either with reasonable speed as need be. Mainly uses robotics, as they’re cheaper to keep on standby than organic troops.

Tharsis Highlands: Excavation sites 1-13 pepper the highest ground on Mars, extracting some of the most valuable Orokin relics and salvage in the system. Forma and Morphic scrap is a common find, and are sent to the Arcadia facility. Rarer finds, like intact technology and Prime weapon fragments, are sent to more secure locations. The primary excavation management facility for this region is located in Pavonis Mons.

Arcadia facility: A vast warehouse and distribution center, holding outgoing resources salvaged from the Tharsis sites on a semi-permanent basis, and imported processed supplies to keep the sites running. Often a target of Tenno resource raids, due to its medium garrison, and convenient distance from the War base.

Olympus Mons excavation site: For those without proper clearance, even knowing this site exists is grounds for charges of treason or espionage, and imprisonment is the best possible sentence. Excavations search for and frequently find Prime weapon and frame fragments, and intact, occupied Tenno cryopods. This site is closely supervised by the War defense station, and all relics are stored on-site until shipped with all possible security to the Spear spaceport.

War Base: Home to Sergeant Nef Anyo, and the center of military strength on Mars. Built on, around, and inside the ancient volcano Ascraeus Mons, the sprawling, secure facility is prepared for any assault, from ground troops or even orbital bombardment. Close enough to the Olympus excavation site to deliver a crushing response to any threat.

Vallis Incarceration Facility: A highly secure prison enmeshed in the winding valleys of the Noctis Labyrinthus. Political dissenters, rogue scientists, Tenno sympathisers, Syndicate members, and Grineer POW’s are detained here. Many are up for sale, as either ransom or the discretion of generous anonymous bidders.

Alator Resort: A luxurious installation on the south pole, designed to harbor and impress the most esteemed visiting diplomats and potential investors. The remote location is easily defensible, since poles are awkward for orbital craft to access, and the dry ice cap is difficult for assailants to traverse at the best of times.

World Map

All credit for the base image goes to the wonderful National Geographic, of course. markedmars_by_snaleking-d85e9pp.png

Detail of Tharsis region and dig sites

credit to wikimedia commons for base image tharsismarkedzoom_by_snaleking-d85enuo.p

Detail of Hellas basin and dig sites

credit to wikimedia commons for base image hellastopomarked_by_snaleking-d85enjy.pn

Changelog:

11/6/14, amended the Surface Locations section to include the originally planned Arcadia facility, as marked on the maps.

Edited Spear's entry a bit for realism.

Edited by SnaleKing

Character: Stork

"Operator, we are undetected. Situation optimal for mission success. Immediate insertion to the location is advised-"

"I know, I know," Stork cut off her Cephalon, wringing her hands together as she paced nervously around her Liset. Mars loomed below, the red planet all but filling even the Liset's large viewport. "I just- it might be unwise, maybe, to take on the entire Silvanus base myself."

"Your track record, and the Lotus, assure otherwise," the Cephalon encouraged in its typically sterile and factual manner, "probably of success is high, even for a mission like this."

The white and black Zephyr stopped pacing for a moment, looking over the hologram representing the Cephalon. "And what are those odds, Raasu?"

When the Cephalon hesitated for a moment to divulge the exact figure, Stork immediately regretted asking for it. "Seventy-fi-"

"Yeah no," she scoffed, tipping her head back in exasperation. "Void damn... Raasu, could you-" she pinched the bridge of her nose, knowing she'd kick herself for this too. "Put out a coded transmission, asking for other Tenno to assist."

"You are certain, operator?" Even the Cephalon's artificial inflections showed an edge of wariness. "The last mission you ran with other Tenno was delayed and nearly failed, not to mention, if I recall correctly, your personal distaste for cooperation."

Stork shot the hologram a critical glare. "Yes, I'm sure, and don't pretend you're capable of forgetting anything. I'd rather not like the mission than fail it."

Cephalon Raasu's hologram made a movement reminiscent of a resigned shrug. "Very well then. The broadcast for aid is being sent out to any other free Tenno in orbit. How long shall we wait for responses? This is a time-sensitive mission, remember..."

"Right, right," Stork sighed a bit, thinking it over briefly. "Fifteen minutes. Or as soon as we get a couple Tenno. Raise the ramp?"

"Of course," Raasu acknowledged, letting the ramp to the arsenal lift higher than normally possible, making a slope facing the wide viewport. Stork laid down on the gentle slope, watching Mars spin through the viewport.

"Beautiful planet," she commented, noting how the wispy water ice clouds accented the rust red surface, "wish it was this pretty from the surface."

"And that it wasn't ridden with Corpus," Cephalon Raasu added soberly.

"Yeah," Stork sighed, frowning a bit, "that'd be nice too."

Character: Dustil Lainen

A crashed Liset lay in the shadow of a fallen meteorite at the fringes of the Silvanus territory. Dust storms and built-in signature masking allowed it to remain undetected by Corpus surveillance. The wreck sheltered a young man who had seen a lifetime's worth of war. He worked quietly at a jury-rigged workbench, put together with components salvaged from the Liset's failing foundry. Materials were recycled robotics processed from exploration and scout drones that wandered too close to the meteor, falling prey to his well-hidden traps. The Corpus base seemed to think that they were merely lost to the frequent dust storms in the area, and hence never stopped sending their robots to investigate.

The man smirked as his datapad beeped loudly, informing him of another confirmed catch. He tapped away at it without looking up from his current project, ordering his salvagers to dismantle the Cargo MOA on-site and return to the Liset wreck. But his smile soon faded as he switched displays to inspect his resource counts. He needed Ferrite for his armoured charger robotics, and ceramics for his custom Roller spectres. All these were Grineer materials. His best hope would be to loot resource caches in bases or intercept a Grineer freight platform. He couldn't accomplish that with his current meager squad of mechanical slaves. Unless he could find some loophole in the nearby Silvanus base's defenses and access its warehouses. First step would be to assign-

The Liset's transmitter unit crackled loudly, rudely interrupting his thoughts. The man grumpily reached over to switch it off. He only kept it on to listen in on Corpus patrols in the area anyway, may as well have put the Liset's superior radio interception technology to good use. But before he could hit the power button, he caught sight of the unusual lighting display on the transmitter. Frowning to himself, he leaned in closer and inspected it, finding a transmission only detectable on a frequency exclusive to Tenno operations. Curious. The Liset recognized it as a broadcast for aid. Tenno? Requesting for assistance?

The young man got to his feet and retrieved his faithful Serro from the nanoforge. His last encounter with these fabled warrior-gods was during the last stand at one of Sedna's scrapyards. He had watched from an evacuating vessel as a squad of Tenno heroically fended off the Grineer inquisition descending upon the rebel base. Their power, their technique, and their frightening ability to put the enemy's own weapons to more potent use against them awed him. Even now, he somewhat envied the comrades that had volunteered to stay behind and fight by their side. Perhaps this time...

He placed a gloved hand on the communication unit and returned the transmission. Smacking the receiver a few times for clarity, he spoke into it, hoping that this shipwreck's communication functionality was not as bad as it looked.

"Hello? ... Tenno?"

A loud ping startled Stork from her repose, while Cephalon Raasu patched the garbling transmission through. "Hello? ... Tenno?"

"Yes!" Stork hissed jubilantly to herself, before opening the transmission to reply. "This is Stork, a Lotus-sanctioned operative. Care to identify yourself?" While Stork conversed, however, Cephalon Raasu worked on pinning down the location. "Operator, the signal is weak, originating from the planet's surface, apparently near Silvanus itself. We'll have another thirty minutes before we orbit out of communication range with it."

Stork looked over to Raasu's hologram, muting the transmission for a second. "Is there a syndicate mission assigned to Silvanus now?"

"No, not that the Lotus' intelligence is aware of. The signal is coming from a Liset, but with the irregularities in it, it's quite likely the Liset is damaged. Mars' atmosphere is far too sparse to be causing this much interference, and if we were being actively jammed we couldn't exchange more than a few words."

Stork paused a moment, then unmuted the transmission. "Tenno, is your Liset damaged? Do you require assistance?"

"Heh. Unfortunately, I'm not a Tenno." he replied. Realizing that whoever he was making contact with might take that the wrong way, he quickly added. "This is Dustil of Sed- uh I mean, Steel Meridian yeah. I'm transmitting and receiving through the communication unit of a crashed Liset. No traces or clues of the previous Tenno operator."

Loud mechanical groans echoed around the cramped interior of the Liset as his robots returned, hauling the remains of a Cargo MOA with them. The receiver's noise canceller failed to mute the noise, and Dustil took the opportunity to curse the grating sounds of metal against metal.

"Uh sorry bout that. But yeah, I hear that it's backup you seek. If it's the nearby Silvanus base you're looking at, I think it's very much possible that we'd be working together."

Name: Evangeline

A corpus cargo ship continued towards it's destination, the Mag Prime piloting it yawning slightly as she approached the orbital station, sending a message ahead to indicate her arrival.

Stork stayed silent on the line for a moment, considering her options. "... Standby. I'll be leaving orbit in thirteen minutes, and I'll be topside eight minutes after that."

"So we're accepting the rogue Grineer's aid?" Raasu remarked apprehensively. "Are you certain it can be trusted?"

Stork shrugged in defeat. "It's already heard our broadcast, and it's aligned with a recognized Syndicate. We may as well cooperate, I suppose, though I'll definitely be keeping one eye open near that clone."

Raasu seemed satisfied with Stork's reasoning, as if she'd just passed some kind of test. "Very well. I'll continue listening for real Tenno responses in the meantime."

Stork nodded. "That's for the best. I'd like to have kin watching my back with this clone around." Her side conversation concluded, she unmuted her end of the transmission.

----

Before long, a brief, stern reply came from the tower. "Hail acknowledged, cargo cruiser. Standby at the given coordinates, then transmit identifying codes and full transport visa."

Tenno: Elorrick(Volt Frame)

The Volt frame was damaged. His shields had regenerated but his frame had seen better days. His mission had been a success. Solo he had stealthed in and hacked the station. From a pouch he produces a data crystal looking deep into the center of it. There within its matrix was "Project Iccarus" the incripted file he had been sent to retreave.

The Lisets voice suddenly pipes up. #"Incoming comunication from mars. Liset in low orbit. Patching it through"#

"Ship! Bring us about and head towards that transsmision."

#"Making adjustments to corse. May i sugest a new warframe until Volt frame is repaired"#

Elorrick looked down at the wound in his flank. "No time for that. Ill make do. I have suit integraty, so i wont leak air. How long before we are in voice com range?"

#"Moments...........You are good to go operater."#

Keying a button on the consol he paused. Then "Tenno! This Elorrick. Volt frame close to your position. I'm in a position to assist. What are mission details? Send incripted. Tenno are you still out there?"

#"Message sent. Seems there is another transmission from the surface.....Too weak to get a lock or listen into."#

"Find me that Tenno. Ill be loading up"

A minute passed while the codes were processed, then the voice crackled over the transmission again. "Identification codes check out. Tower requests the dangerous items listed on your transport visa be double-checked for security before any other board-issued craft dock."

---

Cephalon Raasu let off a sharp ping to notify Stork of a new transmission, and she quickly opened the channel, though made sure to mute the other one before speaking. "This is Lotus operative Stork, I hear you loud and clear, Elorrick. Mission specs are straightforward: clear out the garrison at the Silvanus military base, quickly and preferably without setting off any alerts. Assistance would be greatly appreciated, but I won't be able to reward you with much besides gratitude."

Edited by SnaleKing

Another dust storm was brewing. Dustil used it to mask his movements,swiftly darting between the rocky outcrops across the wastes towards the Silvanus base, looking for a suitable spot to wait and plan further action. His hooded Ferrite-woven cloak sheltered him from the storm, but his own visibility was impaired. He had to resort to deploying surveillance drones constructed from Latcher blueprints to map out the terrain in front of him, which while admittedly slow was also effective. They traversed the rocky ground easily with their adhesive rotary hulls, and easily disabled Silvanus robot scouts by latching to them and delivering EMP blasts.

A large immobile object detected by his Latchers drew his attention. Dustil crept slowly towards it, finding it to be a large empty storage container. The wreck of a large cargo Osprey lay nearby, another victim to the vicious storms in the area. He slipped into the container and sank into a crouch before raising his communication modules and tapping into patrol broadcasts at the Silvanus base perimeter. Tenno would be able to contact him later on the Liset's ship-to-ship frequency, as he had wired his transmitter to it as well. Now he just had to shelter himself from the storm outside while he awaited contact.

A minute passed while the codes were processed, then the voice crackled over the transmission again. "Identification codes check out. Tower requests the dangerous items listed on your transport visa be double-checked for security before any other board-issued craft dock."

-snip-

"I'd think worse if you if you didn't." Evangeline replied, "Where may I dock?"

Position: obscure part of Ara Cargo Tower exterior

Character: Hazun

A basic Tenno transport pod was latched onto the outside of a station, the majority of the systems promoting jammers and cloaking features. On the inside, Hazun looked down at the planet the station orbited. Big...and red...and apparently this is Mars.

(Huh...where's the ice?) he thought to his self. On several occasions he would hear about an iced over or cold section of Mars. Yet this is Mars on the display.

Either they were lied to or those other Tenno were hallucinating. Regardless, he looked on with interest at the red planet, most likely he would be there soon.

Edited by Exoteran

Character: Vera Lariss.

Another day, Another Patrol, Another boring and fearing day on Mars for Vera. A Corpus Sniper stationed on the Ultor Defense base. Today was no different. Her Superior's usually have her command the patrols around the Perimeter of the Defense base on one of the Scamjets. 

She sighed and slowly got up from her bed, rubbing her tired blue eyes and slicking back her short ebon hair. "Well, here we go again" she said to herself as she prepared for work. She got her Jumpsuit, her climbing gear and jump pack and collected her Lanka, Detron and Quanta. She figured it would be useful for opening doors and stuff but other then that, she never found the correct time to use it.

Once she was prepared and ready for patrol, she left for the Scramjet Hanger bay...it was again, going to be a long day.

"Selling, To a preordained client." She replied.

LOC: Closing on Mars

Chr: Elorrick

"Stork, this is Elorrick. Let's call this favour I know I'll need one in the future.

I'm currently 15mins from your pos."

"Alright, do you have a location that you're meeting at?" the tower director's tone now bore a hint of irritation, that this back-and-forth had been going on as long as it had. "Where do you need to go, so I can slot you into the departure schedule."

---

Stork frowned at the request for a 'favor.' She'd dealt in those before, and hadn't been happy with the request. "Well," she decided to just leave it be for the moment. The terms could be negotiated later, or just... forgotten. "We needn't rendezvous at my location in orbit, Elorrick. I'll meet you a few miles away from the Silvanus base, fifteen minutes sounds fine."

---

Three harsh clangs beat on the steel door of Rapha's gloomy cell, before a minimal ration pack slid in from a wall slot. "Lunch," a gruff voice acknowledged from outside, a voice Rapha would have gotten quite used to by now. The Corpus warden was in charge of this part of the prison, and treated it like his own little world, where nothing was done, said, or thought without him knowing. "And, some good news. In two days, you'll be out of here." A moment passed, while he let Rapha's hopes get up. "Out of the cell, into an incinerator. Seems nobody's posted your bail, and you know how expensive it is to keep prisoners!" Rapha's surroundings testified otherwise; 'spartan' would be a generous descriptor for the bare, cold, metal cell, with the dry, crumbling food and foul water mostly inadequate for keeping a human alive. "Anyway, if the Red Veil or some fat cat executive don't buy you out of here by then, statistically, nobody ever will. And that's expensive! You understand, if we can't turn a profit, well, what's the point of even keeping prisoners around anyway?" He rapped on the door again, smirking to himself. "Enjoy your last forty-eight hours! Hey, if you want, go ahead and try to scratch something offensive on the wall, I love to hear the sound of fingernails against steel! Heh!"

"Alright, do you have a location that you're meeting at?" the tower director's tone now bore a hint of irritation, that this back-and-forth had been going on as long as it had. "Where do you need to go, so I can slot you into the departure schedule."

-Snip-

Evangeline shook her head, forgetting they couldn't see her, and said aloud,

"Simply put me in a random Hangar, they'll find me." The tracker in the ship ensuring that.

Three harsh clangs beat on the steel door of Rapha's gloomy cell, before a minimal ration pack slid in from a wall slot. "Lunch," a gruff voice acknowledged from outside, a voice Rapha would have gotten quite used to by now. The Corpus warden was in charge of this part of the prison, and treated it like his own little world, where nothing was done, said, or thought without him knowing. "And, some good news. In two days, you'll be out of here." A moment passed, while he let Rapha's hopes get up. "Out of the cell, into an incinerator. Seems nobody's posted your bail, and you know how expensive it is to keep prisoners!" Rapha's surroundings testified otherwise; 'spartan' would be a generous descriptor for the bare, cold, metal cell, with the dry, crumbling food and foul water mostly inadequate for keeping a human alive. "Anyway, if the Red Veil or some fat cat executive don't buy you out of here by then, statistically, nobody ever will. And that's expensive! You understand, if we can't turn a profit, well, what's the point of even keeping prisoners around anyway?" He rapped on the door again, smirking to himself. "Enjoy your last forty-eight hours! Hey, if you want, go ahead and try to scratch something offensive on the wall, I love to hear the sound of fingernails against steel! Heh!"

"Go to the deepest level in the nine hells, Warden." Rapha spat at the steadfast door, but grabbed the food and feasted hungrily.

There were a few stowaway insects in the flavourless protein block, lifting Rapha's spirits, but they were as tasteless as cold steel.

Once he finished his "meal", the Phobian curled up on the corner of his cell. Desperation, anger... he'd succumb to them soon.

Two days. Two days left for him to suffer.

Out of sight of the cameras, he tapped the wall at his right rythmically, each sound communicating a letter. In the old days, it was called Morseco, or something like that.

It was a simple message, but Rapha poured what was left of his hope into the knocks.

Get me out. Get me out. Get me...

It was probably in vain, but he wanted to believe it was possible for someone, anyone, to hear his message.

Get me out.

Hazuns observing was over, it was time to explore.

The pod detached from the Cargo tower, thrusters roaring to life soon after and sending the Excalibur straight towards the planet.

Location: two miles from Ara Cargo Tower and closing in on Mars

Stork frowned at the request for a 'favor.' She'd dealt in those before, and hadn't been happy with the request. "Well," she decided to just leave it be for the moment. The terms could be negotiated later, or just... forgotten. "We needn't rendezvous at my location in orbit, Elorrick. I'll meet you a few miles away from the Silvanus base, fifteen minutes sounds fine."

---

The Liset came in low kicking up a moderate amount of dust. A hatch rotated open on the underside and a lone figure dropped to the ground. The ship lifted, nose coming to point back into the sky and soon became a pinprick.

The Volt frame in the colours of red and black. Upon his back sat a Skana sword, at his hips sat twin Latos. Finally in his hands covering the area he expected company from was an Attica crossbow.

Checking his chrono..."Early." He crouched and waited.

Edited by Elorrick

Evangeline shook her head, forgetting they couldn't see her, and said aloud,

"Simply put me in a random Hangar, they'll find me." The tracker in the ship ensuring that.

"Go to the deepest level in the nine hells, Warden." Rapha spat at the steadfast door, but grabbed the food and feasted hungrily.

There were a few stowaway insects in the flavourless protein block, lifting Rapha's spirits, but they were as tasteless as cold steel.

Once he finished his "meal", the Phobian curled up on the corner of his cell. Desperation, anger... he'd succumb to them soon.

Two days. Two days left for him to suffer.

Out of sight of the cameras, he tapped the wall at his right rythmically, each sound communicating a letter. In the old days, it was called Morseco, or something like that.

It was a simple message, but Rapha poured what was left of his hope into the knocks.

Get me out. Get me out. Get me...

It was probably in vain, but he wanted to believe it was possible for someone, anyone, to hear his message.

Get me out.

Hazuns observing was over, it was time to explore.

The pod detached from the Cargo tower, thrusters roaring to life soon after and sending the Excalibur straight towards the planet.

Location: two miles from Ara Cargo Tower and closing in on Mars

"Well, the Ara tower doesn't dock with vessels, the only hangers are for support crew or supplies entering and exiting." A few moments passed, and a ping alerted Evangeline of a set of coordinates beamed to her. "Go ahead and wait here, and I've cleared any shuttle to approach and dock with your vessel. In respect of your client's anonymity, they won't be required to transmit security codes to approach your vessel, and any goods you exchange must only be recorded on your transport visa as 'private,' and their mass and volume."

---

No salvation came that night. The next day, or as best the 'day' could be determined within the sunless cell, the protein block and water container were dropped into his cell. With eighteen hours until his deadline, it would likely be for the last time.

On the hard protein block, however, were crudely scratched in two circles, with a line slashing through both. The symbol of Steel Meridian.

"Blessed be the stars."

Rapha consumed the block, this one without insects. Then he knelt and closed his eyes, trying to meditate.

His worries were not over. Who had made the symbol? Was it the Warden, doing it for his own sick amusement?

That thought chilled him. Was there no end to the cruelty of the Corpus?

But perhaps... perhaps someone listened. Someone took the time to reassure him, even if in vain. At the very least, he would not be completely forgotten.

Still wired to the Liset's transmission unit, Dustil knelt at the corner of the storage container, inspecting his gear repeatedly to keep himself occupied. His desire was to reach the Venus outpost and formally join the Steel Meridian, and it infuriated him that the Liset's heavily-damaged communications systems was only able to broadcast to and receive from other Tenno vessels. Perhaps once this was over, he would ask the Tenno for a lift to Venus. A good way to repay the favour surely, though another one of his bigger reasons for working with them was to fight alongside these fabled warrior-gods and witness their power on the field.