Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nostalgia For Old Games

Noxonion

Remeber those older games? Games like City Life, Offroad, Mario, Transformers and many others.

They had no in-depth story, they were just plain fun. THey required minimum of resources to build, but they gave the satisfaction they were supposed to.

I really regret buying a new PC, 'cause those Win XP games are really fun.

Remeber those older games? Games like City Life, Offroad, Mario, Transformers and many others.

They had no in-depth story, they were just plain fun. THey required minimum of resources to build, but they gave the satisfaction they were supposed to.

I really regret buying a new PC, 'cause those Win XP games are really fun.

Remember Doom? I'm surprised it doesn't have a huger cult following

Not only PC has this kind of nostalgia, I remember playing the hell out of Burnout 3: Takedown. Not really a story at all, just plain fun! Of course Halo is still my favorite and since that is getting a remake in the master chief collection next week I can't wait to play it again. Though it will never be the same as it was before, I wish there were more games that can create such awesome nostalgia ^-^ Warframe is close though.

Pretty sure those old games you can find are available on the internet.

Yes you can but most of the really old ones have incompatibility problems with the new operating systems like windows 7 or 8. The original age of empires 2 for example crashes whenever you alt tab or something like that. It also completely messes with my dual screen setup and breaks colors during the game.

Remember Doom? I'm surprised it doesn't have a huger cult following

I'm assuming this post is only made out of ironic satire, because Doom (specifically Doom 2: HoE) has one of the biggest modding communities surrounding it and people are still playing it online today in competitive leagues. I can go into more specifics if you need.

I'm assuming this post is only made out of ironic satire, because Doom (specifically Doom 2: HoE) has one of the biggest modding communities surrounding it and people are still playing it online today in competitive leagues. I can go into more specifics if you need.

Well, I didn't really know that, I haven't heard anyone mention it (Doom) in a long time and simply assumed (wrongly in this case) that people didn't play it anymore for some reason. Halo : CE also has  a reasonably large following and modders i believe, but i could be wrong

I probably should have used better words to describe what i was trying to say but my english hasn't failed me yet, at least not before this particular statement of mine, ill need to practice it some more >.>