Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seems Like Destiny Is Not That Much Better Off...

Reidmaster

8b03d374-f9a5-4a44-8e8e-07fdacb2e89c.jpg

Found this picture a few days ago, thought people would find it pretty funny.

This is part of the discussion that was with the picture. (It sure sounds pretty familiar...)

YTP4iLN.png

This is by no means an attack on either game, just thought that them having (about) the same issues was funny.

Edited by Reidmaster

My problem with Destiny is there is nothing to do and I can't work towards anything just hope it happens. In Warframe I can always be leveling some other gun or frame while I grind the void. I can progress with another thing in Warframe while grinding. In Destiny it's just hope you get what you want without being able to progress on anything else.

That's funny, I've read some posts on /r/Destiny a couple of weeks after the release.

You could swap "Destiny" with Warframe and it would be the exact same kind of problems/complaints you read about all the time here.

I don't know, I find that doing the same stuff all the time is at least fun in Warframe since the gameplay is good. Destiny is just so... boring. I've played it, got to lvl 30, and haven't touched it since. Don't plan on picking it back up until the next content release is out.

I Found Destiny to be a plague in a number of areas. i sold it within the first WEEK. so, let me list the issues i have with the game. It got boring, REALLY fast.

1. The Initial loot system.

The loot system when i got the game was absolute BS. you could get a legendary engram and end up getting a rare or uncommon weapons or piece of armor.

2. Severe lack of content and story.

Only four planets, and 4 or 5 single player missions each. if you want to actually have FUN with the game, prepare your wallet to get a subscription to Xbox LIVE or Playstation Network. The story is also not very present, despite the incredible locations and great atmosphere of each location in the game, the story remains lacking. 

3. 1/3 of the Game released for $60?

Oh my GOD, WHY. and i come to this conclusion with relative ease, because they ALREADY HAD PLANNED two other expansions for $20 each. this is a cheap, yet effective marketing tactic that suckers people in. people who aren't used to getting a quality game find their $60 dollars spent on the game worth it, satisfied with enough content to last them 12 to 18 hours (I may be under-exaggerating).

4. Always-Online.

Is this REALLY their idea of how to implement SINGLE PLAYER? By forcing you to play online? i'm sorry, but i drew the line there when i intended to play this game alone. I know it's intended to be an online multiplayer game, but this shouldn't have been a thing. this should have been an optional setting.

All my personal bones to pick with this game, summed into this. Quoting the brilliant dude who said this on the Warframe Store page, Warvframe is "a grindfest better than Destiny."

I apologize for ranting, but this is something i needed to get off my chest.

EDIT: As for complaint number four, i know it's not single player-only. i was griping about the campaign missions that could be completed alone.

Edited by Dexaldem

Destiny is just a paid grind loot fest. Granted it had its moments here and there but overall I found it boring.

Still, this game is the bloody reason I lost probably more than 60% active members in both my clan and alliance.

Destiny is basically a joke now that people have seen all that the $60 package has to offer. I wish it hadn't come out for the very reason you listed. It has drawn way too many poor fools in.

I don't know, I find that doing the same stuff all the time is at least fun in Warframe since the gameplay is good. Destiny is just so... boring. I've played it, got to lvl 30, and haven't touched it since. Don't plan on picking it back up until the next content release is out.

I wasn't really commenting on the quality of either game. Just that, on release, Destiny already had exactly the same issues that Warframe had.