Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reputation - What's In It For Us? Syndicate Feedback - Also Viver

FatalionPanic-EGT-

ODD and Sechura have a finite number of enemies and as you progress the enemies grow in difficulty and attack power.

(eventually you see hordes of energy draining proc dealing eximus of level 80 coming at you from a 35-42 planet node)

Viver offers a LARGE spawns of INFINITE enemies at a set level that do not get stronger

(no crappy eximus to drain you, proc troll you to death, etc. while you remain stronger than them all)

Enemies in Interception Missions (viver included) grow stronger as well. Their grow is around 1 level per round.

Please excuse the ignorance, but I'm a relatively new player (about a month).  I'm not seeing a huge benefit to update 15 for new players.

Is it easier to level, as opposed to u14: not really.  You still have to find a group to even get to some of these areas, and most planets are devoid of other players 90% of the time.  You have to pray for an alert on some levels.

Is the syndicate content worth anything: nope.  I managed to get the first tier, and the second tier more than quadrupled the required investment (while taking away everything I've had.  The opposed factions constantly increase their value, so it's a matter of never reaching the top or fighting against eximus squads completely at random.  Neither is attractive.

Is the high level syndicate gear worth it: nope.  The thousands of hours you'd need to grind to get more than a couple of them means you could furnish your own new clan several times over.  The alternative is to farm, which DE is apparantly preventing.  It's a reasonable response, given that end game content shouldn't be burned through in three weeks.  At the same time, why set the bar so high if you don't want people to try and acchieve it quickly?  Farmers aren't possible to remove, so you have to build around them.

With all this moaning, you'd be reasonable to ask what I'd do to fix the issue.  That's simple:

1) Rep is built by completing challenging solo missions.  The award is built-up rep, and a physical good (mod, credits, resources, blueprints, etc...) at the end of each mission.  The physical goods pool changes based upon Rep level.

2) The mission cycle locations, and get harder as Rep rises.  Assuming you're not great at the game, you can grind low level rep missions.

3) More Rep unlocks more missions.  The initial type of exterminate eventually unlocks sabatoge, capture, spy, and deceipt.

4) Eventually, enough Rep leads to group missions unlocking.  The group missions function the same as single player missions, and increase in earned Rep and better awards pools.

5) At specific Rep tiers you are allowed to access a "black market" unique to whomever you've been working for,  They have a specific pool of constantly available mods, with couple that cycle so you can purchase any of the mods available, given enough time.  Syndicates therefore allow eventual access to everything, but by choosing a syndicate you choose what you get immediately.

6) Competing syndicates don't randomly send eximus units after you, they go gangster on you.  You'll have a random chance to open a crate, and have an overload charge knock you out.  You can be revived by a team mate within 15 seconds, but if nobody revives you then you have to escape from the rival syndicate.

7) Similar to the Alad V escape, you're disabled.  Rather than simply stripping you of your weapons, the syndicate has the tenno in a jar.  You've got to break free, possess a prototype Grineer/Corpus hybrid exoskeleton, and find your body.

8) After breaking free you can either initiate a retaliatory mission against a boss (double regular positive Rep points, quadruple regular opposing Rep points), or return to the capture location for a sabatoge which wipes that base off the face of the planet (regular positive Rep, no opposing Rep).  The rewards for both of these missions is a frame blueprint. 

9) The syndicate frame should offer some unique aspects, which make it plausible for the syndicates to have kept it a dark secret for so long.  I'll expand on that momentarily.

So, now that the syndicates can be for everyone, but the end-game users get the best access and items, what about that new frame.  Let's look at the powers:

1) Double Tap: For the next 20 seconds all weapons critical hit percentage increases by 60/80/100%. 

2) Consuming Shadow: Generate a cloud of Nanobots, which seeks out and engulfs the most dangerous enemy within x/y/z meters.  The Nanobots are silent, and deal 50% viral and 50% corrosive damage for u/v/w seconds.

3) Shadow Possession: Turn intangible for 20 seconds.  Any enemy that you come into contact with in this state is possessed and energy is expended over the possession time.  While possessed you gain all their skills.  If the enemy is killed prior to possession wearing off you return to intangible form for 5 seconds.

4) Demonic Assistance: Spawn a minion who survives for 60 seconds +5 seconds for each kill.  The minion latches onto an enemy and holds them like a Kubrow.  The minion has the highest threat rating, and does not take damage.

Is the frame uniquely suited to stealth gameplay: yes.  Is the frame in keeping with cannon: assuming the Nanobots are an offshoot of the Technocyte virus, very much so.  Would the frame be worth all the effort: I'm imagining a cross between Agent 47 and a ninja, so the stealth players out there should be more than happy with it.

So, does DE actually peruse the forums actively?  This is my first post, and it'll be my last if this is another dead-end, like Guild Wars 2.  Those forums were full of unhappy people, and Anet never responded to them.  I'm hoping DE is another story, as I'd love it if somebody could cut through the trolling/whining and make this game better.  Maybe it'd even actually release as a game, rather than a two year beta...

Edited by masterofdetiny

Enemies in Interception Missions (viver included) grow stronger as well. Their grow is around 1 level per round.

The difference is that you can make interceptions last significantly longer without scaling as quickly. My friends and I would farm the node without taking any towers except D for the entire duration of the round, while simultaneously preventing the enemy from taking any other points. Thus we could still kill hundreds of enemies without their levels increasing whatsoever, earning us 8k+ rep before ever reaching say round 6 or 7.

I've got to admit, DE put some thought into this: the difference in possible rep gain between early and end game players is huge. Even bigger now after the "fix". So, on a wide perspective, with Syndicates they gave us end-game content - they actually delivered. I've got to give them that much. Now please don't go for an easy fix and break it.

Please excuse the ignorance, but I'm a relatively new player (about a month).  I'm not seeing a huge benefit to update 15 for new players.

[...]

Thanks for your post and welcome. It just kind of missed my point, sorry. There are other pressing issues I'd like to address later on and that's what I made this thread for.

Sooo... What's so special about Viver?

I honestly don't know, that's why I am asking. 

Viver is an interception mission with a tile-set that allows for a special setup of warframes and mods to yield a massive amount of reputation points. Way more than in almost all other missions.

The difference is that you can make interceptions last significantly longer without scaling as quickly. My friends and I would farm the node without taking any towers except D for the entire duration of the round, while simultaneously preventing the enemy from taking any other points. Thus we could still kill hundreds of enemies without their levels increasing whatsoever, earning us 8k+ rep before ever reaching say round 6 or 7.

I'm not telling you how to do it but you're doing it wrong. The "fix" affects you, tho. So you're not one of those with the massive yield of reputation points, I'm talking big numbers, way into 5 digits.