Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Think We Should All Take A Moment...

Xianyu

...to appreciate exactly how BAD &#! Saryn is.

She's poison.

She's got high armor.

She kicks &#!.

She wall runs, she sprints, she does ALL OF THIS.

And here's the amazing thing.

SHE DOES IT ALL IN HIGH HEELS.

257zur5.png

Oh god NO. I didn't realise she had bloody heels on. Can we get at least a little bit of sense into the design of the frame? *sigh* Sorry, it's a pet peeve of mine. I mean, yes, anyone who can be a combat monster in high heels is indeed to be feared, but that doesn't mean the idea makes any sense :)

Oh god NO. I didn't realise she had bloody heels on. Can we get at least a little bit of sense into the design of the frame? *sigh* Sorry, it's a pet peeve of mine. I mean, yes, anyone who can be a combat monster in high heels is indeed to be feared, but that doesn't mean the idea makes any sense :)

I only just noticed this myself, and I've had Saryn a few days.

It was one of those 'are you kidding me?!' moments. Especially since I enjoy doing the high-flying acrobatics. I've had her running up the walls all the damn time. IN HEELS. OW.

I only just noticed this myself, and I've had Saryn a few days.

It was one of those 'are you kidding me?!' moments. Especially since I enjoy doing the high-flying acrobatics. I've had her running up the walls all the damn time. IN HEELS. OW.

Pretty much. I see these females (or feminine) characters in game that hurtle about being generally awesome, and then I see that they're wearing heels. I mean, really? Come on. Give those ladies some combat boots already and let your concept artists do something else.

It's not really worth getting into an argument about; of the 'female' frames (insofar that they look feminine cf. breasts and female figure), I think she's the only one that's wearing foolish footwear. That said, haven't looked closely.

On the other hand, has anyone here been trodden on by heels? Considered as pounds per square inch, it's like being trodden on by a very pointy elephant. Perhaps a Saryn-specific execute for floored enemies?

Saryn's description is as follows.

The beautiful and mysterious SARYN is one of the most feared Warframes in the solar system.

'Beautiful and Mysterious'. So she'd obviously need a way to be more feminine than say..Mag.

So, high heels and a colour scheme that accents her bust.

So it all makes perfect sense to me.

This is kind of absurd. Yet another addition to the long list of reasons as to why the gaming industry refuses to "grow up". Here we had a chance for some real kick &#! female characters that where not just random sex symbols, and they are in high heals. *facepalm* Why not go ahead and put make up on their helmets? I suppose I should count my blessings, at least they're fully armored, and not wearing bikins. I redact my previous exasperation, you have to take the small victories whe you can get them.

But seriously, there is no reason for high heels, or clogs on space ninja gun fighters. It's just one step too far.

This is kind of absurd. Yet another addition to the long list of reasons as to why the gaming industry refuses to "grow up". Here we had a chance for some real kick &#! female characters that where not just random sex symbols, and they are in high heals. *facepalm* Why not go ahead and put make up on their helmets? I suppose I should count my blessings, at least they're fully armored, and not wearing bikins. I redact my previous exasperation, you have to take the small victories whe you can get them.

But seriously, there is no reason for high heels, or clogs on space ninja gun fighters. It's just one step too far.

Actually, high heels were originally worn by butchers to avoid slipping on blood-slicked flooring...

So maybe she's supposed to have high heels as a way of wading through the blood of her enemies?

No blood from being dissolved in Miasma. Melt, evaporate, done.

If all the frames were cheesecake, I would say you had a point but without the rest of the frames in heels, it is just an aesthetic choice. I don't see it as 'grow up' more than a distinctly Saryn trait.

She is wonder woman class awesome.

Sagonene

Style's a great reason for high heels.  This is a stylish game.  Look at other sci-fi movies/games.  You think getting into a gunfight at close range with karate moves is a good idea?  The Matrix does it not because it's realistic or combat effective, but because it's stylish and looks good.