Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pvp That Works!

Thingofmyth

... the fluff lover in me shivers at the prospect of Tenno watch 'pods die, but from a neutral perspective, this could actually work. It's competitive without confrontation.

I feel the same way about the fluff being shot like this, but it could be practice pods on a training mission or something similar to that.  And if they do go with the practice mission they could make waves of mixed enemy factions that wouldn't fight...which could be interesting.  Such as Grineer shooting from afar while a bunch of infest blitz you.

The Op suggestion is quite good. Maybe there could also be a kind of "race" mode where 4 teams have to capture an orokin artefact but they all come from 4 paths that are similar with the same enemies, but there is only 1 artefact so the fastest team wins? Also to prevent rushing there are 3 doors that need all 4 members to be opened.

There are four different cryopods evenly spaced around the map and each person has to defend his/her cryopod. There would be no attacking other players so it wouldn't have that frustration with spawn killing and what not other bullS#&$ that pvp brings in. It would also add an interesting dynamic with CC abilities such as nyx mind controlling an ancient to go attack another players cryopod or enemies getting deterred from embers ring of fire?

Just an Idea for some interesting dynamic, feel free to bash me for bringing up pvp as I am against it myself, I just thought this would be an interesting compromise. 

TL;DR 4 player competitive wave defense, No friendly fire, CC abilities good

So, bascially were sending enemies to kill fellow Tenno who are still in cryopods?

Just a thought, but what if since there are let's say 4 teams of 4 players, if 1 team loses then it's waves are split between the remaining 3 teams and if the third team looses it's waves are split between the remaining 2 teams. I think it would add to the challenge and be a pretty interesting mechanic.

There are four different cryopods evenly spaced around the map and each person has to defend his/her cryopod. There would be no attacking other players so it wouldn't have that frustration with spawn killing and what not other bullS#&$ that pvp brings in. It would also add an interesting dynamic with CC abilities such as nyx mind controlling an ancient to go attack another players cryopod or enemies getting deterred from embers ring of fire?

Just an Idea for some interesting dynamic, feel free to bash me for bringing up pvp as I am against it myself, I just thought this would be an interesting compromise. 

TL;DR 4 player competitive wave defense, No friendly fire, CC abilities good

Not a horrible idea.   I would like it more as a 4v4 or a 2v2.

Not a horrible idea.   I would like it more as a 4v4 or a 2v2.

I would love to see 2v2's but with the current hosting issues that people are complaining about I think that they shouldn't try to do 4v4's.  It'll just piss even more people off about the connection problems they are having.

Interesting Idea. Would be better than classic PvP when PvP is added to this eventually.

IF PVP is added. From the 60 hours I have already played there is still so much to do. I only have 3 warframes all of which I love and I'm not getting bored of this anytime soon.

So am i right in understanding you want Pve competition? not Player vs player? We compete but we dont hit each other?

If this is right i kind of understood that with the new clan feature coming up, things will be added later once we all have these new dojo/towns so we will compete against other clans in some way. 

Im all for Pve vs Pve for ladders and stuff.

Pvp just no. Not for a long time.

thingofmyth,have Devs answered to you?

Nothing yet.

Can we play the solo way still? because i have no interest in this game for this. I don't want to be punished from rewards because I just don't like team play.

Of course. they would never take out the normal levels. 

So am i right in understanding you want Pve competition? not Player vs player? We compete but we dont hit each other?

If this is right i kind of understood that with the new clan feature coming up, things will be added later once we all have these new dojo/towns so we will compete against other clans in some way. 

Im all for Pve vs Pve for ladders and stuff.

Pvp just no. Not for a long time.

You may be against Pvp (like me) but there are quite a few people who want it put in the game. I am just trying to think of ways to help Warframe appeal to all audiences, and honestly, this is the closest we can get to Pve in a Pvp game mode. There wouldn't be any special reward except for the leaderboard for your rank (based on kills, round reached, damage taken, ext) so there wouldn't be any extra incentive to play it.

This is an interesting idea.

It will need some tweaking though.

Given that current defense missions (at certain levels) cannot be soloed, making one player protecting one cryopod alone might bring about some issues.

Players will also most likely end up only using some of the frames particularly those with AOE or defense mission-oriented skills.

Players without these frames will not likely succeed in this mode since currently they are relying on but supporting others who are using the frames that excel in the defense missions.

Other than this, there seems to be not much flaws in the suggestion.

This is an interesting idea.

It will need some tweaking though.

Given that current defense missions (at certain levels) cannot be soloed, making one player protecting one cryopod alone might bring about some issues.

Players will also most likely end up only using some of the frames particularly those with AOE or defense mission-oriented skills.

Players without these frames will not likely succeed in this mode since currently they are relying on but supporting others who are using the frames that excel in the defense missions.

Other than this, there seems to be not much flaws in the suggestion.

I was thinking of that too. Someone earlier mentioned possibly doing 2v2 which could be an alternate option due to some warframes abilities being more CC oriented and others being distraction oriented and might even out the playing field for frames like banshee if they get paired up with an ember. 

As for the problem with some defense missions not being solo-able they could use a new map? or the large open map with bridges that is basically a giant square could be an alternate until they make the new map?

By the way: DERebecca said she will pass on the idea to other DE devs, but as we all know Pvp isn't a primary focus atm, but it still could possibly be used in the future!

PVP without hitting each other,sounds entertaining.

My friend and I have expecting some sort of this.

The idea of this topic sounds like survival competition.(correct me if i am wrong)

And if you are going through a lot of pvp idea for WF, I got an idea you could take a look.

Me and my friend came up with an idea maybe Tenno should play a kind of ball game.

(Tennos needs entertainment,maybe ?)

Player's gun are switch to a ball launcher.

The ball is carried like  data units.

The launcher allow tenno to pass or shoot.(the ammo will be the ball) 

Try take over the ball from your opponent,and launch it to the goal.(Force Tennos to use acrobatic maneuver to take over the ball or to protect it)

All attack do staggering but force the attecked to drop the ball.

All ability will do no damage , but the effect still exist.(such as freeze,switchteleport) 

Well, that is just our imagination for pvp.

And i don't really think pvp should always have exclusive award,why not do it for fun ? 

Edited by Rozgriz