Update 15.2.0

[DE]Rebecca

Seriously? ...Seriously? After like a month or two of arguing over Excal, you change him up. I dealt with the LoS with radial blind, and the new Radial Javelin made him genuinely useful again. I was having a lot of fun. Then You nerf the power you JUST changed because people were over-farming Viver? Bloody hell...I was having fun. Just remove LoS from Javelin...and I also don't see why a magnetic pulse to destabilize shileds needs LoS either.

My goodness...As a new player I am already having difficult time playing my Excalibur before this nerf.. though I liked it when they changed Radial Javelin into auto seeking blades instead of projectile based skill BUT now? the nerf on Excalibur... :( dear lord help me farm for an Ash with this nerf

Congratulations. 

I don't even have Viver unlocked, and somehow this has resulted in 3 of my favorite (and already highly situational frames) being nerfed, with Mag and Excalibur being annihilated into the ground.

Not going to spend a single cent in this game until the devs can figure out how to actually balance a game and take their time considering the implications before pushing out a new patch. 

0/10 patch.

Edit:

Why would you nerf 3 frames instead of changing the level to begin with? What about all the other frames with no LoS-restrictive skills like Rhino Saryn Banshee, just to name a few? Absolutely no thought put into this patch.

Edited by AdjutantAvocado

Well the point of using Radial Javelin is to hit the other enemies when you're completely surrounded. 

Then mop up the remaining enemies that took cover.

It makes it dynamic! :p

I don't know about you, but I genuinely don't like it when a Warframe has a "Push X to win" button. It eliminates Dominant Strategy.

No offense to you, but this have one large flaw, it takes around 3.5 sec to even get up from radial jav. If you are surrounded with exca only thing that can save you atm is super jump and not for long. Try 40+ grineer it takes 1 sec to even cast that thing and 2.5 sec to get up. With new line of sight you cant "stun" or kill all targets in radius because they are behind crates ( not to mention in late game radial becomes only CC ) and only one grineer is needed to take you down in second before you can even pull out your sword from ground. But im sure on Earth its fine kill some mobs then clean rest. So it isnt "Push 4 to win".

Only safe play was hide behind cover, then cast but you cant do that anymore.

Edited by Faith666cz

This game have a good community, show some love to DE.

Viver farming is effective but is abnormal and boring, it is a factory producing REP.

Syndicate should pursuit as a long term goal like the master rank that will grow over time and no need to rush for it. 

Perhaps consider the damage fall off with distance system may have solve the problem, this also benefit to the new people to use radial javelin when surrounded by enemy. As we know, most of the enemy is behind cover.

But it was the only way to stop players from abusing this system.

The one thing you totally ignore, abusers WILL abuse. Following your idea, we should nerf Capture void, remove Spy/Deception/Sabotage Alerts and missions as a whole (Abused by volt, lol), make survival mobs drop nothing (People go there to FARM, how come they ignore other nodes nerf it, nerf it!).

That way we can return to the good old times where armor penetration was a thing and all nodes gave 1000 credits as reward.

lowbies are happy that MR17's are getting hit in the nuts "its not fair that its hard for me and not hard for them, take away everything they love so I feel better"

things left to nerf:

Boltor Prime

Brakk

Dragon Nikana

Zoren flight speed, infact remove zorencopter all together since we have air melee

Rhino Stomp Range

Nova Molecular Prime Range

Ash/Loki Invisibility duration and crit damage

better get on that Scott too much fun is being had gotta cut em down to newbie level again, gotta be fair afterall.

Edited by TheBulitt

guess the time has finally come, i usually never post anything in update threads, i usually take my time ot test the changes, and make well thought considerations, but this time that's not necesary, and this time i actually have to say what i think about the update, i'll be quick.

forst of all, the excalibur, trinity, and mag nerfs are compleatly uncalled for, they are clearly a reaction to the viver farm and compleatly ignore the effect this has on the frames beyond said use, if you wanted to kill off viver you would have done less harm by simply erasing it from the starmap, not to mention there's many other frames with just as effective ways to abuse viver as the nerfed 3, it was just the most common squad.

as many have said before the main problem was not viver, it was the syndicate sistem, even if you made the grindwall so huge in order to avoid players from singlehandedly getting every single syndicate offering, the standing requirements were ridiculously high, and with one having to use standing to pay for offerings (and ranking DOWN if your standing level went bellow a rank's required level, thus having to make the same sacrifices again), the sacrifices were just as ridiculous.

i really hope you revert the changes to excalibur, trinity and mag, and if you still have issues with viver then make changes in the node, as the problem was there, not in the warframes.

The one thing you totally ignore, abusers WILL abuse. Following your idea, we should nerf Capture void, remove Spy/Deception/Sabotage Alerts and missions as a whole (Abused by volt, lol), make survival mobs drop nothing (People go there to FARM, how come they ignore other nodes nerf it, nerf it!).

That way we can return to the good old times where armor penetration was a thing and all nodes gave 1000 credits as reward.

Dear lord, Remember Armor penetration? Thank goodness they did away with that!

lowbies are happy that MR17's are getting hit in the nuts "its not fair that its hard for me and not hard for them, take away everything they love so I feel better"

things left to nerf:

Boltor Prime

Brakk

Dragon Nikana

Zoren flight speed, infact remove zorencopter all together since we have air melee

Rhino Stomp Range

Nova Molecular Prime Range

Ash/Loki Invisibility duration and crit damage

better get on that Scott too much fun is being had gotta cut em down to newbie level again, gotta be fair afterall.

Don't be ridiculous! They would never nerf their beloved Nikana that arguably had most of the time spent on it regarding melee 2.0.

Ok DE since its so funny, i'd like to tell some jokes

Joke 1 : Cmon DE you don't need to focus on the players that have been by your side the whole entire time, its just not in your line of sight.

Joke 2 : I mean excaliber he was trash anyway right, and trinity was so 1960's who plays healers these days anyway. and Mag, who even cares about giant magnets anyway lets face it last time we cared about magnets was back in science class but really we haven't been in school for a while so its irreverent, but screw it nobody cares about physics anyway.

Joke 3 : Last time i checked spec savers were doing a pretty good deal for 2 for 1 on glasses, sounds like a good deal to me (line of sight)

Joke 4 : Hey DE you know the range on saryn ulti pretty great nobody cared about the damage anyway, lets make it a heal instead. then it would be useful

Joke 5 : i guess the new suggestion for nucleur warefare should take some suggestions from the ol' hellion dregs i mean, if we had given that idea to a few trigger happy nations we would be winning wars faster. Or lost you never know

Joke 6 : by the way, i think tower 4 is too easy with our freshly nurfed frames! might want to add another 100% damage increase and throw in a few more mod reductions, i mean cmon, 50 is way too high nowerdays.

Joke 7 : in the west part of viver born i was made and amazed on the grinding mission where i spent most of my days, chillin out cappin corpus acting all cool, and bashing some moa's with mah big heavy tool, after a couple of DEVS were up to no good, they nerfed everything under my hood, I did 60 minutes to long and the community got scared, and rabecca said, "were making nerfs and reducing vivir back to the dead."

Joke 8 : Knock knock.... whos there..... its the care workers, we'd like to take excal prime back to the vegetable factory...

Joke 9 : hey guys wanna hear a joke, grand master founder

Joke 10 : Whats the diference between DE and star wars, at least the Jedi actually listen to the council

Joke 11: when lotus said, "leave nothing alive" i didnt think they ment the Liset.

Joke 12 : Whats faster than running a T1 capture mission,everyone leaving due to this patch

• Radial Javelin:  All enemies within radius of this ability will now be hit with a javelin.  Instead of having this ability radiate out from Excalibur, javelins will now spawn directly around opponents. Javelins will optimize to find a point on each enemy that is safe to be hit, bypassing enemies that may be holding shields or otherwise in cover. There is also no longer a target maximum for this ultimate, meaning anyone in the radius will be an eligible target. Additionally, if the javelin does not kill the enemy, each target that survives will be put into stun for a brief period of time.

Going back on that after announcing what a great change it was. Another example of pure reactionary 'balancing' in an attempt to solve a problem that lies much deeper that you are admitting to see.

This +1

Radial Blind - Line of sight

Radial Javaline - Line of Sight

well maybe in the future:

Slash Dash - Line of Sight

Super Jump - Line of Sight

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  . . . . . . . . . .  .. . . . .  . . . ..  you just dig the grave for excalibur.

Edited by --Q--Gasz

Joke 1 : Cmon DE you don't need to focus on the players that have been by your side the whole entire time, its just not in your line of sight.

Joke 2 : I mean excaliber he was trash anyway right, and trinity was so 1960's who plays healers these days anyway. and Mag, who even cares about giant magnets anyway lets face it last time we cared about magnets was back in science class but really we haven't been in school for a while so its irreverent, but screw it nobody cares about physics anyway.

Joke 3 : Last time i checked spec savers were doing a pretty good deal for 2 for 1 on glasses, sounds like a good deal to me (line of sight)

Joke 4 : Hey DE you know the range on saryn ulti pretty great nobody cared about the damage anyway, lets make it a heal instead. then it would be useful

Joke 5 : i guess the new suggestion for nucleur warefare should take some suggestions from the ol' hellion dregs i mean, if we had given that idea to a few trigger happy nations we would be winning wars faster. Or lost you never know

Joke 6 : by the way, i think tower 4 is too easy with our freshly nurfed frames! might want to add another 100% damage increase and throw in a few more mod reductions, i mean cmon, 50 is way too high nowerdays.

Joke 7 : in the west part of viver born i was made and amazed on the grinding mission where i spent most of my days, chillin out cappin corpus acting all cool, and bashing some moa's with mah big heavy tool, after a couple of DEVS were up to no good, they nerfed everything under my hood, I did 60 minutes to long and the community got scared, and rabecca said, "were making nerfs and reducing vivir back to the dead."

Joke 8 : Knock knock.... whos there..... its the care workers, we'd like to take excal prime back to the vegetable factory...

Joke 10 : Whats the diference between DE and star wars, at least the Jedi actually listen to the council

Joke 11: when lotus said, "leave nothing alive" i didnt think they ment the Liset.

Joke 12 : Whats faster than running a T1 capture mission,everyone leaving due to this patch

Best

Forever

we forgot the nade joke....

Whats funnier than a grenade? one thrown at the pod on wave 40 in T4D.

Edited by Versuvious

First post, best post. You rock. Number nine kinda hurt though... but only because it kinda echoes my feelings right now.

Oh wow, that's great stuff right there.

They had a chance and they blew it.

This update was just a swift punch in the face to founders. I think I'll take my leave until they fix things properly or actually begin listening to the players and council. This is just sad.

HELLO I AM FROM THE FUTURE, IVE SEEN PEOPLE
USING MAX RANGE BLADESTORM AT VIVER! NEW WAY OF PRESS 4 TO WIN REPU FARM

ASH will be NERFED NEXT , LINE OF SIGHT BLADDERSTORM

IM HERE CUZ SO U KNOW WAT TO EXPECT SO U WILL NO CRI HARD. TENNO. 

Edited by Ritchel