The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 15.2.0

[DE]Rebecca

I read through the patch notes srolling down in anticipation of the rep boost of some type (sigils, increased gain, etc.).  Nope nothing.  So disapointed.

So not only were you disappointed about not getting a more efficient and fun change to Syndicates, but you learn that Excalibur is unnecessarily weakened? It hasn't been a good day for you, has it? Don't worry. These changes hopefully won't be permanent.

OK DE I cant help but feel you threw out the baby with the bath water in the resent changes.

50 mod in a mission to handle "performance":

- If you needed to reduce the number of mod entities for performance then certaintly having all mods automatically given to players on them being dropped would remove any need to have mods shown thus removed all performance issues of them existing as entities within the game.

- One of the bigest lag issues is caused by loot always being linked between host and client (im sure everyone is aware of ppl waiting minuites to pick up resources/mods).  This causes huge amounts of unneeded network traffic (bandwitdh useage) when having them individually handled by the client rather than the host would achieve the same result and needing only one stream of network traffic for when the loot is initially spawned.  This would leave vast about of bandwidth for mods needing to be linked with the sparkles.

- This is effectivly removing loot within what is currently a game about loot.

Interception Nodes:

- The change to the style of play is fine, however the game play is still an issue.  Players need to cap points but enemies simply need to use a consol.  The issue being Tenno can actualy hack any consol the enemy employs so should effectivly beable to hack these consol themselves (its inconsistent gameplay).  Likewise both enemies and players should be caping the points by proximity for consistent gameplay.

- enemies having initial control of the consols actually make some sence.  Though having the cap amount be reduced by enemies capping and players capping increasing this would make far more sence (Ie. counter measures to lotus hacking vs more access points for lotus to hack from)

Warframe Changes:

- Limbo: this makes sence, having it stacking seemed more a bug than a feature anyway

- LoS limitations: this has effectivly crippled powers, and even in the case of Radial Javelin you changed it away from LoS for some good reasons, are they no longer reasons that are any good?

- I honestly never played Excal or Mag since ranking and Trinity for quite some time before again using them on Viver (im sure many others didnt either), it actually gave some reason to play those frames again.  It also lead to me using them on other missions as well, it actually showed me they can provide some fun in the game.  Unfortunatly they are fairly much back to being less fun than my prefered frames with the changes, so back to thier cryopods they go.

Syndicates:

- Honestly all I can ask is for you to go play a few non-syndicate missions.  Then calculate how long it would take you personally to get to the ranks for that syndicate and ask yourself is that really how many missions/time you want players to take to actually get somewhere.

- Typically I've found it will take a good 50-100 normal missions just to hit rank 1 of any syndicate and some 20-50 normal missions to purchase the lowest costing syndicate gear.

- All in all it makes syndicates pointless not desirable to all but the most hardcore of players.

Note: I expect this to be lost in the flurry of posts.  Though I guess I likely should thank you on these changes, as it most likely will give me time to put into other games I've been meaning to get to.

THIS ^

Rip Viver and any usefulness of Excal or Trinity's energy Vampire in any other map.

"Hey I need some energy."

"Sure just let me get over there, because range mods are now worthless on my abilities."

or

"OMG They're all around me. Better Javelin them." Lol nope. You still die.

Forgot to mention Mag's nerf too. GG WP.

Edited by S3EK3R

Kneejerk reactions around real problems that are not adressed and repeatedly ignored.

Letting the entire rest of the game suffer because you can't admit to having made mistakes.

Very little thought went into these changes. Rooms were never designed with LoS in mind, abilities weren't either.

To me as a paying player it is extremely disappointing that you as paid professionals can't come up with better solutions to obvious problems.

EDIT: Also did you not just change Radial Javelin to be less affected by line of sight to allow for better targeting?

Ah, found it:

• Radial Javelin:  All enemies within radius of this ability will now be hit with a javelin.  Instead of having this ability radiate out from Excalibur, javelins will now spawn directly around opponents. Javelins will optimize to find a point on each enemy that is safe to be hit, bypassing enemies that may be holding shields or otherwise in cover. There is also no longer a target maximum for this ultimate, meaning anyone in the radius will be an eligible target. Additionally, if the javelin does not kill the enemy, each target that survives will be put into stun for a brief period of time.

Going back on that after announcing what a great change it was. Another example of pure reactionary 'balancing' in an attempt to solve a problem that lies much deeper that you are admitting to see.

This!

I understand Viver, but...

Some people are already more or less maxed out, so you successfully made them extremly happy and the "latecomers" angry. "Well" done!

Please, could you remove ALL abilities of the excalibur. I mean, that way, there would be a tantrum once and that is it. But if you continue to make this senseless decision, you will perpetually piss of your customers. So, yeah, new update "well" done again!

So not only were you disappointed about not getting a more efficient and fun change to Syndicates, but you learn that Excalibur is unnecessarily weakened? It hasn't been a good day for you, has it? Don't worry. These changes hopefully won't be permanent.

Umm, pardon but DE is slowly gaining a reputation to not listening to the main community player base.

Whoa, I just realized...Devstream coming up. Guess we all know what it'll be about.

I may actually watch this one. I want to see what they have to say about all this and what their plans are. The changes may not affect me negatively, but it affects the newer players as well as anyone who likes those weakened frames, and that I do not approve of.

Umm, pardon but DE is slowly gaining a reputation to not listening to the main community player base.

Don't remind me. Melee stances being drops still makes me angry, but I'm giving them some leeway due to their intelligent decision to remove ability mods from the drop table.

I may actually watch this one. I want to see what they have to say about all this and what their plans are. The changes may not affect me negatively, but it affects the newer players as well as anyone who likes those weakened frames, and that I do not approve of.

I myself haven't watched them since I enjoy surprises, but I'm definitely going to go out of my way to watch this one.

Kneejerk reactions around real problems that are not adressed and repeatedly ignored.

Letting the entire rest of the game suffer because you can't admit to having made mistakes.

Very little thought went into these changes. Rooms were never designed with LoS in mind, abilities weren't either.

To me as a paying player it is extremely disappointing that you as paid professionals can't come up with better solutions to obvious problems.

EDIT: Also did you not just change Radial Javelin to be less affected by line of sight to allow for better targeting?

Ah, found it:

• Radial Javelin:  All enemies within radius of this ability will now be hit with a javelin.  Instead of having this ability radiate out from Excalibur, javelins will now spawn directly around opponents. Javelins will optimize to find a point on each enemy that is safe to be hit, bypassing enemies that may be holding shields or otherwise in cover. There is also no longer a target maximum for this ultimate, meaning anyone in the radius will be an eligible target. Additionally, if the javelin does not kill the enemy, each target that survives will be put into stun for a brief period of time.

Going back on that after announcing what a great change it was. Another example of pure reactionary 'balancing' in an attempt to solve a problem that lies much deeper that you are admitting to see.

Silver lining is that I didn't have to write this myself.

I don't even see the reason to nerd Viver, it was hard enough to set up farming without the right crew and mods, and it didn't even damage DE or their systems, it was just a way for players to avoid a massive grind wall for Syndicates. If DE actually played and tried to accomplish getting fat in syndicates instead of just throwing it as the "end-game" with no incentive, they would china he and reconsider. These nerds are insane, LoS is ridiculous and doesn't even make sense for some of them. Been playing this game since day 1, Master Founder and I feel so betrayed.

Very disappointing and unprofessional decision DE, either way you look at it you chose to punish all your players, both those who were playing viver with that custom setup that allowed them to gain more standing with your syndicates, cause maybe for some was fun or less fun doing so, but they were spending time in your game and it does take time either way is not like they were snapping their fingers and boom instant standing , those booster aren't free also for those who chose to use them , but what worse you punished those who were playing on their own steady pace and were enjoyed their favorite frames both inside and outside one map, thus having their own fun.

The best and logical solution would have been either change the map like Cerberus one or disable it completely til you would gather more feedback or find a method to improve syndicate gaining, what am i to understand from all this. that you want your players to turn into endless grinders with sole purpose to grind more and you have no desire at all to listen to your community and work a solution that suits all players and not just some or others?

It used to be more fun of a game with its good and bad, you have something of great potential here don't drown it in a grind fest completely; you showed promise for something new and actually good in the free to play model, that can be learned from, for a game than can evolve in so many beautiful ways and diverse game styles all in the same universe and you showed you can have fun playing it in your own and each way being legit at same time(not using third party programs), so i urge you go back in bringing the fun more in the game(i remember Minky saying once about the frames design not being so serious cause it was meant to be funny,thus not make you feel like a burden but something fun to play with) and give each player\s that option of having that fun in their own way and their own pace before we lost completely in a maze of insanity due to all the nerfs and grind taken to extremes. 

Same goes for the community let's step aside egos and stop trying to force things just in one direction onto others , let's stop with: you using x or y frame or gun cause of n reasons instead of playing with something else, or on the other side "my gun is bigger than yours" kinda mentality, because at the end of the day we all "living in the same "universe" (warframe)" and if we not going to respect each other ways of fun and each others as people\players it won't be a winning side but a destruction of this universe, are we united only when these kind of things happens? and strangely this proves we all care about this game, can't we be more open to each other preferences too instead of cutting it right down to an extreme as well. 

We got the power to make a pleasant environment for all and you, DE had the power to create this environment for which i am grateful and you also have the power to make it fun for all, if we/you chose to.

Edited by -CM-Raven

I don't even see the reason to nerd Viver, it was hard enough to set up farming without the right crew and mods, and it didn't even damage DE or their systems, it was just a way for players to avoid a massive grind wall for Syndicates. If DE actually played and tried to accomplish getting fat in syndicates instead of just throwing it as the "end-game" with no incentive, they would china he and reconsider. These nerds are insane, LoS is ridiculous and doesn't even make sense for some of them. Been playing this game since day 1, Master Founder and I feel so betrayed.

With no disrespect for the Devs, they have already shown they do not play as fresh players, but privileged devs.

OK I just played a few rounds of mission just to see the changes.

Most notably is grineer buff. Even lancers can now throw grenades at you (eat through 720 shielding instantly) with so much precision, the grenade can land on your feet when you're taking cover one floor above them and being 20m (more, even) away. Have I mentioned all of them are capable of this feat the moment you take cover? Because AI.

Is that what you wanted DE? Using cover system? This is absolutely ridiculous.

The enemies have aimbot to instantly remove us whenever we're out of or behind cover, and YOU NERFED THE FRAME POWER SO THAT WE MUST HAVE LINE OF SIGHT TO EVEN TARGET THINGS WITH POWER?!!

Please, tell me the logic behind the nerf, and not the "because reason" kind of explanation.

"Mag’s Shield Polarize will now check for line of sight when targeting enemies."

i know this was needed but really???? this makes no sense because magnetic can go THROUGH objects, it would have been better if youd just say it gets weaker the father it is away

And I thought Energy Vampire just releases a wave of energy to nearby allies, not LoS needed.. Why the fudge

Was it their use of team work or their dedication that set you off, DE? We weren't playing the game you wanted us to but we were having fun and making good progress while doing it. Not only that, you effected everyone else outside of your little upset. Keep nerfing the game until it's under the ground. See how your staff that actually play the game feel about it.

RIP Mag

RIP Trinity

RIP Excalibur

RIP Banshee (Coming Soon)