Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Not Los On All Abilities?

Murmur

Any ability that DE thinks breaks the way they intend the game to be played receives a LoS nerf.

Personally, I welcome LoS changes. But giving abilities LoS restrictions is, in most cases, only solving half the problem. I feel abilities like Radial Javelin should just receive complete reworks to how they function. As it is, it's just an inferior Radial Blind (which also has LoS).

I hate fun too.

You wanna talk about how we hate fun together?

Man I hate fun.

I hate fun too.

You wanna talk about how we hate fun together?

Man I hate fun.

I'm not sure which orifice you pulled your snark from, because that's definitely not what I implied.

In fact, the only thing I'm certain about is that you didn't read past "Personally, I welcome LoS changes." Have you ever played an ARPG before? Do you know how they're balanced?

My point is that LoS is needed on certain abilities, but that they should also be given additional utilities or they should be buffed in other ways to make up for it.

Think before you post next time.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

It's because DE doesn't want people earning rep at a rate that actually allows you to buy things without grinding for 1000 hours. If people can figure out how to use other non-LOS abilities to kill lots of enemies and earn lots of rep, they will undoubtedly be changed to LOS.

Or DE could have just altered Viver or the actual root of the problem which was the excessive syndicate grind.

These nerfs were clearly just a response to Viver, they would not have been here otherwise, and that was a pretty dull move from DE.

Or DE could have just altered Viver or the actual root of the problem which was the excessive syndicate grind.

These nerfs were clearly just a response to Viver, they would not have been here otherwise, and that was a pretty dull move from DE.

DE tends to make adjustments to the game based on their surface appearances, rather than tackling the root of their problems. It's probably because addressing the Syndicate grind would take more time than to just chop off the top of the weed, so to speak. A bit disappointing, but it keeps happening time and time again.

I just want some consistency. I don't mind things being toned down if they need it. And sure, the whole Viver thing was pretty crazy. But enemy auras don't require LOS, some warframe abilities don't require LOS, but now, three abilites from three warframes now require LOS, and those three happen to be the ones that made Viver what it was. Just seems to me like there was a better solution for all of this. Maybe several. There were a ton of good ideas posted around the forums, but I guess DE wanted to go down this route instead.

I hope there are some buffs around the board coming soon. There are a lot of things that could be bumped up a bit.

DE tends to make adjustments to the game based on their surface appearances, rather than tackling the root of their problems. It's probably because addressing the Syndicate grind would take more time than to just chop off the top of the weed, so to speak. A bit disappointing, but it keeps happening time and time again.

Doesn't make it right really. Not saying that you were implying that, but at some point DE needs to stop making things worse by band-aiding stuffs and look at the actual issue.

I mean the powers they nerfed were the exact same people commented on for Viver, no one with more than a brain cell can get fooled as to why they were suddendly changed like this, DE can say all they want on the subject. Nerfing something across the entire game because of one map is wrong and ridiculous.

Have you ever seen DE make a blanket change to every single warframe in one update? No. This is no doubt just the first wave.

Edit: You guys DO know that Syndicates are NOT supposed to be maxed in less than a week, right? They were supposed to be a long term goal to be played alongside the game itself. The "grind" you're all complaining about is intended. I tell ya, this forum is a cesspool of people screaming instant gratification. And once they get it, they scream for more content.

Edited by SoulEchelon

1) Stomp is a seismic wave, why would it stop at a wall?

2) Cataclysm is a bubble.

3) Avalanche has ice falling down onto enemies, not much a wall will do there.

4) Tentacle Swarm... I got nothing,

5) World on Fire is literally fire coming up out of the ground around Ember.

Pretty much some abilities don't entirely make sense to stop at a wall with how they are described.

Still don't understand why SP needs a line of sight, and why it utterly stops at a wall. It magnetic waves for crying out loud. 

Edited by Aeronomatic

Have you ever seen DE make a blanket change to every single warframe in one update? No. This is no doubt just the first wave.

Edit: You guys DO know that Syndicates are NOT supposed to be maxed in less than a week, right? They were supposed to be a long term goal to be played alongside the game itself. The "grind" you're all complaining about is intended. I tell ya, this forum is a cesspool of people screaming instant gratification. And once they get it, they scream for more content.

That could eventually happen, no doubt about that, but what's a shame is that the chosen frames to begin with were the considered most effective in farming Syndicate points. And that was one of the few things this WF could contribute in endgame. I'd not call that a coincidence.

DE is burning the house instead of cleaning and tidying it up. This is a complete nonsense.

That could eventually happen, no doubt about that, but what's a shame is that the chosen frames to begin with were the considered most effective in farming Syndicate points. And that was one of the few things this WF could contribute in endgame. I'd not call that a coincidence.

DE is burning the house instead of cleaning and tidying it up. This is a complete nonsense.

I'm just having a "wait and see" attitude towards it all. I'd be lying if I said I knew what DE was up to. But yes, you're right about them focusing on the warframes that were the bigger problem children Viver-wise.

I dunno. I'm simply guessing they'll be doing a blanket sweep on all the warframes. If they do, then I PERSONALLY wouldn't mind. I do like more challenge in my gameplay. But yeah, people will rage.

Because you have to make eye contact with a magnet for it to exert magnetism on you.

^

It's because DE doesn't want people earning rep at a rate that actually allows you to buy things without grinding for 1000 hours. If people can figure out how to use other non-LOS abilities to kill lots of enemies and earn lots of rep, they will undoubtedly be changed to LOS.

Yep.

I'm just having a "wait and see" attitude towards it all. I'd be lying if I said I knew what DE was up to. But yes, you're right about them focusing on the warframes that were the bigger problem children Viver-wise.

I dunno. I'm simply guessing they'll be doing a blanket sweep on all the warframes. If they do, then I PERSONALLY wouldn't mind. I do like more challenge in my gameplay. But yeah, people will rage.

The thing is, look at the powers that were nerfed, looked at the most used powers on viver. This was definitely a choice that was exclusively based on viver alone.

I wouldn't mind if they decided to apply this in a well thought out balance pass, but the changes are just too big of a coincidence to think the reasons behind them were anything but viver.