Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

7.8.1: Some Sort Of Compromise?

SparklyNoises

Hardly

Why?

Because people with inconsistent connections (not me, I just care) who were never troubled by this before are still feeling the blowback from 7.8.0 and refuse to play.

I especially like the part where it wasn't even acknowledged during the stream even though they had enough time to jerk it over player count despite everyone I know, literal scores of Warframe fans, have stopped playing.

So congratulations on contradicting your own design philosophy to sooth the burn people get from defense missions.

The game is still broken.

This thread is for other people to discuss this topic and propose alternatives and compromises.

Or you know, white knight with the beta shield against someone who isn't even reading your responses.

I've said my piece multiple times already, so I'm done.

I think he's upset that DCs, which can be caused by poor connection is currently robbing people of the hard fought rewards of playing the game.

If you have the slightest of hiccups you'll find that you're going to lose everything that you had gotten during the mission as if you had personally quit/failed.

I do agree that this is something that needs to be looked into for the people who dont have rock solid internet all the time.

Edited by Tsukinoki

This thread is for other people to discuss this topic and propose alternatives and compromises.

I think everyone on the forum knows that this is going to very quickly degenerate into yet another match of people throwing tantrums at each other. No offense, but your hostile tone in the opening doesn't exactly help matters.

Having said that, I feel the recent change of keeping loot on wave checkpoints is, if not a decent compromise, a step in the right direction in the right direction. It removes a large part of the largely unnecessary risk of defense missions by removing part of said risk at every five waves. I feel better about pushing past wave 15 knowing all my previous stuff is in the bag. 

As for disconnection issues, I'm wondering if the game can detect a difference between a lost connection and an aborted mission/quit game. While some people may resort to pulling the cable/hitting the "off" switch, there comes a point where preventing people from using loopholes hurts a larger number of people as well. 

Edited by KaikelX

Forgot to mention, but Shaftronics raises a good point.

Sure, they might not have mentioned it in the Livestream, but they still at least DID something about it. Maybe it's just me, but I've never seen Devs so responsive and active to the community. Heck, DE_Rebecca posting outside of the official announcement stuff caught me by surprise more than once.

Internet tantrum in he morning? This does not bode well.

I think 7.8.1 offered a good middle ground for defense mission. Saving at interval of 5 wave in defense looked like a good choice for me. I like normal mission with meaningful defeat.

However, the DC problem is going to be hard to solve. I'm sure that they can differentiate between abort/quit command and the actual DC. However, I think that they made the change with something in mind for future updates. A grace period around 1- 1.5 minute that you can return to last mission after DC would be a good idea. However, no modifications in loadout/mod are allowed during the grace period - preventing unfair advantage over the game, especially with Clan vs Clan feature on the horizon.

Also, PLEASE, for the love of god, fix the "bug" (not sure if intentional) that makes it so people cannot join your game if the host disconnects and you host migrate....Getting stuck at wave 1 endless defense with no one being able to join is VERY annoying.

While I can definitely understand and appreciate the OP and his troubles, please try and remain calm and see that the devs are really doing everything they can in a very balance and fair way to make the game the best it can be. They literally changed the way defense missions worked right away. They did this in my opinion because they have their fingers on the pulse of their fans and understand that the way they have it set up now is really the best way possible.

At the same time, I am sure they are working on something to address this issue, but please if you think they don't care, then I would suggest you go play Mass Effect 1 through 3 then go on the Bioware forums and see what kind of a response (none) you will get to the PLETHORA of horrible things they have done to both their games and their fans.

The devs behind Warframe are my favorite kind: They don't talk much and they take action quickly to change things after having understood what their fans want because the devs are gamers as well.

I think we're lucky, and I hope they keep it up. Have faith, they will help you too ;)