Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Augment Ideology And Suggestions

Epicagemo

Edit: Title may have been mis-leading. Old title->"Augments are... still a flop." Diagnosing, I think I was hoping to get some cool ideas somewhere. These are my ideas and what the augments should be changed into. The Idea of Augments being used to buff bad things to make them usable is silly, but I don't want to argue on either side on this post.

Many of the augments are underwhelming. 90% of augments buff unpopular and weak abilities. Therefore, many of the augments will be left untouched and pointless.

Noble_Cactus, on 07 Nov 2014 - 7:30 PM, said:

"Most of the augments are straight garbage... is just not worth the grind and having to spend reputation points to acquire said mod...The other augments feel like they should be a part of the ability already. My greatest concern is that DE will continue to release augments for abilities based on buff suggestions instead of buffing the base ability..."

There have been no changes to the Augments in the patch notes.

I hope the current augments as of 15.2 are place holders. Many of them need to be replaced with better ones!

My Suggestions:

Ex.

(rework+buff base ability) Soul Punch... Self explanatory. Bad, single target, and requires pin point accuracy. Making the current Soul Survivor into a buff would encourage players to use this skill normally.  What would replace it then? Instead we could have had Soul Survivor do a QT Style protection pooling from Shadows of the Dead, (which requires kills) and promotes Nekros not to only use Desecrate 100% of the time. So each time Nekros gets to 2 HP, one of the soul Nekros has in store is used as instant Regen (or QT protection with cool-down and knocks down the attacker). Hence the "Soul Survivor". Of course that could be OP as Nekros can stay alive forever as long as he can keep killing... but that is a balancing issue. Not my job :)

(change)Fireball is quite useful, but the augment is terrible. Fireball Frenzy can be changed to have this effect: On cast:Ember shoots multiple fireballs based on rank (of Fireball ability on Ember). This augment only applies to one ability, but makes it worth having.

(buff)Shock Trooper's current effects could be given to Volt also as a passive ability. So it would also be a

However, there are many augments that would probably have to be scrapped if my ideology went into the patch notes.

These Augment ideas should have been applied as buffs instead of being added as "Augments".

E: The point of these changes(above) are meant to suggest some changes while keeping the names of the old mods.

Augments should NOT buff a SINGULAR ability, rather the whole frame (or attempt to) AND we should get separate slot(s) EXCLUSIVELY for augments-similar to the Aura slot. As fear as we're returning to the "=" dilemma again of "using one ability"... "that one ability has more effective utility than the rest of them. I'm just going to only use MPrime then." Buffing the WHOLE FRAME also provides the benefit of not being too underpowered or overwhelming(them 4s).

An attempt or example of mine:

Overheat (yay) Augment. dont hate :P

Each time Ember casts an ability, she gains a "Fire Charge" for the respective amounts->Fireball=1 Accel=2, Fireblast(needs serious reworking)=3...etc. (for a maximum of 10 or "n"), each charge lasting 8 seconds (and the stack is renewed by more stacks). These "Fire Charges" provide similar effects of the old ability (but are unaffected by Power strength) 5(or n)% DR and a 3(or n)% bonus to Power strength. She also gets a small Damaging fire aura around her.

My previous feelings on augments and where the quote comes from: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/341620-disappointed-by-syndicate-augment-mods/

I had a lot of fun thinking of these ideas, I hope you have as much fun reading it!

Edited by Epicagemo

I like how you suggest a flawed "buff" and then state the flaw, and then happily say that it's not your problem. That doesn't make the dev's seem bad, it just makes you look stupid for suggesting it in the first place.

I like how you suggest a flawed "buff" and then state the flaw, and then happily say that it's not your problem. That doesn't make the dev's seem bad, it just makes you look stupid for suggesting it in the first place.

I don't see it point it out please :P

i believe the point of the augments were for abilities that were underused to make them more viable. just like the weapon mods. i can't really agree with that statement fitting in place of some of the abilities that got mods, ie hall of mirrors. also they've already stated that there are more things coming to syndicate rewards, so don't really expect this to be all we get for augment mods.