Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic/open] Strength Of Will

Artemis_Frame

OK so this is my first time trying out the RP so if I mess up somewhere sorry.

Rules:  Please post OOC posts like this: [OOC; 'what you want to say'] Note: must be in square brackets please!

Posting of IC posts does not need brackets, IC posts may also be allowed to give better detailed discriptions

of some things I may have discribed in the starting post, and discriptions of certian areas added by you.

If you bring your own characters from another story into this one then you may keep the previous story as

personal history for those characters. 

Everything posted may be far from or close to the current setting but must have something to do with the 

current setting please.

You do not need to ask my permission to join in on this RP.

Please follow all community rules and please do not openly use profannity language use it like this: Sh@!t

if you must.

And please if you'd like to give me advise on something or ask me something before you post it or join in

then please message me!

Do not attack other RP'ers with insults unless it is to keep IC.

Oh and if you post something which follows up directly after a previous post then please quote that post so

that your fellow writers know where your post comes into the story, if it is in another setting not mentioned

before then just post a fairly good discription of the setting and what is happening in it, and remember,

please it must join into the current story somehow, not have its own story that has nothing to do with the

current one.

MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL:

ENJOY YOURSELF AND HAVE FUN!!!!!

For this RP I want to make it interesting by starting it with a suspense moment, BUT, I want you to join me

in creating the events (from how far back doesn't matter) that led up to this moment and once we've reached this point we shall continue until

we've come to the ending of the RP. 

I hope you enjoy this and hope to see many of your characters join in this!

Setting:

As a stream of blood runs down his arm and drips down into a pool of blood on the metalic floor from his ring finger, Colden, an exceptional Volt tenno, looks at the scratch marks on his right arm, deep wounds inflicted by the now dead infested runners laying around him. In a faint voice behind him he hears a voice calling out to him; "Colden!... *panting, gasping for air*... you did... it..."; he looks back at a Nova lying against a wall, her helmet lying beside her; "Its not the last, we need to move now while we have a chance... *sigh*... I know this will be hard, but please bear with it, we need to get you to a safer spot, and fast."; Colden said in a rather calm voice, picking up his helmet and turning to her and walking over, as he helped her up, a voice came over the ship's intercom; "Ahaha, so... you survived, what a wondeful expectation met! Hehe, don't worry, my dear friends! This is merely the beginning of a wonderfull relationship! I'll see you guys soon!"; The intercom zaps off and an uneasy silence rises in the Galleon.

"Kiran, the others should be near. Let's just hope they also survived."; Colden said, Kiran, the Nova looking up at him with a sense of hope in her eyes, a hope that they might still make it alive of this Grineer Galleon. "Their alive, I know it!"; she said. Colden said nothing and helped her walk thinking about the voice, it was female, rather fimiliar as well, the thought send a chill down his spine as they entered the next room...

OK from here on we can either create events that led up to the current setting and afterwards requote this setting and then continue or we can just 

continue from here on! Its all up to the first poster! I look forward to see what you guys will post! 

[Alright just going to join in here with my Corpus Mercenary, Maludas Exio. Essentially, he used to be a Corpus Ranger, but splintered from the Corpus faction and now fights alone. Will slowly reveal backstory later I guess.]

Maludas Exio's small, cloaked ship floated by the Grineer Galleon. It was currently in chaos from a multi-Tenno assault on the inside from the looks of it. Perfect. Maludas ejected from his ship and flew to an external port using his modified Ranger jetpack. Unholstering his Opticor cannon, he shot the external blast door in, and calmly entered. After some last checks on his Opticor, Detron, and Plasma Sword, he stepped inside. He walked down the cramped confines of the pipe-like hallways in the Galleon. There were few Grineer in the immediate area, probably due to the the alarm constantly blaring from the Tenno assault. "Heh. Idiot Tenno. Always getting cocky, then brought down by biting off more than they can chew." Maludas calmly strolled down the hallway, failing to notice the Scorpion unit before its grappling hook latched onto his arm.

*TUG* Maludas dropped his Opticor as he was pulled towards the Scorpion. "And here I was, just minding my own business." Maludas quickly unholstered his Detron and blew the lightly armored Scorpion to shreds. "They never learn, do they?" A second alarm suddenly blared in addition to the first. "Dang, probably shouldn't have been so loud... Ah well. Better do what I came here for." Recover the stolen Tenno technology. It was a simple mission, just in and out for some salvaged resources the Grineer had stolen. He picked up his Opticor and was about to continue to the objective, when he had a better idea. "Hey... why settle for some scraps when there are Tenno on board right now?" Maludas quickly switched direction and ran towards the direction of the battle, and therefore, the Tenno. He entered the large hangar where all the commotion was.

It didn't look good. The Grineer had a perimeter of hundreds of elite troops constantly bombarding a sealed room, probably where the Tenno were hiding. Even if he got to them, he'd have to clear out all the Grineer on his own. Suddenly, the doors sealed behind him with a hiss. "Well, guess I'm stuck in here..." The room had a rooftop entrance which the Grineer had apparently neglected in their haste to eradicate the Tenno. Amidst the distraction, Maludas flew over to the entrance, and dropped in the room.

[First off thanks for participating][secondly I like the idea of your mercenary character, would like to see more of him and his endeavours.]

[Ok so from now on we go on from the current situation and create references of past events that led up to the current situation. Coolbeanz]

[Note: only references! Not entire stories! We focus on the current situation at hand.]

As the two entered the next room, they entered a large open space, a hangar, filled with grineer, below them in the hangar, for as they stood upon a walkway at the top of the hangar. No wonder the grineer didn't notice the escaped infested that Colden faced, they were completely occupied. They had massed in the hangar, close to a sealed of door which seemed partially worn out by constant bombardments. Though, putting on his helmet to see if he could pick up any traces of tenno inside the room through his visor, Colden did not see any traces, but another signiture appeared in it, as if it dropped into the room from above.

"Strange, I guess the others managed to find a way out of the room, but surely not through the roof?" Colden commented as he watched. Kiran could now stand a bit better and did not limp anymore, her suit's regenerative aura had healed most of her wounds, but not all of them, Colden's suit could not pick up on and use the aura due to the fact that his aura sensory systems were damaged in the fight with the infested runners. "We should keep moving, and try to figure out where the others are, we don't stand a chance against all of this." Colden said indicating with his hand to a nearby door that would lead to another room, and then looking at all the grineer held up in the hangar. 

As they neared the door, the ship's intercom zapped on again, with the same voice, this time addressing the grineer in the hangar, "You idiots! Why haven't you breached the door yet? Ugh... don't, don't answer that! Go get some mining charges and blow down the frigin door!!", "But that would damage the hull integrity!" a grineer lancer repleid over the communications channel, "Do you think I would care at this stage? Do me a favor and go count all the hull damages and then tell me why this would make a difference!", the voice snapped back, "Fine! You! Go get some mining charges from the armoury! Now!", "Yes sir!", "This better not kill us all!" the grineer lancer said, "OH don't worry! Its not that you have to worry about!", the intercom zapped off again. 

Edited by Artemis_Frame

[Ok. So I’m joining into this story because I just love RP’s (and partly because I have a friend nagging me about it). Forgive my writing style and mistakes for I am no pro. Heck you can’t even call me a rookie. Anyhow, enjoy. Oh and my character is an Excalibur warframe and his backstory will be explained as I go.]

“That women gives me the creeps”, the grineer lancer said. “Where in the Queen’s names is that soldier with the damn bombs!” the grineer lancer shouted in an irritated tone. “You mean this poor fella?” A childish voice said from behind the grineer lancer. In shock he turned and stared at a lime colored Excalibur with a grineer’s head in his hand. “A tenno is meant to erase his presence, not put himself on display for the whole world to see”, Lotus said to the lime colored tenno. “Heh, screw the tenno principles. I make my own rules”, the tenno said in an arrogant manner and the grineer squadron stared at him as if he was crazy. They expected a badass tenno scum… not a child. “Sir, shouldn’t we be shooting him?” a new recruit asked the grineer lancer. “Oh yes! Open fire!” The grineer lancer ordered and bullets went flying at the tenno.

The tenno was a childish idiot but he still knew how to evade bullets. “I was under the impression the tenno order produces only the best of the best?” the grineer lancer asked. “But all I see is a child”. “Nah, I leave that uptight, stick up your @$$ sh!t to Colden. There’s no fun in following the rules”, the lime colored tenno said dodging a few bullets while laughing. Among the tenno he is known as Green Horn and he is the last person you want on your team in a high rank mission, even in low rank missions you don’t want him around. He’s childish, arrogant and a fool, his skills as a fighter isn’t all that good and he doesn’t value the tenno principles one bit. But even so he has a fire in his heart that neither the grineer nor the corpus, not even the stalker can tame and from time to time he’s even more crazy and blood thirsty than a Valkyr frame is.

The tenno enjoyed himself a bit more but ended the fight soon there after with a quick flick of his nanite sword, triggering javelin and impaling all grineer in sight with nanite swords. “That was kinda fun I geuss”, Green Horn said and kicked a lifeless grineer’s corpse. “Back to the mission then, Ok Lotus, where am I heading?”

Edited by Belverin_Frame

Maludas dropped down into the fortified bunker. Activating his shield scanners, he looked around for traces of advanced Tenno shielding systems... and saw none. Increasing the scanner's range, he noticed two signatures, a Volt warframe and a Nova. "Dang it... they must have found another way out while I was breaking in..." Suddenly, an intercom announcement first insulted the Grineer troops, then ordered the obtainment of blast charges to destroy the door. "Well, guess I can't stay in here... better follow those Tenno... but that Volt might be a problem, his shields are rather high..." He quickly got back to the task at hand, climbing out the roof entrance he had came in, and activating his jetpack. However, this time, the Grineer were not quite as oblivious. "Hey! Look up there! Someone's coming out!" a Hellion exclaimed. A Trooper, a recruit by the looks of it, replied "That isn't a Tenno... looks more like some Corpus scum. Should we still shoot him?" "Of course! Even if those Tenno escape, we can at least kill this spy." Quickly, Maludas flew out of the path of an incoming barrage of flame, bullets, and missiles, firing his Detron into the large crowd, killing numerous Grineer. Suddenly, a Bombard's missile knocked him out of the air.

Dazed, but not knocked out, Maludas shakily got up. His shields had saved him from the brunt of the damage, but a missile to the chest was no laughing matter. Suddenly finding himself surrounded by Grineer, Maludas thought for a second, then had an excellent idea. "Hey hey... we have common interests- you want those Tenno dead, so do I. So how about we make a deal?" A Captain answered, "We make no deals with greedy Corpus machines!" "I assure you, I am no machine. So how about this: I help you hunt down and kill the Tenno, then you can claim the glory, and we can both forget I was ever here." The Captain thought for a second, then untrustingly replied "Hmm... alright then. But if you betray us..." "Trust me. You don't have to worry about that." 

And so, Maludas walked off to where the Tenno had vanished, surrounded by a small army. Under his breath, he mumbled "Heh. Tenno are cocky, but Grineer are just plain dumb... they really don't notice anything..." During his discussion with the captain, Maludas had covertly laid several explosives on the ground behind him. Just as the group was exiting the hangar, he detonated them. "Over there! The Tenno!" The Grineer hurriedly rushed back into the hangar, only to turn around and see a slowly closing blast door, with Maludas calmly waving from the other side.

#11, a Loki tenno stopped behind a crate only to have to keep moving as several bullets whizzed past his head. "Man am i in deep." he whispered to himself as he reloaded his Boar and got ready for some heavy shooting. Suddenly a large explosion coming from below him swept him off his feet!

[was that a good intro]

Edited by devastator2

[so, Artemis_Frame, do you want to have a run-in duel type thing? Or maybe Maludas takes Colden by surprise, injures him, but Kiran evens the fight? Should it end in an alliance, or us going our separate ways?]

[Duno, sounds good, maybe we end up in alliance? There are so many possibilities to go to, but I think the alliance thing could work, maybe, cause i am aiming that the women voice over the intercom should be the largest threat in this story and that she plays with each and everyone of us as if we're rats in a maze, I know who or what she is but that I'll reveal later.]

[i was thinking that all four of us here could have some type of run in?]

[Not bad, just have to get a point sometime where we see what his connection is in all this, oh and a name for your character, but I assume you leave that for later?]

[Oh guys, soon I will post my next piece of the story, so we could bcontinue on that, sorry it takes so long, I'm just a bit busy.]

[Alright, an alliance type thing sounds like it will work. 3 tenno and a mercenary.]

Maludas stalked the two Tenno from behind, staying out of sight and using his shield detectors to keep track of them. However, looking around, he suddenly saw a third signature - faint, definitely cloaked, but not completely. "Dang... shield cloaking is too advanced for the Grineer... another Tenno? This is going to turn out poorly..." He looked back at his two targets. "Better get focused on the task at hand." Maludas continued following, waiting for an opportunity to strike. Checking his radar, he saw that the two Tenno would have to go through a large generator room, with many pillars. "Perfect." Maludas moved through side passages and began setting traps in the Generator room.

[i'm in!]

The chained Butcher looked up and grinned, hearing noises, running troops, alarms blaring, he closed his eyes, breathing in the smells around him, three tenno, a multitude of grineer brothers, and some strange smell he didn't quite care about, he decided to care, sniffing a couple more times to ascertain that it was a member of the corpus. He stood, his shackles clanking as he moved to the front of his cell,

"You'll want to release me soon." He said to his jailer in grineer, the easier language for him to speak, his voice rendered guttural by the shrapnel in his throat. The jailer scoffed,

"So you can raise the death toll even higher? Ripping me to shreds while you're at it?" The jailer asked, chuckling.

"It won't matter to you, you'd already be dead." He responded, leveling a Lex Prime at the jailer's head, "I'm getting out of here. That's a fact, you dying, depends on what you do right now."

The jailer froze, they'd disarmed all the inmates, even if the prisoner had hidden one, how could it possibly have a Lex Prime? He unlocked the door, stepping back with his hands up. Maniac stepped forward, into the light, the Lex Prime gone, he held out his wrists to have the shackles removed, gone quickly, he patted the jailer on the cheek with one hand, holding up his index finger to his mouth,

"Shhhhhh, can't have any alarms going off about an escaped convict." He chuckled, walking away afterward, towards the tenno, getting around a turn and down a corridor before breaking into a sprint.

[Love that he smuggled not only a weapon after probably being thoroughly searched, but an extremely powerful Orokin sidearm which means he has more connections than Vor does]

"Annnddd... there!" He had finished his work. The entrance to the room was rigged with a cloaked jamming screen, to temporarily disable the shields and abilities of any Tenno who entered, and he had rigged a few Arc traps around the room. "Ah, if only the Grineer knew how to make these modifications... what a shame." To top it all off, the Arc traps were wired into the generators, giving them extended reach and power. "Can't wait to try these all out!" He flew to the corner of the vaulted ceiling to the left of the door, leveled his Opticor at the entrance, and activated his advanced cloaking. "Now... it's just a matter of time."

"No traps."

A surge of power, and bright yellow energy exploded from one of the Arc Traps.

"Corpus. Selling your services to the highest bidder... all in the name of profit."

A horned Tenno dropped from an overhead vent, just out of range of the modified traps.

"Do you have any idea just how pathetic that is?" The Oberon nearly shouted, stepping slowly towards Maludas' location, his Dual Ichor already swinging in his hands. "Reveal yourself, and fight!"

Edited by Achaix

[iKR? I'll explain it later, Maniac has some extreme connections though.]

Pulling on a pair of black gloves as he walked, better to cover his shrapnel embedded hands, he somewhat wondered about the Orokin disc he owned, but left the thought well enough alone, stepping into the same room as the corpus, too close to the traps, falling to his knees behind the new tenno, of whom seemed quite cocky, the one he liked. Struggling to a crouched position, he crawled away from the traps, growling as he got away from them and stood, leaning against a nearby wall.

[Well I was not expecting that Achiax, but it works]

"You think I work for money? That I'm just some mercenary? I think you mistake me for Alad V, or the Tenno." Maludas uncloaked, but stayed hovering in the air, prepping his combat systems to activate at a moment's notice. There was a Grineer butcher by the looks of it, although mangled by shrapnel to the point where his own mother wouldn't recognize him, and temporarily paralyzed by the traps. Maludas muttered "Well, at least they were good for something..." But first, the intruding Tenno. "I have my own reasons to do this, suffice it to say, and I don't think you're in any place to question that. Now, if you leave, I'm sure I can forget about your insults and we can both go on our merry way- you to destroy whatever  you believe to be corrupt, and I to find some tech." 

[He got hit with a drakgoon, can you blame him? Though his face is unmarked as a result of bringing his hands up to defend himself, not quite covering all of it, with most of the outer shrapnel pieces being removed.]

Maniac looked back and forth between the corpus and the tenno, thinking quickly and tapping a gold and white orokin disc in his shoulder, the disc segmented, projecting a man sized rift into the void, Maniac reached into it, retrieving a pair of Zorens, though the differed in their make, one seemed ancient and elaborate, the other seemed reconstructed of pieces of a Zoren which had been shattered, sealed and welded back together to form an entire weapon.

[C'mon, ultima. You can't just toss that in without an explanation.

Also, did someone order a LARGE HAM?]

"Know your place, clone!" The Oberon snapped at the odd butcher, and turned quickly to the mercenary with a grandiose flourish. "Who the hells do you think I am? I am the Sentient Slayer! I am a Destroyer of Heaven! Embodying the eternal struggle between the chaotic and the orderly! When they speak of the Stag of Jupiter, they speak about Rasae!"

The Oberon unsheathed his Nikana in a long, drawn-out motion. "And Rasae does not approve of traps or lying Rangers!"

[i suppose I should, Maniac once spared Natalia's life, as a result, some things were given to him, one thing happened to be Natalia's crashed and abandoned Liset, which Maniac found and retrieved something like a void key from, this turned out to be a key to Halcyon's void locker. The Zorens? I remember Dirge shattering a Zoren...]

Maniac nodded, definitely knowing he didn't want to get on that one's bad side, considering that one most likely had a ship, but so two could possibly the corpus, however an alliance with said corpus seemed unlikely. He decided to make dealings with the winner, or survivor, depending on what happened, stepping back and lowering the Zorens.

[Well I must say! I am glad to see the development of this RP! :D]

[sorry I kind of forgot about this for a while, my vacation just started.]

[Can i join this rp as a villain? if yes how would i start looking at how the story goes idk how to do it :=]

[uhm yeah see, its kind of hard since I already have a hidden enemy (the voice over the intercom) but if you want to do that you could maybe watch a little bit how the story develops and work a way out to create a villain or you could just go with what is posted already and work your villain in according to that, well its not that hard actually though, either you could make a villain who is the enemy of all(even my hidden enemy) and seeks his/her own goals or whatever his/her purpose is or you could just work on a villain that has in some way knows the hidden enemy, but for that I'll have to ask you to message me personally so we can work it out, I don't want to shout out to the entire world what's going on, so I want to keep the mystery there.]

[Anyways back to the main thing, Maniac? Pretty insane! I like it! Rasae? Not bad! Not bad! I like it! Definitely!!]

[Now back to the story :)]

As the three stood in the room the ship's intercom went on again, "Ah my dearest Rasae! The legends describe you accurately enough! I must say, I am impressed, bravo! Oh looky here! The famous Maniac! What a pleasure! I do hope that Natalia's ship was satisfying! Oh and of course Maludas, the mercenary, I had a feeling you would go to that room, pity your plans won't involve catching the tenno in your traps, as you've noticed already. Oh I do hope you all give a lovely show! Its been far too long! Ahahahaha! Do me a favor? Ok? The one that survives should just keep in mind that I have some brood mothers, maybe a dozen or so that needs taking care, oh pretty please, thank you! Have a jolly good fight!" The intercom zapped off again.

In a longoval shaped corridor Colden and Kiran stopped to take a breath, their stamina has yet to be properly recovered after the battle with the infested earlier, though knowing their not out of this mess yet, they quickly started moving again.

Hearing voices near him he turned, the dark red energy colour of his helmet glowing in the darkness, clenching his hands closed on the Ether Reaper sheathed on his back he stared into the distance waiting...

[And that's it for now! :) I hope the voice doesn't interact in a way with your characters that its kind of out of line? I don't know much about them or their past so I try to stay vague with the voice.]

Edited by Artemis_Frame

[Hey guys. I love ye characters but now for my not-awaited-none-dramatic-return:]

A confused lime coloured tenno walks into a room barely missing a few traps layed on the ground but not noticing them at all. "Um Lotus," Green Horn said. "Looks like I got lost again," he said and rubbed the back of his head as he laughed. A surprised Maludas, Rasae and maniac stared at the idiot who still hasn't noticed their presence.

Green Horn finally decided to look in front of him and saw a Oberon frame standing in a battle stance. Without thinking he started waving at Rasae. "Hey Oberon. How's it goin'?" Green Horn asked out loud forgetting the tenno principle of silence...again. "A tenno must erase his presence. Not make it known, Tenno," Lotus said. "Once again Lotus, screw the tenno principles. Besides we're the only ones..." Green Horn went silent as he noticed the two enemies. He was a fool but even he knew who the maniac was but he didn't know the other guy.

"Oh sh!t," he said as a orange nano blade started to form in his still raised hand and with it many others. But there were not just nano blades in front of the enemies. Somehow his javelin picked up the traps as well. The blades construction was complete and he sent his hand speeding towards the ground.