The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De!: Will We Ever Get A Real "urban" Setting

Deidaku

To do this warframe would have to be served based, this would cost DE lots of cash to (pay someone to) maintain. Don't take me wrong, I like the idea!

Why would it have to be server based? It would be normal AI like in Peer to Peer matches

If it was in hubs, well they can add more servers, because they ARE hosting servers for the new hubs from New York, so it's definitely not impossible.

To do this warframe would have to be served based, this would cost DE lots of cash to (pay someone to) maintain. Don't take me wrong, I like the idea!

why? o_o

it would be the same as regular tilesets but in a city instead of moldy caves , spaceships and asteroids

Sorry to burst your bubbles, DE could make this only if about 90% of the area is behind invisible walls. Reason being is that they can't code a large area with many background objects due to the technical limits of the engine and using the loading seen in archwing (rocks dissolving out of view) you can tell they have pushed the engine to near some of its limits and succeeded.  However if you were to see this in a city map, it would be quite ugly.

• 2 weeks later...

Depending on how they build it, a city tileset could easily obscure the horizon to not have to load anything we're not dealing with. Warframe isn't the kinda game that's just going to have a completely open city zone anyway.

Even without civilians, I'd love to see a tileset like this. It would help make it feel more like there's sane people outside of our missions, which is something the game is getting better at, but could still use work.