The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Dating Sim Mode

Exhack

Even if I really like that idea what would happen to new players ? Would older still help them (because they wouldn't get their bond bonus) ? Or maybe a "sensei" mod that would help other players, but you would put you at a disadvantage like less health/shields/energy (you would get more credits for helping them and others would get more xp ?)

I think that might actually be a beneficial thing to consider. "Sempai" options would allow higher-mastery players to tutor lower-mastery ones in exchange for a higher synergy growth rate for both players, which means that helping lowbies would reward you with a spread of decent relationships to pull on.

I think that might actually be a beneficial thing to consider. "Sempai" options would allow higher-mastery players to tutor lower-mastery ones in exchange for a higher synergy growth rate for both players, which means that helping lowbies would reward you with a spread of decent relationships to pull on.

Huh a tutorship system would be good, its fun to help out newbies and see the game get bigger when they invite their friends into it.

You all are insane. This idea is insane, and it looks good, and that too is insane. I'm insane for liking it, and I am sleep deprived and possibly insane for posting.

Insanity.

Also, divorcing or breaking up could just be a duel.

Man, I saw the whole debuff about someone giving you the cold shoulder and you end up with -25% shields. That would suck so hard if the random environment also had the ice shield debuff. Would we be talking -75% shields total, or -62.5% for the duration of a mission?

Not so fast Kaiba!!!!!

I play Nyx mind control card.  I win automatically.  And when my love points are maxed out.  I will set up a bunch of lesbian meetups for the female warframes because everybody wants to see that.  Then when I feel like trolling and making the guys uncomfortable, I will force all the guy warframes to do yaoi stuff.  

Warframe_Mind_Control.jpg

Edited by RalfJones

The tone kills it... the whole "dating sim/love" thing, while funny, clashes really badly with the overall feel of Warframe.

The bones of the idea, however, is a thing of brilliance. Drop the whole amorous aspect of it, and have it based on Trust/Synergy to use terms already brought up in the thread. Fiction is full of synergetic pairings and teams where each member gets a lot stronger when working with their trusted companion, it's something I'd love to see more of in my virtual digital videogamings, and Warframe would be great for this.

Lotus is my waifu.

Not so fast Kaiba!!!!!

I play Nyx mind control card.  I win automatically.  And when my love points are maxed out.  I will set up a bunch of lesbian meetups for the female warframes because everybody wants to see that.  Then when I feel like trolling and making the guys uncomfortable, I will force all the guy warframes to do yaoi stuff.  

Warframe_Mind_Control.jpg

Love *can* bloom on the battlefield. Duh. 

These posts all win.

So I was considering that Warframe is all about entering these twisting semi-random dungeons with four of your friends, and remembered another incredibly important RPG franchise that does the exact same thing: Atlus' Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Which from the 3rd game onwards very successfully incorporated Dating Sim elements that strengthened the player's various characters.

And I just thought that it'd be a terrific mechanic to explore, since dating sims have been mentionned in the past.

The idea would be to nominally assign relationship values based on how often you play with certain players, which would give a value called 'Synergy' that is increased in the same way as weapons and warframes are. Synergy would allow for 'relationship trees' that can have points put into them that allow for reciprocal bonuses, so that if you had a certain amount of Synergy with X player you could give them a bonus that increases their Credit gains while they give you an increase to Melee damage. Synergy bonuses would depend on trust and mutual understanding of eachother's playstyles, but be respeccable for cheap so that players aren't penalized too badly.

Synergy's major trees would be split between 'friendship' that would give strong passive bonuses and 'romance' trees that give sudden bursts of power like healing boosts or energy regen when your synergy partner is in danger.

Finally, the major benefit of this would be unlocking special 'events' that can only be accessed by pairs of players with high enough relationship values, and grant special items and romantic cutscenes. Doubling up is possible but requires at least one 'friendship' synergy between the two pairs, and would allow for easier playthroughs and possibly special cutscenes like sharing a booth at a busy Grineer bar and grill (the meat is made of people)!

So what do you think? If PvP is so essential, why not dating sim elements? The hardcore dungeon crawler fans (especially the ones who like manga and anime) tend to have some level of overlap with the VN crowd, so this would be a great idea to broaden appeal.

When I opened this thread, I thought it was going to be a joke topic.

After reading it, I'm not sure whether it is or not.

I honestly expected this to be a total joke what with the title. However it turned out to be an interesting idea.

This Tenno sums up my feelings about it better than I can articulate:

The tone kills it... the whole "dating sim/love" thing, while funny, clashes really badly with the overall feel of Warframe.

The bones of the idea, however, is a thing of brilliance. Drop the whole amorous aspect of it, and have it based on Trust/Synergy to use terms already brought up in the thread. Fiction is full of synergetic pairings and teams where each member gets a lot stronger when working with their trusted companion, it's something I'd love to see more of in my virtual digital videogamings, and Warframe would be great for this.