Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Intruder And Grineer Ciphers

Renegade343

Hello all,

Since Intruder does not seem to work with Grineer Ciphers (since Intruder only gives extra time, which the Grineer Cipher does not have), what about equipping Intruder makes the spinner go slower (by 5%/10%/15%/20%/25%/30%)?

While this is just another quality of life addition, it would allow players to have the option of equipping it for higher level Grineer Ciphers, so that they could save a bit of time (if they want to).

Please discuss civilly about this.

Renegade343

Edited by Renegade343

What if Intruder were tweaked to be "allows for easier hacking" and for Grineer it fused nearby nodes into one? Making the room you have to hit them bigger and, thus, the cipher easier?

The idea of making it go slower SOUNDS good, but I feel like it would make Grineer cypher's MORE difficult because of the extra time it would take to solve them while enemies might be spawning around you. 

Edited by Morec0

What if Intruder were tweaked to be "allows for easier hacking" and for Grineer it fused nearby nodes into one? Making the room you have to hit them bigger and, thus, the cipher easier?

Then again, this would be difficult to implement at low levels without losing its challenge. 

And then, how would you ensure that this can be fitted into Intruder while making it be reliable (i.e.: With 100% chance)?

The idea of making it go slower SOUNDS good, but I feel like it would make Grineer cypher's MORE difficult because of the extra time it would take to solve them while enemies might be spawning around you. 

But are you not supposed to clean out the room before starting to hack?

I mean, even with good reaction time and a fast spinner, if there are enemies around shooting at you while you are hacking, you stand a pretty good chance of dying. 

But are you not supposed to clean out the room before starting to hack?

I mean, even with good reaction time and a fast spinner, if there are enemies around shooting at you while you are hacking, you stand a pretty good chance of dying. 

Depends on what level you're hacking at: if it's lockdown then yeah, that'll work. But just alert? If enemies flood into the room?

Still, you're idea is probably best. Granted it's what I would have suggested if I didn't thrive on causing debates in conversation.

Depends on what level you're hacking at: if it's lockdown then yeah, that'll work. But just alert? If enemies flood into the room?

I do not think enemies would come into the room like there is the last piece of cake in that room (i.e.: A large, constant stream). 

There is downtime between enemy spawns (when alerted), meaning one could use the downtime to hack. 

What if it made some of the segments start in a solved position and locked there (so you can't mess them up)?

This also falls into the problem of low level Ciphers (and some medium level ciphers) (i.e.: How are you going to make sure that Intruder would still be useful at all levels, while not making it chance based?). 

I mean, we could try locking a set percentage of segments (with a minimum of one) (e.g.: Intruder locks 33% of segments, meaning a Grineer Cipher with 8 segments will have 3 segments locked), but the balanced line is quite thin (i.e.: Make hacking games still have some sort of challenge, and not be trivialised by Intruder). 

This also falls into the problem of low level Ciphers (and some medium level ciphers) (i.e.: How are you going to make sure that Intruder would still be useful at all levels, while not making it chance based?). 

I mean, we could try locking a set percentage of segments (with a minimum of one) (e.g.: Intruder locks 33% of segments, meaning a Grineer Cipher with 8 segments will have 3 segments locked), but the balanced line is quite thin (i.e.: Make hacking games still have some sort of challenge, and not be trivialised by Intruder). 

Hm, that is a valid concern.  The original purpose of that mod was not to make the game itself easier, but to relax the timer to make it less stressful and give the player more time to think and interact.  Without a timer it'll be hard to replicate that.

Slowing the spinner down?

Awesome point here and could apply to corpus itself too.

Slower? I don't think that's exactly a good thing, because it prolongs the process.

Well, if someone wants to use this mod, why not remove one of the tiles for each rank?

Edit: is it five rank? Would be a bad idea then xD

Edited by SIDESTRE4M

Slower? I don't think that's exactly a good thing, because it prolongs the process.

Well, if someone wants to use this mod, why not remove one of the tiles for each rank?

Edit: is it five rank? Would be a bad idea then xD

And one issue there is that the really low level missions have minigames that only have 3-4 tiles total.

EDIT: I want to say that the mod should prevent the spinner from getting faster, but then how would multiple ranks of that work?

To be honest, Intruder could be a no Rank mod, then this suggestion would work (as for Corpus Ciphers, a flat addition of 3s would be nice [or maybe 4s]).