Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defence Missions; One Ability To Rule Them All.

Innocent_Flower

Well, Not strictly one ability, but it goes without saying that you can make some missions completely easymode with a single ability. Be it Vortex, Snowglobe or a less common area protection/damage spell; There's too many situations you can fix with "put this ability on the cryopod/reactor/artifact/whatever and watch as the enemies are incapable of damaging it. ODD is pretty much ruined by Vortex, because there isn't a party about that doesn't play ODD without a vaubun using vortex on the pod to prevent all infested from hurting the pod. 

Not saying that these abilities should change. More that the maps should change. Maybe if the artifact could be damaged by player abilities (to an extent), or pushed abilities away from itself, we could get some genuine interest in playing a defensive frame. 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

Actually it's because the units can't get to us sitting on poles or pillars.

No one worries and knows they are practically invulnerable because they get ignored. If units could follow you places and knock you the hell off or drop into "choke spots", most of the player side cheap tactics would stop working, and would require total reworks of the strategy involved.

I never understand why in zombie movies they never have an entrance for people that is a long narrow corridor where the side walls are two well anchored fences. Nothing would get through that alive by accident, because you can just insert a pole at waist level to stop something or just have 20 people lined up with spears. Instead, they have doors and fences that open inwards and such.

It's the reverse.

We exploit areas to efficiently kill everything with it's own stupidity, but TV shows have to create "tension" so they keep doing stupid things that favor the enemy.

Frost's snowglobe becomes very fragile when enemy levels become high enough, even with the temporary invincibility, so I don't see a problem with that. And Vortex can't stop bullets.

The enemies in this game are too exploitable. They should have a way to flush players out of cheap areas. When that happens, this problem will be solved.

Better? Yes. Solved? No. you could still just throw a vortex infront of a cryopod and watch the infested fall in. 

From a design standpoint, that vortex would be a far more interesting tool if you couldn't do that and instead had to block chosen entryways or likely enemy paths, blocking a percentage of the enemy who come from a certain direction for example. A proper trap from a defensive frame. 

Frost's snowglobe becomes very fragile when enemy levels become high enough, even with the temporary invincibility, so I don't see a problem with that. And Vortex can't stop bullets.

The enemies in this game are too exploitable. They should have a way to flush players out of cheap areas. When that happens, this problem will be solved.

Mrs. Warframe, let me introduce you to Mr. Left4Dead Director.

As in, L4D AI had tools to go after players who found comfy spots to hide, or got out too far from their team.  Or if the team was steamrolling the map, it would start sending in very tricky combos/numbers of enemies to deal with. 

One of the most fun COOP games ever.

I wonder how difficult that would be to create a similar system in Warframe?  I assume it is harder than I think, but would be cool.