The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reactors And Syndicates

pitermurdock

This is mostly a rant, so bear with me. 

Why on earth, or in the Void would I hand over a freaking orokin reactor, more commonly known as a potato (remember formation potato... I miss that) to my Syndicate when in exchange it doesn't offer anything rewarding. 

And even if it did, please, a potato is too much to ask. I just gived away a forma to promote myself. 

I remember being a noob and knowing how hard was to me and to others to get just one forma. Now that I have my hours of gameplay I've finally found myself with formas to spare, but who has potatos to spare?? WHO??

Goddamit DE, who makes this decisions?? Or is it Ordis who hacks your systems and sets those awfully balanced requirements??
Why do I have to keep playing syndicates alerts if I know I won't be able to make it to the next rank,

If this display of ranting doesn't belong here, I'd be more than happy to be taken to its proper place.

This is mostly a rant, so bear with me. 

Why on earth, or in the Void would I hand over a freaking orokin reactor, more commonly known as a potato (remember formation potato... I miss that) to my Syndicate when in exchange it doesn't offer anything rewarding. 

And even if it did, please, a potato is too much to ask. I just gived away a forma to promote myself. 

I remember being a noob and knowing how hard was to me and to others to get just one forma. Now that I have my hours of gameplay I've finally found myself with formas to spare, but who has potatos to spare?? WHO??

Goddamit DE, who makes this decisions?? Or is it Ordis who hacks your systems and sets those awfully balanced requirements??

Why do I have to keep playing syndicates alerts if I know I won't be able to make it to the next rank,

If this display of ranting doesn't belong here, I'd be more than happy to be taken to its proper place.

U will get potatos too spare if u keep playing  i have like 6 reactors too spare and didint buy them catalysts no so much but well u can try to work around and for rewards well syndicates are just in the bigining more stuff good stuff is coming so stay tune .

Like someone earlier said, eventually you'll get spare potatoes. Syndicates aren't meant to be fired off in a night, they're designed to be a fairly long term goal and investment. If you can't afford it now, then wait till you do get spares. You don't HAVE to advance to the next rank right this second. 

If you can't live without going to the next rank of the syndicate and not leveling up causes you unfathomable pain and misrery, then buy some plat or trade some mods for a tater. 20 plat isn't that hard to come across. 

Edited by DecapitatingJim

Like someone earlier said, eventually you'll get spare potatoes. Syndicates aren't meant to be fired off in a night, they're designed to be a fairly long term goal and investment. If you can't afford it now, then wait till you do get spares. You don't HAVE to advance to the next rank right this second. 

If you can't live without going to the next rank of the syndicate and not leveling up causes you unfathomable pain and misrery, then buy some plat or trade some mods for a tater. 20 plat isn't that hard to come across. 

Let's agree to disagree. IRL I missed the devstream alert, and... I was talking for newbies who don't have a potato to spare, besides, the rewards aren't that fulfilling as to aim towards spending a reactor. 

I've been playing around with the new weapon mods (embolist, hek, and mire). The embolist is mediocre but playable. The hek and mire are simply amazing and a blast to play. The key awards are sweet. The ammo, health, etc. Blue prints are nice. The skill mods are weak, but it's for tweaking a specialty build.

The weapon mods alone are worth the reactor which is pretty easy to obtain by sell/ trade if you can't afford platinum.

The biggest problem I had with syndicates was fixed, which was experience and grind. The level payouts are fair.

Just wait for the next reactor alert, or buy some plat and get one. In the meantime, why don't you level the allied or neutral Syndicate?

How do you level up an allied or neutral Syndicate? I didn't even know this was possible until I read your post. Red Veil is an Allied Sydicate for me but is maxed at 5000. If I click on the initiation button won't that revoke my alliance with Steel Meridian?

How do you level up an allied or neutral Syndicate? I didn't even know this was possible until I read your post. Red Veil is an Allied Sydicate for me but is maxed at 5000. If I click on the initiation button won't that revoke my alliance with Steel Meridian?

nope you could be working for all 6 at once if you want. (just keep in mind who's friend and who's foe for your favorite.) Say I hit a road bump with Steel Merridian and I can't rank up due to missing a prime bit or potato. I just start working for Arbiters of Hexis (to hell with the Red Veil and their extremist ways in my opinion.) until I get the missing bit for the rank up.

And I must say it since we're on the topic; "Tenno, are you ready for a SACRIFICE!?" 

Nope, you can level two at the same time!

Just keep running with ur Red veil sigil and you'll get half the points for Steel meridian or vice versa.

nope you could be working for all 6 at once if you want. (just keep in mind who's friend and who's foe for your favorite.) Say I hit a road bump with Steel Merridian and I can't rank up due to missing a prime bit or potato. I just start working for Arbiters of Hexis (to hell with the Red Veil and their extremist ways in my opinion.) until I get the missing bit for the rank up.

And I must say it since we're on the topic; "Tenno, are you ready for a SACRIFICE!?" 

Nope, you can level two at the same time!

Just keep running with ur Red veil sigil and you'll get half the points for Steel meridian or vice versa.

Awesome. Ok, here's another question... Let's say I want to switch to another Synidicate that is Not my current Synidicate's Enemy, but is "Opposed" like New Loka. Steel Meridian is enemies with The Perrin Sequence and opposed to New Loka. How many points do I lose if I do New Loka missions? Or do Enemy and Opposed Syndicates lose the same amount of points simultaneously? I know it's counter productive, but I'm just curious of how that would work if I wanted to eventually switch to said opposed Synidcate eventually. Basically would be to keep my standing from going too negative with an opposed Syndicate. 

I originally joined New Loka, but switched to Steel Meridian for better offerings, but intended to switch back eventually. More like maybe that is. Kind of like the attitude of Steel Meridian more now, but their Sigils suck bizzalls.

Edited by s7n7a7k7e

Awesome. Ok, here's another question... Let's say I want to switch to another Synidicate that is Not my current Synidicate's Enemy, but is "Opposed" like New Loka. Steel Meridian is enemies with The Perrin Sequence and opposed to New Loka. How many points do I lose if I do New Loka missions? Or do Enemy and Opposed Syndicates lose the same amount of points simultaneously? I know it's counter productive, but I'm just curious of how that would work if I wanted to eventually switch to said opposed Synidcate eventually. Basically would be to keep my standing from going too negative with an opposed Syndicate. 

I originally joined New Loka, but switched to Steel Meridian for better offerings, but intended to switch back eventually. More like maybe that is. Kind of like the attitude of Steel Meridian more now, but their Sigils suck bizzalls.

Well I think I saw somewhere in the forums a topic that says when you're 'hated' and do the offering, you get neutral (haven't tested it myself tho' )

If you want to throw a Reactor on every warframe, sentinel and kubrow, you'd need about 32 I think.  Assuming you pick one up every two weeks, that would take well over a year if you didn't want to spend plat.

Let's not even talk about Catalysts, lol.

I'm not as bothered by this now as I was at first, since there are people out there that will gladly pay more than 20 platinum (the price of a reactor) for some of the Syndicate mods.  I guess I just never anticipated that anyone would be willing to do so.  Regardless, DE has stated that there's more to come, so I'm hoping that they just released the less interesting augments first so we'd be excited when the new stuff comes out.

No. None of these problems are "a big deal". Are they?

500 oxium for Halikar? Not a big deal

2 Forma to craft a Dojo tech weapon? Not a big deal

T4 keys don't drop on round 5, 6, or 7? Not a big deal

Viver's not a big deal anymore either

Void drops? So what if they're rare? It's not a big deal

Prime Access Top tier pack gives 300 less platinum? Not a big deal

Argon Vanishes from your inventory everyday! Not a big deal

Charging 2 potatoes for access to a few weapon and warframe mods? Not a big deal

Archwing mods are rare, and hard to see? Not a big deal

Kubrows can starve, die, and be removed from your account? Not a big deal.

See? None of these issues are big deals because each of them are very small.

Edited by Archistopheles

Missions give 100% of affinity gained to the syndicate in question, 50% to their ally, -50% to their rival, and -100% to their enemy.  The same applies to daily syndicate alerts.  So if you wanted to do something...creative like support both Steel Meridian and Perrin Sequence at the same time, you'd need to grind a whole bunch of Red Veil missions (+50% to ally Steel Meridian) to counterbalance the Perrin Sequence ones (-100% to enemy Steel Meridian).  Negative rep caps at -66,000 - -44,000 for rank -2, followed by a massive sacrifice to get back up to -1, then 22,000 more and another sacrifice to get back to neutral.  Of course, when you're grinding out that much rep, you're certain to backslide a few ranks with your new friend's enemies (Ceph Suda and Steel Meridian for New Loka, for instance).

As for Forma and Reactor costs in general, I personally wish there was a lot more stuff at each tier of rewards, though I suppose ally specters and tower keys really need to be bought in bulk anyway.  But it really is an experience tailored for new players who can't grind three factions to first rank in a single daily cap.  Players who get Syndicates at about the time they get their second or third real frame and who know they'll have to budget forma and/or potatoes to hit the next rank.  Players who tack the syndicate ranking process onto exploring the game, not grinding the most profitable nodes.  That's why I think vets are complaining of burnout while nobody else is really saying much.

The biggest problem is that they put catalyst/reactor as the THIRD sacrifice when it is the only thing you cant farm.  It would make some sense for the final tier but 3rd seems like its inviting p2w, given very few prime parts go for more than 20p and it means that its prohibitive to solo play or friends only play(which at one pt they said was a goal to support hence ghost clans,).

Also some things should be designed to slow you down giving you a choice. To have it now by either grinding the game or spending plat. You have to understand this game is make for entertainment and profit. DE cannot keep this game going without some sort of cash flow so if the game is too much of a grind for you, spend some plat, or then that you get what you pay for, a really awesome legit free to play game you just have to put the time in.

Its alright to complain, but if you have not supported the game in some way to keep the lights on, why should you be upset that does not cost you anything to play?

Suggestion: Prime access is a awesome pack to buy for plat and gives you 90 days of boosters so it will help you get where your going in no time. Plus you have enough plat to buy potatoes anytime you get hungry.

The biggest problem is that they put catalyst/reactor as the THIRD sacrifice when it is the only thing you cant farm.  It would make some sense for the final tier but 3rd seems like its inviting p2w, given very few prime parts go for more than 20p and it means that its prohibitive to solo play or friends only play(which at one pt they said was a goal to support hence ghost clans,).

Can I add that Syndicates alerts are a wasteland?? Nobody plays there, which raises more questions than answers. Why a potato for all things?? is a the third tier, it's not that rewarding, besides. You have to craft the damn thing, if your asking for that much in exchange of something so little, why not, meanwhile, using DE "logic", they ask for a potato bp instead of the crafted thing. 

Its madness I tell you.

Also some things should be designed to slow you down giving you a choice. To have it now by either grinding the game or spending plat. You have to understand this game is make for entertainment and profit. DE cannot keep this game going without some sort of cash flow so if the game is too much of a grind for you, spend some plat, or then that you get what you pay for, a really awesome legit free to play game you just have to put the time in.

Its alright to complain, but if you have not supported the game in some way to keep the lights on, why should you be upset that does not cost you anything to play?

Suggestion: Prime access is a awesome pack to buy for plat and gives you 90 days of boosters so it will help you get where your going in no time. Plus you have enough plat to buy potatoes anytime you get hungry.

I have spent a fair amount of money... and time! Why can't I complain when DE has taken my money, and throws at me an incredible wall. But no, I'm not interested in prime access, if anything, I would've loved to have the money back when the founders program was available so that I could go in to the design council and denounce this preposterous requirement.

• 1 month later...

Absolutely agree.

And for every white knight defending all the money he wasted on some still raw mediocre korean mmo style "game" - it's not about grinding.

It would be reasonable to sacrifice some rare resources and parts - but not something that tied to goddman waiting mechanics.

I'm not a stranger to grinding, even to such purposeless as we have in Warframe, but just waiting?

No, don't push this crap about "doing something else" - why can't I decide for myself for what exactly I should grind right now?

This is exactly the same as just putting platinum in offering list.

Why on earth, or in the Void would I hand over a freaking orokin reactor, more commonly known as a potato 

Just wait until you realize you need to hand over a catalyst for some syndicates.

I find it strange how i have 4 orokin reactors and ZERO CATALYSTS/BLUEPRINTS.

also, orokin reactors are baked/golden potatoes, yes?

No. None of these problems are "a big deal". Are they?

500 oxium for Halikar? Not a big deal

2 Forma to craft a Dojo tech weapon? Not a big deal

T4 keys don't drop on round 5, 6, or 7? Not a big deal

Viver's not a big deal anymore either

Void drops? So what if they're rare? It's not a big deal

Prime Access Top tier pack gives 300 less platinum? Not a big deal

Argon Vanishes from your inventory everyday! Not a big deal

Charging 2 potatoes for access to a few weapon and warframe mods? Not a big deal

Archwing mods are rare, and hard to see? Not a big deal

Kubrows can starve, die, and be removed from your account? Not a big deal.

See? None of these issues are big deals because each of them are very small.

I can't tell if you are being serious or not...