Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Feline Frame, Ideas And Concepts! (Thanks Derebecca For The Idea <3)

EclipsedHusky

Actually asked SilverBones if he'd like me to commission him for his take on his own sketch. No reply, yet.

Seems we are getting Drifter to crack to the idea of a cat based frame. Glad we can come together like this for these sort of things.

We Broski's got to stick together... The Lotus is counting on us!

We dare not fail!

Edited by FrostWolf

He was friend zoned so hard he can ONLY fight for his friends...

and this is why Ike will always be inferior to Roy

Roy with over 8 Females vying to get into his plants... one being his  Teacher!

Edited by FrostWolf

Thanks Akateko. It is hard thinking up stuff and keeping it somewhat new, and different from the rest.

Really wishing I had some artistic skills now though. D:

Yeah I hear yah, stick figures really doesn't give your concept justice =)

While I would obviously like this, I'd have to agree that it makes no sense in the Warframe universe.  Especially going so far as to give the thing a tail, that wouldn't serve any real purpose.  Now, granted, many Warframes are already sleek and slender (see: Mag), so I could see giving a new one some animalistic features, like a helmet that roughly resembles a panther head or something.  But this is a little too far.

While I would obviously like this, I'd have to agree that it makes no sense in the Warframe universe.  Especially going so far as to give the thing a tail, that wouldn't serve any real purpose.  Now, granted, many Warframes are already sleek and slender (see: Mag), so I could see giving a new one some animalistic features, like a helmet that roughly resembles a panther head or something.  But this is a little too far.

In truth, I am not seriously expecting someone to add this to the game. I just doodled it for DERebecca as a way to say thank you for all her hard work.

I am just throwing it at you guys since I was asked.

In truth, I am not seriously expecting someone to add this to the game. I just doodled it for DERebecca as a way to say thank you for all her hard work.

I am just throwing it at you guys since I was asked.

And i for one appreciate you sharing it

We already have a Rhino, i see no reason why we can't have a cat. (Excalibur's 2nd helm is pretty much a Rhino Horn)

As far as the tail's usefulness, haven't ya seen any Aliens movies? Those things are vicious. 

Though animating a good looking whip/tail takes a crazy amount of time, so I wouldn't really suggest it, though the rest of the feline features could be used.

Obviously it's signature weapon should be

TS-PANTSEDW.jpg

Edited by Nokturnal

So during the last stream DERebecca made a joke towards a "Cat based Frame" this of course got me thinking about things so here are my ideas so far! Feel free to comment, add, and make up your own ideas.

Name: Gemini

Gender: Female (I can't think of a feline character as male so yeah...)

ecaflip_new_version_by_studiobit-d329dgf

5652.jpg

still got a problem with male cat warriors?

well, females can be kind of ok too i suppose...

wakfu_ecaflip.jpg

lulz.

As a huge kitty lover I support ANY Feline based Warframe haha

pretty cool idea man, and alot of the best ideas come from little comments like what Rebecca said!

sometimes You just need a spark to enflame the creative mind

Id change '9th Life' thou to something a little more extreme

make it a buff where if You DIE with the buff on You get a % chance of coming back to life!

I like the idea, it could work well.

Reflexes (or Feline Grace as an alternate name) could be a good AoE group buff for a high cost power instead (75/100), letting it significantly boost the fire rate, reload speed, charge speed and foot speed for a duration. (most frames typically lack group skills as well).

While Ninth Life is interesting, damage can get rather high with weapons currently (doubling that), and reflexes essentially does that by increasing fire rate (with a bonus cost of more ammo though).

Maybe an alternate power could be:

Pounce: Gemini leaps into melee landing with a small damaging (melee hit) AoE knockdown. Upgrading the skill increases the distance (8/10/12/16 metres) Gemini can leap and the size of the AoE knockdown (1/1.5/2/3 metres) for a cost of 25 or 50.

Something like pounce would have good synergy with Maul as well, as well as for use for clearing larger gaps.  Though while similar to Charge, and Slash Dash it wont actually effect everything in the path, just those near the landing (again may be too similar to Charge/Slash Dash/Teleport to bother with too).

Edited by Loswaith

Have to say the love this idea is getting is great.

SilverBones is being really awesome about his art too.

As comes to the skills I thought up ideas were ideas, obviously things would need tweaks and such.

As for my "ninth life" idea I'm not seeing it being OP for a few factors. As I stated no invincible state while casting it, and while doubling or even just adding 50% extra damage seems extreme it would still only be applied to what you focus your attacks on. Where as we already have some AoEs that are massive in range or pretty much one shot a whole room...

still got a problem with male cat warriors?

well, females can be kind of ok too i suppose...

As I said I can't really imagine a male one, not saying they aren't out there or exist. Just mentally my mind goes to female...Blame video games. :P

Actually surprised no one has brought up a picture of the thundercats...

As I said I can't really imagine a male one, not saying they aren't out there or exist. Just mentally my mind goes to female...Blame video games. :P

Actually surprised no one has brought up a picture of the thundercats...

I can't Stop it!

Names: Sekhmet - Hetmet - Mafdet. You know... some Egyptian name. Those guys really liked cats.

Base stats:

Health: 75

Shields: 100

Power: 125

Armor: 35

Sprint speed :  same as Loki

Shield recharge: 20

Abilities:

Pounce:

The Warframe jumps at an enemy, does some damage and knocks them down.

Rank1 : more damage. Jumping distance increased.

Rank2: Jumping distance increased. knockdown range increase.

Rank3:  damage and jump distance increase.

Shield Grooming:

The Warframe uses her powerful tongue to super charge her shield to make it more powerful.

Rank 0: Shield takes 90% damage

Rank 1: Takes 85% damage

Rank 2  Takes 80% damage

Rank 3: Takes 75% damage

Right now i dont know if the grooming should last a set period of time where each rank extends it or when Shield Grooming is activated your shield doesnt recharge and your bonus stays on until the shield it's totally depleted and at that point your shield goes back to behaving the normal way.

Feline Grace:

When activated the Warframe reflexes seem to act on their own making the Warframe impossible to be stunned or knocked down.

When hit by a staggering attack the Warframe automatically takes a sidestep avoiding it and when hit with a knockdown attack the Warframe automatically performs a backwards flip to quickly regain her position.

Rank0: Avoid staggers for 2 seconds.

Rank1: Avoids staggers for 4 secons

Rank4 :Avoids knockdowns for first 2 seconds/Avoids staggers for 6.

Rank 3: Avoids knockdowns for first 4 seconds/Staggers for 8

Claw Storm:

The Warframe launches a hail of energy claws in a cone in front of her. When the attack is launched the Warframe cant move but she can rotate to change the direction of the cone. 

Each rank ups the damage and size of the cone.

Edit- Dammit i just noticed some one added pounce earlier today. He also brought up Feline Grace.....we gotta come up with cooler names.

Edited by Mak_Gohae