Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gram Or Scindo?

Demeus

Title says all.

I'm pretty sure there is another thread on this somewhere.. BUUUUT:

I'm a Frost, and I'm considering strapping him with either one of these.

But which one?

I do have speed mods, fully upgraded along with others, so please include those into consideration :o

If I may add, both the Scindo and the Gram have the same charge attack damage, but the Gram is significantly more mobile and is better for normal attacks.

If you don't mind being somewhat slow, Scindo has a longer range and can sweep more with his charge attack, and its range allows you to charge attack a Toxic Ancient without harm to yourself.

The Gram has thr shortest range, but the sheer mobility of it allows it to be more forgiving, if not fun.

<p>Scindo is better with mods for charge damage. If you are going for damage and also range. For normal attacks go Gram. However if you want DPS. Furax is the highest DPS against all non-infested.</p>

Why would you ever use the Gram for normal attacks?

It's significantly faster, and against infested, the slashing bonus and the sheer range of the vertical strike make it effective.

You also still get immunity to stuns, including goddamn rollers.

Why not in the right situations?

Because it doesn't ignore armor, and charged attacks on the Gram are still perfectly effective (and fast) against Infested and will actively one-shot things barring heavy units.. Also it means you get to skip bothering to put in a pressure point mod, and get a weapon that's perfectly usable up to and through Pluto without even supercharging it instead of having to make space for that pressure point mod.

You can just shoot rollers.

I mean, my Gram has a mountain's worth of kills by now and I just can't really imagine any situation where I'd actually use it for normal attacks instead of just bringing another weapon altogether.

Tip: Gram actually has longer forward charge attack range than the Scindo, which has wider charge attack range. Both do 3x damage to normal infested. (lots of the things on the wiki are either plain wrong or out of date) I've made both weapons and gram is definitely better at everything, due to the swing speed.

I used to think Gram was better than Scindo because I kept being told how very slow Scindo is and so on...I put 50% Fury on Scindo, problem solved.

Overall, IMHO, Scindo is superior to Gram.

Gram has a faster normal attack speed and that is about all. In all other aspects it is inferior to Scindo. And you still need a good reflex mod to make Gram effective.

Addendum:

FYI: You can sprint while performing a charged attack. That is to say, during the charge-up period you may sprint. This is true to all weapons. Although, with regard to heavy weapons in contrast to lighter ones, once you perform the charged attack itself you cease to run and have to reactivate the sprint after of.

Edited by OriKlein

I'd suggest going with Scindo, either way normal attacks aren't terrific, and both have the same charge damage, but there are other differences. I believe the Scindo has greater ground slam radius, as well as a larger radius for sliding attacks, plus both of those will do higher damage than the Gram due to the Scindo having higher base damage, particularly on the sliding attack. The Gram should slide attack for 80, while the Scindo slide attacks for 100. For both of them, I suggest using charge attacks and slide attacks with the occasional ground slams, but never just mash the E key.

Gram's speed applies to ALL swing animations, not just normal melee attack spam. Tired of misinformed people thinking attack speed doesn't do anything for charge attacks, it does. Not to mention that Gram has a longer frontal range than Scindo, due to being longer, which is more important than wide range.

Sprinting while charging a Gram and a Gram's Slide attack Vs the equivalent on a Scindo feels like night and day.

And attacking with a heavy weapon simply grants you stun immunity, from rifle butts, rollers, Runners and Chargers. Use it when you need to. It's an option that's there to be used.

The Gram is a significantly more all round weapon than people give it credit for.