Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loading Screen Animations

shadowman1623

Since update 15 has come out i have found that the load screen animation has become very laggy. Being a laptop user the loading screen makes it almost literally unable to host or use my keys in parties when the mission starts. What the animation does to me (and many of my friends that also has laptops or poor computers) is that it starts out below 5 fps not loading anything for about like 20 secs, then it actually starts to load but it is a lot slower than it was before update 15 so therefore I am usually the one to load in the game like 30-60 seconds after everyone else actually starts. Whenever i try to use a void key with my friends (which most have good computers) even when I am not hosting if I'm the one to use the key but the time I actually start loading it fails the mission because since I used the key and that I didn't load fast enough that it just fails the missions (which also did not happen before update 15). I have also found that if everyone in the party has the same issue everyone loads in just almost the same time (depending on internet) and we can do everything just fine in the game after it loads. So many of my friends and me have come up with an idea to have a option in the options for loading screen animation and replace the animation with a picture (like the old loading screens that were just fine and no one complained about) so that your computer would focus on loading the game instead of processing the animation similar to how League of Legends has their login screen where there is an option to turn off the login screen animation or sound. I think this will help out the people that doesn't like the animation of the loading screen in their opinion or people just wants better performance for their loading screen. 

Or either you could just make a performance change for the loading screen but the low fps due to the animation will still be there.

I like the old loading screen better (one with all tennos getting ready flexing their muscles before the game starts) also it had some weird bugs like wrong weapons etc... now the ship one u can move around (yes u can move animation) WSAD but yeah it lags for everybody I guess.

We need an option to use the old loading screens. I can't even use DX10 or DX11 because the loading screens take like a minute with them on. I've actually spawned in terrain from loading screens taking too long in online.

Options are always good.

Please take notes, DE!

Edited by unknow99

I like the old loading screen better (one with all tennos getting ready flexing their muscles before the game starts) also it had some weird bugs like wrong weapons etc... now the ship one u can move around (yes u can move animation) WSAD but yeah it lags for everybody I guess.

I agree, the old one was very stylish and moody. The new one is flashy and modern without invoking any mood or feeling.