Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Venus Tileset - Ice Planet?

iWebber

Before I continue on, I'd just like to give a heads up that I'm not complaining nor am I upset about this. I'm merely pointing this out to make conversation and hear other people's opinions. I could be wrong, but I'd still love to hear what everyone else thinks. Now to continue on...

I'm not sure if this topic was made before, but earlier I was playing some missions in Venus, and I noticed that when I actually go to the planet, there's ice everywhere. Practically the same tileset as Pluto, but in Venus. From my understanding, Venus is Much closer to the Sun than Earth and goes up to + 870 °F. Plus, I was helping my girlfriend get some pieces for Archwing for the quest, and I see this..

gk4UHo2.jpg 

Now, I've never been to Venus myself, but I'm more than certain that Jupiter isn't that close, since even 'we' can't see it from Earth. I was maybe thinking a new hot tileset for Venus? Or even just give it the tileset of Phobos but with Corpus walking around? What are your thoughts?

That's supposed to be Europa, one of Jupiter's moons. The mission should be updated to send you there instead of "Venus".

The problem with that is that The Archwing is only available to mastery rank 2 Tenno. A mastery rank 2 Tenno more than likely does not have access to Europa yet

The problem with that is that The Archwing is only available to mastery rank 2 Tenno. A mastery rank 2 Tenno more than likely does not have access to Europa yet

What would be the best solution then? Should the quest be updated to a higher mastery requirement, or should it send you to Earth Excavation instead? Or perhaps another idea...?

What would be the best solution then? Should the quest be updated to a higher mastery requirement, or should it send you to Earth Excavation instead? Or perhaps another idea...?

There's really no dire need for a solution, but if there were to be one for the time being is to put the node on Earth.

I'm sure changing the node wouldn't matter. Instead, just changing the difficulty in another planet? New players can go to Earth after the tutorial to do Vor's Prize and I believe the difficulty is lowered, and obviously can be accessed. It's just has to take place in Venus because according to the story, it Has to be a Corpus section, specially since that's where the Grineer declare war against the Corpus.

I saw a topic similar to this one, suggesting the "hell planet" for Venus. Maybe after the Underwater Grineer tileset.

That'd be a sweet idea~ I understand there's no section on Mercury to walk on, so all the missions take place in the Grineer ships. Maybe just make all the missions on Venus on Corpus ships for the timebeing while they work on said 'hell planet'?

And Underwater Grineer tileset? Do tell~

I'm sure changing the node wouldn't matter. Instead, just changing the difficulty in another planet? New players can go to Earth after the tutorial to do Vor's Prize and I believe the difficulty is lowered, and obviously can be accessed. It's just has to take place in Venus because according to the story, it Has to be a Corpus section, specially since that's where the Grineer declare war against the Corpus.

Lowering the difficulty just for the mission would work well.

There's a mission on Earth during Vor's Prize that is occupied by the Corpus

That could use a look then too. It should be kept consistent so players are not thrown around the Solar System not knowing where they are,

It's the next Tileset DE is working on, set for around update 16, the concept art was showed off in a Devstream a while back. It's gonna be based underwater (obviously), most likely Earth or Uranus, and is gonna have giant Orokin carbs walking the sea floor that punch wholes into the walls and generally f*** s*** up.

But that's pretty much all we know.

It's the next Tileset DE is working on, set for around update 16, the concept art was showed off in a Devstream a while back. It's gonna be based underwater (obviously), most likely Earth or Uranus, and is gonna have giant Orokin carbs walking the sea floor that punch wholes into the walls and generally f*** s*** up.

I had to google some of the concept art and there's some really nice ideas! I'm really excited for it now, thought it'd be odd having underwater tiles in Uranus, since I believe Uranus is a gas planet much like Jupiter and Saturn. Neptune could be sorta acceptable ( But also a gas planet ), but I guess it wouldn't make sense since it's a Corpus faction, and seeing the art, it's definitely gonna revolve around the Grineer. But we'll see what happens.

The underwater tileset is likely gonna be on Uranus because reasons.  It doesn't make any sense but it's Tyl's tileset so I guess the gas giant Uranus is going to have oceans now.  Unless they decide to move Tyl Regor or have the tileset in multiple areas.

Sedna would be a much more logical fit given its composition and naming themes.

Edited by Xeo_Nespydonum

The underwater tileset is likely gonna be on Uranus because reasons.  It doesn't make any sense but it's Tyl's tileset so I guess the gas giant Uranus is going to have oceans now.  Unless they decide to move Tyl Regor or have the tileset in multiple areas.

Sedna would be a much more logical fit given its composition and naming themes.

Sedna's a giant rock, though. No water whatsoever.

But I was mistaken earlier, Uranus is a water planet with an outer layer of nothing but gas.

There's a mission on Earth during Vor's Prize that is occupied by the Corpus

I'm sure they took over like the North Pole or something for the time being. Not that they were 'sharing' planets, but didn't the Grineer declared war against the Corpus during the Archwing mission? Maybe after that happened, the Grineer kicked and dominated the Corpus off Earth and made it their own faction. New players had probably not even made it to Earth by the time they're Mastery Rank 2.

To fix Venus, all they need to do is say that the Corpus did a failed Terraforming and it got too cold.

But if you want to question about the science.

1) Failed terraforming Venus would likely be still too hot of an evironment.

2) The pic of Venus is a radar pic not a visible atmosphere pic of the planet.

3) Phobos is not spherical or spheroid. (pic looks more like Callisto).

4) Phobos is not capable supporting an atmosphere (unless you can make artificial gravity.

5) It is not impossible to find all the planets.  (making the planet segments useless).

6) smoke, icicles, fire, and electric bolts don't work in space.

7) The pic of Uranus is wrong.

8) The pic of Neptune is missing the black spot.

9) The pic of Europa is wong. (it's an altered colored Mars).

To fix Venus, all they need to do is say that the Corpus did a failed Terraforming and it got too cold.

But if you want to question about the science.

1) Failed terraforming Venus would likely be still too hot of an evironment.

2) The pic of Venus is a radar pic not a visible atmosphere pic of the planet.

3) Phobos is not spherical or spheroid. (pic looks more like Callisto).

4) Phobos is not capable supporting an atmosphere (unless you can make artificial gravity.

5) It is not impossible to find all the planets.  (making the planet segments useless).

6) smoke, icicles, fire, and electric bolts don't work in space.

7) The pic of Uranus is wrong.

8) The pic of Neptune is missing the black spot.

9) The pic of Europa is wong. (it's an altered colored Mars).

Terraforming seems a bit too godmodding, in my opinion. But yeah, terraforming in Venus would still be hot regardless.

Or the Orokin are so fantastic that they can Terra form everything.

Destiny has forest in Venus, why can't we have ice ?

It certainly doesn't LOOK terraformed from orbit...

Sedna's a giant rock, though. No water whatsoever.

But I was mistaken earlier, Uranus is a water planet with an outer layer of nothing but gas.

It's moons also carry a lot of frozen stuff, which makes sense. Using orbital mirrors to focus sunlight and create a sort of 'nearer sun' for habitats on the outer planets has been done in sci-fi before. Use enough of them and you can melt the ice caps and such.

Hey, its no more ridiculous than turning the potato-moon of Phobos into a sphere. I mean, has anyone noticed that. It basically means that a) the Orokin can MAKE planets, or at least planetoids, and b) in the case of Europa, MOVE them.

[...]It's moons also carry a lot of frozen stuff, which makes sense. Using orbital mirrors to focus sunlight and create a sort of 'nearer sun' for habitats on the outer planets has been done in sci-fi before. Use enough of them and you can melt the ice caps and such.[...]

The only problem is most are not big or massive enough.

And the ice will sublimate to gas and fly off the planet.

The moons don't have an atmosphere and can't really gain any to begin with (without technological help).

The only problem is most are not big or massive enough.

And the ice will sublimate to gas and fly off the planet.

The moons don't have an atmosphere and can't really gain any to begin with (without technological help).

Again, the Orokin made Phobos a planetoid with what seems to be gravity similar to Earth's, you think they couldn't do it again?