Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oh, Hey. Now The Forums Look Beautiful.

taiiat

taiiat, where you got the website code from there is an option for a darkened background if it is too white for you.

it was still annoying. still pretty bright colors and such. i thought i'd be okay with the conveniently darkened image someone else had already done for me but it didn't cut it for me once i saw it all on an actual webpage.

so i made a black fill, realized that was too dark, and made a gray fill instead.

there is a beauty in simplicity anyways.

i still think i want to have a discussion (with whoever decided on those colors) about some basic rules of Web Design, Graphic Design, and Photography. and why that 'light theme' is... done poorly.

Edited by taiiat

there is a beauty in simplicity anyways.

i still think i want to have a discussion about some basic rules of Web Design, Graphic Design, and Photography. and why that 'light theme' is... done poorly.

Going to have to agree with you. 

Never had a saw a forum theme quite like the one we got, granted, it DID get a bit better after the initial implementation.

Still, I enjoy the work Shifted had created, finding a good (if not fully complete) example of how to distinguish a more focused style. 

The light theme feels a lot like "a lot of white and some red highlights".

The light theme feels a lot like "a lot of white and some red highlights".

mmmm.

best of all, the colors i have make the natural focus of attention of the page the actual content, whereas the 'light theme' has the main focus of the page as literally everything.

meh. i should stop ranting.