Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Hosting.

Karlox

Hi there. I've encountered this issue on me since some time ago. I want to host, but I can't. Let me explain:

Actually I'm running a pretty good connection for hosting: 100MB download and 10MB upload (the real deal, what makes my net capable of hosting a lot of players). But the problem is: I'm always paired with people.

Yeah, I tried that option of reducing latency limits to join people below 100ms and here come few problems.

The first one is when I'm paired with someone with good latency alone or in duo. But when the third and the fourth players join the game is a mess. And to that add the spawn of the enemies that increase the latency like hell because the poor host barely has good upload. And when there's a good host, there's some delay while picking things or Carrier working 2 seconds after I walk in that zone so sometimes he misses things. And there's a low chance of encountering a decent host without having that big delay.

The second one is that I just simply wanna host. Why? Because I can, because I want, because I should have the right to be the leader (host in this case) in a public matchmaking game if I want to. But what's the problem? I can't. I'm paired 75% of the times with people although I decrease the latency range to 100 or less to barely find or not find anyone at all to be paired with. Although being paired is not always completely bad, for the aforementioned reasons, I wanna be the host.

So here's my proposition: We have Public - Private - Friends Only and Solo. You cannot start the game on private and change it to public later so why not having two Publics? Public Matchmaking Search and Public Force Hosting that makes you to be the host of the game and then people only can join after you select the node.

Not sure if this is the correct section. Apologies if not.

Edited by Karlox

it's not only internet connection that matters, it's the hosts PC specs also. since this is P2P the host's pc has to handle all the info from the other players PC's and keep track of everything and then upload it to the warframe servers at the end of the mission. if the host's pc can't handle the workload, you wind up with lag. what are your PC specs??

Ya I too like to ensure I'm always hosting as it vastly improves my Warframe experience.

I'd prefer a settings option for always hosting or choose who would host if you have a squad.  It would solve the occasional host migration at mission start when hosting a void mission to migrate to a "better" host, which then auto fails at mission start because the new host isn't the one who used a key to start the mission or some such glitch.

The matchmaker options do all serve their own purpose currently as private is just whoever is in the squad or invited and friends only allows people, who you've used add friend on, to join your game from the friends menu without actually being invited, not sure if friends only works with matchmaker when two friends independently click on the same mission node.

what are your PC specs??

Believe me. I could run more than 18 Warframes at the same time.

Intel Core i7-5930K 3.5GHZ

32GB RAM DDR4

4TB Sata 3 of HHD BUT Warframe is on a SSD Sata 3 of 960GB

NVIDIA GTX 980 GAMING WINDFORCE

Do you need anything more? Believe me, they won't have spikes for me.

The game prioritizes matching players with pre-existing groups rather than alienating people with great connections and placing them into empty maps.

Edit: And don't believe people telling you that PC specs determine your hosting quality, because that's simply false. I can host flawlessly whether or not I'm on my i7 4770 or my Pentium 4 from 2004. Connection quality is golden.

Edited by JohnProdman