The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coincidence? I Think Not!

MegpoidBeetle

Obviously. Can't fault them for trying though. It's your own fault if you pay for it just like it's your own fault if you grind for it. I won't hold either against DE. If they can make the money off you suckers then they should.

I only go Prime Access as a way of supporting (usually about the same as 50% + stuff)  and I only buy plat directly @ 75% off.

Update 15.5 came out and we were introduced to the offspring of Hydroid and Vauban's grindwall.

And then we got that black friday platinum sale.

Put those two together, I'd say teh grind is to make us buy plats and get Mesa!

IT'S ALL A MARKETING SCHEME.

Actually, that might be the case. It does make some sense when one thinks about it. 

I don't think DE is that malicious to have this happen.

Considering how they know how the community will react. 

Oh please.

I guess is they noticed they weren't making enough from standard price impulse buys so they made the push for some extra.

Otherwise the "black friday" deal would be live way earlier.

Either way, I don't mind that they did it. I never buy warframes (I consider that content skipping) and even if I did I'm already 2/3 on mesa parts, so too late, DE.

Marketing can be a rather twisted thing. 

I mean, with such a very good way to increase sales, it would be very attractive for a profit-seeking business. 

True, but again consider the fact that the last time they made a horrible choice we had a boycott happen for the game (small, but it shows that players are willing to go that far). 

They wont do something for the intention of screwing over the players.

I don't think DE is that malicious to have this happen.

Considering how they know how the community will react. 

Considering they've done a lot of things and yet known how the community would react (explosive ammo nerf, Viver nerf, Overheat removal, Iron Skin change, Snow Globe change, etc.) I'm not inclined to believe this is any different. Besides, they said that the quests were a way around Hydroid's grindwall and look at how you get Mesa now - I expect the acquisition to be far easier after the sale, when everyone's bought her.

Considering they've done a lot of things and yet known how the community would react (explosive ammo nerf, Viver nerf, Overheat removal, Iron Skin change, Snow Globe change, etc.) I'm not inclined to believe this is any different. Besides, they said that the quests were a way around Hydroid's grindwall and look at how you get Mesa now - I expect the acquisition to be far easier after the sale, when everyone's bought her.

The explosive ammo nerf was justified, and most players understood this. 

Viver is one I've already used the example of. 

Iron skin change was justified. 

I don't know what the changes are for snow globe or overheat (never use the respective frames for either) so I cannot comment on those.

I don't know what the changes are for snow globe or overheat (never use the respective frames for either) so I cannot comment on those.

Snow Globe used to be purely duration-based, then it was changed to have a health limit with armor values determined by Frost's armor.

Overheat was like Ember's only defensive skill, damage reduction with minor AoE damage before they changed it to Accelerant.

Snow Globe used to be purely duration-based, then it was changed to have a health limit with armor values determined by Frost's armor.

Overheat was like Ember's only defensive skill, damage reduction with minor AoE damage before they changed it to Accelerant.

The snow globe one does make some form of sense, if i assume correctly, they changed it because the duration times would go far too long?

I cannot comment on Ember's abilities, because in all honesty I don't view her in a good way.

The snow globe one does make some form of sense, if i assume correctly, they changed it because the duration times would go far too long?

I cannot comment on Ember's abilities, because in all honesty I don't view her in a good way.

Yea if I'm not mistaken Narrow Minded came out before Snow Globe's change, so you can just spawn mini Snow Globes that fit just right for the objectivrs in void defense.

As an experienced (I consider myself that.) Frost Player: Do you realize that indestructable Snowglobe would have pratically became a permanent and indestructable wall around the objectives in any defense mission? Especially since, unlike let's say Iron Skin, you can cast 2 or more istances of it at the same time?

That said, I don't even believe that a good player would ever be affected by that nerf.

Yea if I'm not mistaken Narrow Minded came out before Snow Globe's change, so you can just spawn mini Snow Globes that fit just right for the objectivrs in void defense.

Then I view that as a justified change.

Accelerant though, no idea what to say.

Still, I don't think DE is doing this to screw everyone over. 

True, but again consider the fact that the last time they made a horrible choice we had a boycott happen for the game (small, but it shows that players are willing to go that far). 

They wont do something for the intention of screwing over the players.

what was it about? (boycott)

It was when they nerfed excal, mag and trinity during the Viver fiasco. A user was really &!$$ed and he boycotted the game with others.

Someone actually did it? I heard people was planning to do so, but in the end DE fixed the nerf before it happened.

And it wasn't just one user.