Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quests: How They Were Meant To Be Grindless

noveltyhero

Quests do need some serious rework. For example, most of them lacks what quest should have, and that is good storytelling. So far only vor prize had that, cutscenes, vor actually popping out often to taunt and talking all sorta villain nonsense. None other guests have those.

Other quests just have typical small icon appears and talks something. It feels like after vor prize quest were done at DE studios they thought: "man that was a lot of work, lets not do that again"

Other thing is missions itself, they are same what you usually do in star chart/void. Multiple times in same quest, just no. If making quest specific missions are not option, just do like missions varies as quest goes on, or actually do what have been done before, sabotage mission changes to exe during mission, exe changes to spy etc. I would love to see more character interaction, more cutscenes and at least not grindy mission if nothing else. I know that it is hard to make character interaction considering that tennos are voiceless, but that is reason why we have lotus, ordis and now syndicate leaders.

Edited by (PS4)SofeSNBR

Maybe they need to get some new brains on the team to help out with the character building for voiceless characters.

Let's just say Wall-E didn't talk much but that robot had more character than any of the NPCs in this game (IMO) :/

Oh Wall-E i love that little guy... *niisk* feels. But you are right, it is possible do strong characters out of voiceless characters. But it does require a lot talent, wich i gotta be honest, i doubt DE have....

Honestly i'm not surprised by the grind walls, as a marketing tool to get more ppl to purchase plat to get mesa. That's just business. It doesn't surprise me. What surprises me is that after so many grind walls and time barriers that have been in place in this game that when a new one comes out people act either like it's from left field, or they seem surprised that DE hasn't changed their game.

Should they change it? Well, we can all agree that improvements can be made, many posts in this thread have given some great and thoughtful ideas.

Will they change? If they think they'll lose plat purchases if they change it, then no they will not change it.

If it means they lose players (aka plat purchasing customers) then yeah, they'll probably change it.

What's likely to happen? probably a compromise inbetween. Grind walls and time barriers for some content (that will give them the most plat purchases) and no grind walls and time barriers for others (where they're less likely to have people purchase plat).

But this is just my realistic take on it. Curious as always what other think.

You meant the thousand other mods that you get from spamming Draco mindlessly for 1 week?

You're the one that needs a clue.

you seem awfully flustered by that thread, and no before draco was a thing for syndicate on ps4 i used to run t4 survivals most of the time so when youre getting between 65-85 r5s every couple hours maxing out heavy cals to sell isnt a big deal, im not sure how the prices on pc are but heavy cal sells easily 300p on ps4 i could farm the mods and what not required for that a lot faster than the supposed grindwall or whatever you entitled brats complain about on pc and still have plat left over while youre waiting for your alerts and time to build etc. This game is fine, really if you spent more time in game than on the forums you might actually get things accomplished.

Honestly i'm not surprised by the grind walls, as a marketing tool to get more ppl to purchase plat to get mesa. That's just business. It doesn't surprise me. What surprises me is that after so many grind walls and time barriers that have been in place in this game that when a new one comes out people act either like it's from left field, or they seem surprised that DE hasn't changed their game.

Should they change it? Well, we can all agree that improvements can be made, many posts in this thread have given some great and thoughtful ideas.

Will they change? If they think they'll lose plat purchases if they change it, then no they will not change it.

If it means they lose players (aka plat purchasing customers) then yeah, they'll probably change it.

What's likely to happen? probably a compromise inbetween. Grind walls and time barriers for some content (that will give them the most plat purchases) and no grind walls and time barriers for others (where they're less likely to have people purchase plat).

But this is just my realistic take on it. Curious as always what other think.

Good & logical analysis. When you want people to buy things, you handle it like this,after all.

Quests do need some serious rework. For example, most of them lacks what quest should have, and that is good storytelling. So far only vor prize had that, cutscenes, vor actually popping out often to taunt and talking all sorta villain nonsense. None other guests have those.

Other quests just have typical small icon appears and talks something. It feels like after vor prize quest were done at DE studios they thought: "man that was a lot of work, lets not do that again"

Other thing is missions itself, they are same what you usually do in star chart/void. Multiple times in same quest, just no. If making quest specific missions are not option, just do like missions varies as quest goes on, or actually do what have been done before, sabotage mission changes to exe during mission, exe changes to spy etc. I would love to see more character interaction, more cutscenes and at least not grindy mission if nothing else. I know that it is hard to make character interaction considering that tennos are voiceless, but that is reason why we have lotus, ordis and now syndicate leaders.

Someone put the finger right on the wound! Indeed, I was amazed when playing Vor's quest : cutscenes made with the game engine!

Vor's face interrupt you during your mission, you get to destroy the triangulators that manipulate you,and so on...

The last cutscene is the first archwing moment. Then POOF normal gameplay quests with transmissions from time to time.Quests are good,but we miss their "movie-ish" aspect : I wanted to see some grineer being chewed(like in a horror movie) in the Once Awake quest before gunblazing them,for instance!