Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Super Marelok

Twilight5007

Ahhh, non Steel Meridian mortals are jealous I see *evil laugh*.     

In all seriousness, I don't think it's actually that great, crit is better yeah, but crit damage is still measly 150%, so it's not really viable for a crit build. Status is pretty much the same, original weapon has such high status you probably won't notice the boost on the new one. Damage itself is roughly the same, just this time it is worse IMO, because they took away slash and added impact, which is really bad on a status weapon, because slash proc >>>>> impact proc.    

Overall, it's about the same I would say. If 4 more bullets in clip is what you were looking for go for it, but if you have the regular Marelok forma'd and potatoed I would say skip this, it's really not worth it unless you only fight corpus.   

That's just my opinion after testing the builds on warframe builder and looking at the stats.    

EDIT: Forgot to talk about justice stat that is built in, yea, that is ok I guess, but it's a high level weapon, so 1000 blast damage really won't do much if you take it to high level void. More slash damage (huge DOT + ignores armor) balances the 2 weapons out.  

I just don't think it's worth getting and putting potatoes and formas into it if you already have a maxed out regular version, unless you got a lot of spare resources that you don't need

Edited by RektumExplorer

I used marelok as my main secondary be4 this one, just for the terminator feeling

I didn t see much changes with the stats, but for me the main advantage to vaykor is the innate justice effect

This is a marvel for crowd control, area stun/blast centered on you every few mobs killed? I wouldn t want DE to change it but even I find it op

This gun is a killer

All the people suggesting syndicate primaries instead of the Marelok are missing the point that DE intentionally fielded a "test set" of syndicate secondary weapons. Probably because if one of them wound up being overpowered, it was less damaging to game balance than if they had juiced a primary weapon too far. Things will get evened out over time as Syndicate rewards as a whole get fleshed out better.

My only issue is that instead of the Marelok, why not give Steel Meridian a pretty new Stug to play with? This was the perfect opportunity to take a rarely-used sidearm and give it a slight bump so that maybe more people would use it. And it's not like the Stug is a former event weapon (Brakk) or gated behind Clan tech (Marelok).

marelok haters everywhere =.= this isnt really a buff beside from the +1 thingy,20% crit with 1.5x isnt worth investing in.And its on status is already reached 100% on the normal version,Staus buff is useless too.WHY HATE T_T

There is also something else to consider.

Justice.

A AoE proc that gives you health.

It can get you up from a downed state.

There are a handful of weapons that do this, previously, it was furis and viper.

Now, there's Marelok and Castanas.

Can people not see that it actually has lower damage vs anything that isn't shielded or robotic? And the status chance does NOTHING? Since it could already easily reach 100% status chance? So it's a normal Marelok with overall LESS damage (and let's face it, corpus are squishy anyway when compared to grineer) but 5% higher crit chance...can't see how that is an actual improvement, besides the fact that it looks slightly better than the normal Marelok. 

Can people not see that it actually has lower damage vs anything that isn't shielded or robotic? And the status chance does NOTHING? Since it could already easily reach 100% status chance? So it's a normal Marelok with overall LESS damage (and let's face it, corpus are squishy anyway when compared to grineer) but 5% higher crit chance...can't see how that is an actual improvement, besides the fact that it looks slightly better than the normal Marelok. 

1) The damage loss is completely and utterly neglible in a game where the main damage source is extra elemental damage. Seriously, most builds run at least 3-4 elemental mods, which even assuming you are running purely status/elemental mods pretty much ensures as least 60% of your damage comes off of elements.

2) The clip size also increased. Granted, Marelok isn't much of a slow reloading the weapon, but it still makes it even more OP.

3) It has an innate ability to gather and dish out Justice, which the regular Marelok plainly CANNOT do. Yes, the health regen and the damage becomes less valuable the higher level you go, but you'll have to be pretty impractical if you don't like essentially having a free ultimate every few seconds of fighting using one of the few weapons in the game that can one-shot well into endless tier.

For my part, I really wished they made a syndicate Kraken instead, as that gun needed a lot more love than the Marelok. I am also a little sad given that I just finally finished forma-ing my regular Marelok just a month ago, having held it off in the event that they would release Twin Marelok. But I'll be kidding myself if I don't immediately jumped onto getting this gun ASAP (helps that I main Steel Meridian). It really is a super Marelok that is better in almost every way with a VERY minute sacrifice to attack power that is ultimately neglible.

Ahhh, non Steel Meridian mortals are jealous I see *evil laugh*.     

In all seriousness, I don't think it's actually that great, crit is better yeah, but crit damage is still measly 150%, so it's not really viable for a crit build. Status is pretty much the same, original weapon has such high status you probably won't notice the boost on the new one. Damage itself is roughly the same, just this time it is worse IMO, because they took away slash and added impact, which is really bad on a status weapon, because slash proc >>>>> impact proc.    

Overall, it's about the same I would say. If 4 more bullets in clip is what you were looking for go for it, but if you have the regular Marelok forma'd and potatoed I would say skip this, it's really not worth it unless you only fight corpus.   

That's just my opinion after testing the builds on warframe builder and looking at the stats.    

EDIT: Forgot to talk about justice stat that is built in, yea, that is ok I guess, but it's a high level weapon, so 1000 blast damage really won't do much if you take it to high level void. More slash damage (huge DOT + ignores armor) balances the 2 weapons out.  

I just don't think it's worth getting and putting potatoes and formas into it if you already have a maxed out regular version, unless you got a lot of spare resources that you don't need

I replaced my potato'd Marelok with it. Not for the ammo or damage, but because of Justice.

I can self revive with it.

I replaced my potato'd Marelok with it. Not for the ammo or damage, but because of Justice.

I can self revive with it.

Huh, forgot that was a thing. Makes it even more OP then, considering that it can EASILY one-shot enemies, so the chance of you building up that bar when you get ganged up and downed by a crowd of enemies is actually pretty good.

Honestly, while the other minor buffs are nice, Justice is what REALLY what makes this weapon shine.

Huh, forgot that was a thing. Makes it even more OP then, considering that it can EASILY one-shot enemies, so the chance of you building up that bar when you get ganged up and downed by a crowd of enemies is actually pretty good.

Honestly, while the other minor buffs are nice, Justice is what REALLY what makes this weapon shine.

I used it in the Mutalist Incursions Survival as Nova and self revived so many times to save myself with it. Not even level 30. It was level 10 (first forma) when I used it in the mission.

Isn't there any other grineer themed secondary worthy of upgrade? Marelok buffs seems kinda silly :)

Personally would like to have seen a souped up version of the Kraken - with improved looks as well as stats.

Love the original Marelok btw (using it feels like a cross between the Terminator and Dirty Harry, plus it's the coolest-looking grineer weapon in the game imo). However not sure they really needed to add a buffed version.