Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yo, Like Don't Do Excalibur Prime, Do Dragon Excalibur

Thural

@Jinryusai
When DE offered the founders the exclusive prime frame and weapons that was supposed to actually be it.  Those were supposed to be the only primes in the game with no other frames or weapons in their category.

It was only quite a bit later that enough people whinged and complained that they didn't have a gold trimmed frame that they released Frost Prime to calm the masses.
And that was originally stated to be event exclusive(That part didn't last long at all).

Cue more whinging and here's where we are now.

DE has done right by the founders to keep to the terms of the agreement that they made and keep the Founders items exclusive to the founders.

So its not like they purposefully made the founders primes exclusive to prevent non-founders from getting the complete set.  The original intention was that they would be no more primes.

As for your ideas, you're right that they would be shot down.
I paid 250$ for a frame and 2 weapons that were exclusive to founders and wouldn't be available to anyone else.
I didn't pay 250$ for a small stat or polarity slot (which I can forma and level a frame in 30 minutes with a new polairty) difference from everyone else having the exact same frame.
Because there is nothing exclusive there.

Further, there have been threads, like this one, about releasing a new excal variant to get around the whole "Cant give out excal prime" clause in the founders packs.  And they generally get shot down because they wouldn't solve the issue.
The people that want excal prime wont be happy with a slightly different version because it still wouldn't be excal prime.
And it just stinks of loophole abuse.
It would be like DE saying "You know how we said that prime accessories are exclusive to prime access?  We just released Dragon Misa that you can buy with plat!  Completely different than Misa Prime, see?  Different colours!"
It would only cause players to lose trust in DE in the long run.

This is purely a psychological problem, and even if all players did get a Excalibur Prime, suddenly the insanity would move to the next object they can't get, and they will start demanding that one.

This prime is part of a long list of primes so they are less likely to care something where future versions do not exist or available.

This topic is very painful, as it seems to always divide... I wish there was an easy answer, and I really do look forward to more unique skins and such in the future. But, I don't think it is wise to make a non-Excal Prime "Excal Prime" variant; it has been pretty thoroughly discussed in other topics in the past, and no common ground that makes everyone happy seems to exist. So, as hard as it is to say, we should keep it the way it is.

Now, if the Devs want to make a new series of variant frames that are based off the Dragon Nikana, or Dex, or Wraith, or Vandal, or ____ then I am behind that. It would be interesting to see more variation to frames, both in stats and functionality.

Love this community: "When we cant have it nobody should have an advantage with it!"

Its not like we paid our asses off in the early phase of this game and are one of the reasons you can enjoy it right now. Yes we got plat, yes we got prayms, was a nice investment for DE.

But please stop being butthurt if some exclusive stuff is better than what you have. I bet the community would burn in rage if excal prime had all stats by 20% increased. Just because of jealousy. Because thats humanity.

Now im sad.

Interestingly, I find this community to be one of the nicest... I can't stand the acid/rage and negativity on some forums/games. This one actually allows for mostly civil discussion most of the time, lol

Do you honestly think your the first person to suggest this?

Also, its not about "founders getting their panties in a knot", its about players that can't handle not having a few functionally useless cosmetic shinies that a small portion of others have.

Its about players that have an "if I can't have it, no one can" 

Even if excal P was made available to everyone once they had that they would move on to demanding the next exclusive they can't have (prime access cosmetics, skana Prime, lato prime)

This wouldn't solve anything, because people want excal prime, not dragon excal.

We would still see a plethora of "y no excal P?" threads etc.

Edited by StinkyPygmy