The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.9.0: The Glaive

[DE]Rebecca

Tired of 0 ammo boxes lol.

You're tired of 0 ammo boxes? I'm tired of ammo boxes, period. Their chances are ridiculously high and you can't even trash or sell them. As cheap as they are on the market, if I wanted them, I'd buy them. It would honestly be nice if they had their chances lowered, if not have them removed outright.

But that's my opinion. If they're going to keep them, then at least give us the option to sell them.

That is NOT a Glaive.  WTF?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glaive

From your own link:

Starting around the 1980s the word began to describe a fourth type of weapon: a whirling projectile blade similar in structure to a shuriken but much larger and cast like achakram or hunga munga. This fictional weapon is usually portrayed as being able to return to its wielder, much like a boomerang. "Glaives" of this type have shown up in several films (such as KrullBlade, and Batman Begins) and other aspects of fantasy fiction (e.g. video games such as Warcraft III or Dark Sector).

Edited by LukEduBR

Look up Dark Sector (their other game). They're talking about that Glaive not the polearm variant *original*

If the devs of Dark Sector are ignorant as F***, that is no example.

From your own link:

Anyone can edit a wiki.  It just shows how $&*&*#(%& those people are.

Edited by BuckoFama

The nerf on the shotguns is understandable. It's a SHOTGUN, wouldn't blame you though since you haven't used one before. Shotguns excel in close range but aren't useful in mid to long-range; it's a great balance to the rest of the weapons in the game. I'm tired of seeing everyone with a freakin' Hek.

Except that many shotguns, in reality, are great for mid-range combat. I know that CoD didn't teach you that but, it is true! ;P 

Seriously though. we all knew the nerf was coming because the ranges it was reaching with that level of damage made it undeniably over the top in dps and made it viable for any range. I think we can all agree that the Hek did 'what it did' too well,

Now, however, IMO the Hek just doesn't compare to the the Strun's crowd control potential and added polarity slot in effective range and, let's face it, the Boar is well... the Boar!  By nerfing all of the shotguns like this, the other two now hold their own respective playstyle as intended, and as they should. Sadly, in the case of the Hek, the house of cards built on range and damage has been brought asunder; Without the range/damage combination, the Hek no longer has the capacity to effectively cut down incoming ranks before they overwhelm you (which usually bought you sufficient time to reload with the right mods) so you could keep the fight going. Now, it just plain struggles to find its own place in an arsenal that seemingly has better options at the same or better range.  

So now, the weapon that was "too good to be true" isn't even able to live up to being "great" on its own merits. What a fall from grace it is for the solitary reason many even cared what Mastery Rank they were to date. Beyond that, it is a sad fate for the weapon that was just hours ago, the Godslayer of the Tenno Arsenal.

R.I.P. Hek 

Was that dramatic enough for you?  hahha

Somewhere, a Tenno floods his mask with tears.  It all started like this...

Not too long ago, Tenno had been procuring Grineer firearms from trade routes and military convoys. The only reason Tenno had access to weapons like the Gorgon, Hek and the Grakata in the first place was due to very precise and unexpected raids. Grineer were repeatedly powerless to stop them, and despite countless attempts to route these strikes, they continued to occur.

Grineer High Command sat down and tried to solve this issue. Vay Hek #2084 (of whom there are thousands, due to cloning) suggested that they make their weapons extremely powerful, to make it easier to kill Tenno. But surprisingly, the rest of the Grineer Council disagreed.

You see, the Grineer know their soldiers suck. They know that, no matter what, a room full of 50 Grineer just isn't enough to stop Tenno. So they made a list of what they know what does kill Tenno:

∙ Lasers -  Shieldless Tenno are prone to tripping while doing unnecessary parkour, and gutting their faces.

∙ Bullet sponge armor - Death via lack of ammo and suicidal boredom, Tenno will use their last bullet to kill themselves.

∙ Rescue missions - If the Grineer capture mentally defective prisoners, the Tenno will always fail to rescue them.

∙ Underpowered weapons - If the Tenno can't do damage, they can't kill their target.

The Council instead suggested that the Grineer factories make their weapons less powerful. When Vay Hek #2084 objected, he was summarily executed and replaced by Vay Hek #2085, who was more favorable with the idea. The Grineer begrudgingly asked for the help of the Corpus, insisting that they upgrade their cameras to emit a deafening roar upon sight of a Tenno. Joint teams of Grineer and Corpus scientists banded together to provide humanitarian aid to Infested regions, peppering Infested territory and ships with medical supplies.

Together, they all laughed and fondled their fingers with their evil scheme; the Tenno would steal, and then use useless weapons, spraying plastic pellets all over with their Gorgons and Heks and Struns. They would cover their ears and bleed inside of their helmets. They would need to bring leashes and tard-guard helmets to their rescue missions. They would waste bullet after bullet on Infested who wisely accepted a free socialized medicine plan.

Suddenly, Tenno began falling left and right. The Grineer, Corpus, and Infested banded together to defeat their common enemy... and then realized that they needed each other forever. Their war ended, the three factions unified and listened to John Lennon's Imagine on repeat for days until they created a utopian society throughout the Solar System. Orokin artifacts and towers were evenly shared wherever they were found, peace and love prospered, and families of grotesque Grineer-Infested hybrid babies flourished.

All it took was a few dead Tenno to make humanity realize just how pointless war really is. And we have Digital Extremes to thank for that.

Thank you, Digital Extremes.

Edited by Kahruvel

Fixes:

- Fixed Banshee Soundquake power that was causing visibility issues for other players (not the caster).

- Fixed Ember's Fire Blast power that was causing visibility issues for other players (not the caster).

Fantastic! Can't wait to see.

And the fix to alerts seem to work too. Of 2 alerts no disconnect when joining.

Looking good.

Ah, good point. I completely misread that. I thought it was increased base damage from the notes, but it's obviously crit damage.

Essentially it's a bigger version of the viper, with a much bigger clip. Mediocre damage, high critical chance, high rate of fire.

Lol, I got my Hek supercharged and with the best possible mods yesterday and the next day, they nerf it. I knew they were going to nerf it eventually, but I didn't think it would be so soon.

Ditto.

Can i get my potato back? :/

Except that many shotguns, in reality, are great for mid-range combat. I know that CoD didn't teach you that but, it is true! ;P 

Seriously though. we all knew the nerf was coming because the ranges it was reaching with that level of damage made it undeniably over the top in dps and made it viable for any range. I think we can all agree that the Hek did 'what it did' too well,

Now, however, IMO the Hek just doesn't compare to the the Strun's crowd control potential and added polarity slot in effective range and, let's face it, the Boar is well... the Boar!  By nerfing all of the shotguns like this, the other two now hold their own respective playstyle as intended, and as they should. Sadly, in the case of the Hek, the house of cards built on range and damage has been brought asunder; Without the range/damage combination, the Hek no longer has the capacity to effectively cut down incoming ranks before they overwhelm you (which usually bought you sufficient time to reload with the right mods) so you could keep the fight going. Now, it just plain struggles to find its own place in an arsenal that seemingly has better options at the same or better range.  

So now, the weapon that was "too good to be true" isn't even able to live up to being "great" on its own merits. What a fall from grace it is for the solitary reason many even cared what Mastery Rank they were to date. Beyond that, it is a sad fate for the weapon that was just hours ago, the Godslayer of the Tenno Arsenal.

R.I.P. Hek 

Was that dramatic enough for you?  hahha

Actually, shotguns are good for a great number of things provided the correct ammunition.  That doesn't give you an excuse to go inserting futuristic, FRAG-12, grenade-like, 12-gauge rounds into your game and breaking balance.

If you want to talk reality, the effective range of most rifles outshines that of shotguns by miles (depending on the rifle, quite literally miles).  Since you can't even shoot nearly that far in this game, we'll go ahead and assume the guns will be put into the useful perspective range of the game world and not the real world.

PEOPLE!! 

Just because Glaive BPs aren't in the market today......doesn't mean they're never going to be in the market.

Ya wants it NOW, ya gots no patience, then ya pays the plat!  Ya bides ya time, who knows what kuh happ'n?

...sheesh......sum peeple's chiddren...

YEA I KNOW BUT ONE THING CAN I THROW A DICTIONARY IN YOUR FACE?