Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.9.0: The Glaive

[DE]Rebecca

To all who keep wondering about the Glaive BP's not in the market. They aren't supposed to be in there, if I read correctly. They are only intended to be in the "? Alert" and Platinum purchase. If I am wrong then let the staff correct me, but that is what it seems to be.

i like the fact that the blueprint is only available via alert because in the end when ur waiting to finish the building that took half the day it feels even better at the end since u actually worked to get it. 

Waiting on the forums for RNG isn't work, though.

Since we are up to 7.9.0 already, is update 8 soon? I always find it counter-intuitive when version numbers are written in decimal notation and do not follow decimal rules, in that 7.10 is technically the same as 7.1. After 7.9 should come 8.0 if you are going through version numbers in a way that makes sense to most people.

Its not something that actually matters, I just have always found it odd as hell. I probably wouldn't even care at all if people just wrote them with dashes or slashes or any other kind of notation besides a decimal point. But I guess I am just weird like that.

Important EDIT: I just noticed a bug! When you kill fusion cores into your Seeking Force modulator, the max rating should be 0.4, but it won't go to 0.4, it stays on 0.3, so 0.3 two times, WTF is it a bug or what?

0.3, 0.35 are both shown as 0.3.

Edited by arune

Epic update,DE. I hope we'll see more alert-only stuff in future.

And lol at all these spoiled brats being all pathethic and announcing how they are leaving the game because an obviously op weapon got nerfed. Way to act mature, guys. *slow clap*

Ok Seeking Force doesn't help sh*t. Lost 4 pages of fusion cores and did not help anything. The game is dead for me, gave it some tries after the update, but no this is stupid and unnecessary. I'm out. God how I loved this game...Im back to other games, good luck everyone dealing with this thing. NOT coming back to forum.

GAME WAS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.

wasting a slot for puncture mod and then complaining that the hek does not do enough damage.. even after patch. good job.. don't let the door hit you.

Ok Seeking Force doesn't help sh*t. Lost 4 pages of fusion cores and did not help anything. The game is dead for me, gave it some tries after the update, but no this is stupid and unnecessary. I'm out. God how I loved this game...Im back to other games, good luck everyone dealing with this thing. NOT coming back to forum.

So, you played the game, noticed that there is a shotgun, by the name of HEK, that is massively overpowered for any "normal" mission.

Thereby limiting what people think is a viable "end-game" weapon.

so, now that DE are trying to fix that, and actually making the shotgun behave like a shotgun. You stop playing?

I just dont get it.

Why is it that people are so attached to their "shinies" ?

Since we are up to 7.9.0 already, is update 8 soon? I always find it counter-intuitive when version numbers are written in decimal notation and do not follow decimal rules, in that 7.10 is technically the same as 7.1. After 7.9 should come 8.0 if you are going through version numbers in a way that makes sense to most people. Its not something that actually matters, I just have always found it odd as hell. I probably wouldn't even care at all if people just wrote them with dashes or slashes or any other kind of notation besides a decimal point. But I guess I am just weird like that.

Just pretend they aren't using decimal fractions and thus not limited to base 10.

It's not too good to be true. The game is awesome and that's the truth. See what I did there.

I'm just tired to see people saying this is a great update when the best weapons, especially Gorgon that was very well balanced, have been nerfed for an unknown reason. I just take me as exemple, i like to make solo missions, even when it's very hard, cuz i like to try to be quiet and don't be spotted. Gorgon was very useful for this cuz it was able to be good in any situation, medium range sniping, short range heavy fire rate etc. And now what ? We have to play in groups to can do those missions. Yeah thx a lot, awesome update, now i have to play with guys even don't knowing what be stealth means.

For the Hex, i still don't have it, i don't have the level 4. But i remember to all people complaining about its nerf, it's a SHOTGUN ! Definition of shotgun : powerful weapon at close range. That means everything. Doing snipe with a shotgun is theorically impossible. Dispersion of projectiles is too huge to can be useful.

And to all people saying this update is great, when u don't have test everything, just don't come there with your little cute faces just to say "Good job DE, keep going." No that's not good job, this update is a failure in its most part, up to me.

Edited by NemShadow

So, you played the game, noticed that there is a shotgun, by the name of HEK, that is massively overpowered for any "normal" mission.

Thereby limiting what people think is a viable "end-game" weapon.

so, now that DE are trying to fix that, and actually making the shotgun behave like a shotgun. You stop playing?

I just dont get it.

Why is it that people are so attached to their "shinies" ?

When you keep on farming several days for some mods/cores to upgrade your weapon and then you find out it was wasted time, it &!$$es of everyone, go and say "get a life" okay, we should get a life because we are trying to hard to get some things in the game, that's why some guys will prefer to say "f**k this S#&$, i'm out"

Edit: Me a gorgon user, who has been farming for a multishot for over 8-9 days, used over 130 cores to upgrade the mods (mods that i've aquired in 3 weeks of gameplay), supercharged it (i'm a f2p, hard to get potatoes), then because of the update, ANY shotgun is better than my gorgon, because it isn't @(*()$ able to shoot anything past 15m, of course i'm pissed off.

Edited by Hatr

I'm just tired to see people saying this is a great update when the best weapons, especially Gorgon that was very well balanced, have been nerfed for an unknown reason. I just take me as exemple, i like to make solo missions, even when it's very hard, cuz i like to try to be quiet and don't be spotted. Gorgon was very useful for this cuz it was able to be good in any situation, medium range sniping, short range heavy fire rate etc. And now what ? We have to play in groups to can do those missions. Yeah thx a lot, awesome update, now i have to play with guys even don't knowing what be stealth means.

For the Hex, i still don't have it, i don't have the level 4. But i remember to all people complaining about its nerf, it's a SHOTGUN ! Definition of shotgun : powerful weapon at close range. That means everything. Doing snipe with a shotgun is theorically impossible. Dispersion of projectiles is too huge to can be useful.

And to all people saying this update is great, when u don't have test everything, just don't come there with your little cute faces just to say "Good job DE, keep going." No that's not good job, this update is a failure in its most part, up to me.

Wait a minute. You're going stealth with a minigun ? Haha of all the things I wasn't expecting that.

And I think the update is great. Not because of nerfings, they do seem harsh. But because of all the other stuff. Joining alert missions is so much smoother and I can play with a Banshee teammate without going blind.

When you keep on farming several days for some mods/cores to upgrade your weapon and then you find out it was wasted time, it &!$$es of everyone, go and say "get a life" okay, we should get a life because we are trying to hard to get some things in the game, that's why some guys will prefer to say "f**k this S#&$, i'm out"

Edit: Me a gorgon user, who has been farming for a multishot for over 8-9 days, used over 130 cores to upgrade the mods (mods that i've aquired in 3 weeks of gameplay), supercharged it (i'm a f2p, hard to get potatoes), then because of the update, ANY shotgun is better than my gorgon, because it isn't @(*()$ able to shoot anything past 15m, of course i'm &!$$ed off.

Gorgon's still good for mass infested at really long ranges.  Least you don't have damage fall off past 5m.

Also, damn people don't know shotgun physics. Shotgun ranges are limited by spread and the aim of the user rather than some arbitrary damage fall off  (apparently air resistance is greater in space).

Also, Bronco's reload got even buggier this patch. -_- Can't wait for 7.10 or 7.9.1 for some un-nerfs and fixing my damn bronco.

Gorgon's still good for mass infested at really long ranges.  Least you don't have damage fall off past 5m.

Also, damn people don't know shotgun physics. Shotgun ranges are limited by spread and the aim of the user rather than some arbitrary damage fall off  (apparently air resistance is greater in space).

Also, Bronco's reload got even buggier this patch. -_- Can't wait for 7.10 or 7.9.1 for some un-nerfs and fixing my damn bronco.

15-20m, i don't consider it long range, try shooting an ancient at 15m far away.. you must be lucky to hit him with half of bullets

isnt Heat Swords or some other weapon like this?

just curious and a tad bit lazy to do my own homework atm.

single shotting the gorgon before allowed it ot be a epic semi automatic HMG, and the high rof was gret against bosses or crowd control. I never used full auto unless I was point blank and I have yet to find a multishot mod for my rifles (grrr)

But yea, Gorgon was fine before this patch. I wish they woulda left it alone.

Yes yes, they are, however my point was that the glaive being the -first- of it's type shouldn't be slapped into the "Alert only" category.

Like, say, the Dark Sword, it's not the first of it's kind, we have other options of it's type (I.e. Longsword). Whereas the Glaive is the first throwing weapon of it's type. Equal opportunity and all that.

Of course it can be argued that Alerts are equal opportunity, but then because of it's random factor, a lot of people will miss out on having this new -type- of weapon due to timezones, etc etc.

Again, this isn't a hate post.