The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.9.0: The Glaive

[DE]Rebecca

CRAP!! WTH man, I just barely got the hek cuz I thought it'd be better than the Strun. The strun was the only thing that keeps me alive in the higher infested levels, and now the HEK is HECKA useless! great. and my strun sucks now too. The Hek is a high mastery weapon. isn't it supposed to be awesome?! you have to beat yourself bloody to be able to buy it in the firstplace and now it's pretty much for display only.    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Edited by AkosAmun

Maybe now I'll have a reason to use something other than the Hek for once.

I didn't even realize there were other weapons before this update.

Ha, Hek is still the bestest gun ever... all they did is make it feel a bit crappier to use the best gun.

Edited by LiekZomg

Colour customization on many weapons is now broken, they show as varying shades of grey regardless of the colour palette, or the colour that is used.

***EDIT*** seems anything that was not currently equipped including warframes are affected.

Edited by HexCaliber

- Gorgon accuracy adjustments while aimed.

After my test

Why Gorgon become inaccuracy while amied?...

For example

target at 100m, Old seting may only cost 1~2 rounds to hit the target (first hit)

Now, you may cost 3~4 rounds or more

First round hit become harder than before...

not Mentioned no aiming....

epic overdo is an understatement.

no dmg dropoff untill atleast 30 meters away, for f*** sake, real shotguns have 40meters of effective range, even up to 75+ depending on the kinds of parts u use

agreed that HEK should be the most powerful weapon in the game with a steep dropoff of dmg at range, but NOT A F********** LINEAR ONE, i cant one shot a lvl 20 grineer with a headshot at some 20 meters anymore (+100% dmg, 120% multishot, 90% AP), and at closer ranges, it's just better to use akbolto instead

Effective range

Bird shot, roughly 30-40 yards for small game. Larger animals, it won't do much unless you are CLOSE, like 10 yards or less

Buckshot, 60-70 yards, maybe a bit more. Buckshot fires maybe 10 pellets, but they are big. However, the farther away the target, the more likely that even if your aim is perfect, some of the pellets will miss.

slug, 100-120 yards or less will allow accurate shot placement, but with holdover and if you are worried more about 'minute of man' than 'deer vitals zone' then I'd say 150-175

So that's it then. The HEK officially uses space age Bird shot. Yes, I'm pissed off about this. VETO VETO VETO!

Good job for the fixes!

Frost first ability is common, second uncommon. Not rare anymore. But Mag ability is still rare... (well, I leveled all to max but still.. adjusting for new player?)

Bit sad for shotgun's nerf, and discovering Glaive BP is only alert/platinum. u_U

Also just when entered on Arsenal, most of my warframe colors reseted to white...

had to recolor all of them...

Edited by PhantomWay

K, so I'm not wrong, just not detailed enough....

Once the mass(es) leave the barrel, all your knowledge of gun mechanics means nothing, and basic physics takes over. A bullet simply does not lose its velocity perpendicular to gravity very quickly. So that bullet, impacting, will have a very, very, very, very ,very low damage drop off...I'm glad you know things, but unfortunately they aren't relevant here.

Wrong, its not only the spread; shotgun's are very inefficient when it comes to converting the energy from burning black powder into kinetic energy.

Unlike a rifle, where the round expands slightly at the moment of firing to completely fill the rifled barrel converting as much of the exhaust gasses into kinetic energy as possible, and to impart spin to help maintain range and accuracy. A shotgun is a mass of lead or steel balls rattling down the barrel, and much of the gas that would otherwise help propel the projectiles is wasted. If you ever have the opportunity to look at a slow mo of a shotgun firing you will see much of the gas escape the barrel before the projectiles.

The devs simply need to be more transparent and descriptive in some of these "changes" (cough nerfs).

- Fire rate adjustments to Akimbo and Semi-Auto Pistols.

Adjustments? Tell us exactly what was changed.

Hi DE Team, Hi Rebecca,

thanks for the update and for the nice work.

Could you kindly tell a little more detail about this fix:

- Fire rate adjustments to Akimbo and Semi-Auto Pistols.

What exactly do you mean with adjustments?

Kind regards

Praaiihhnnn

- New melee weapon: The Glaive.*

- Added new damage deformers for enemies, meaning more ways to dismember your foes.

- Added new Grineer death/fall sounds.

Changes:

- Increased base Crit Chance and Damage on Grakata.

- Moved Objectives to later part of missions so the route to extraction is shorter after objective is complete.

- Added damage fall-off to all shotguns--no more shotgun sniping.

- Revised sounds for security cameras.

- Multiple improvements to various sounds events (mixing, attenuation, surface materials).

Fixes:

- Fixed Ancient Healer power that was not healing surrounding Infested.

- Fixed some Defense mission issues with enemies spawning in areas they can't get down from.

- Fixed host migration during Spy missions where objectives would reset for clients after a host migration.

- Fixed login rewards clobbering your current loadout.

- Fixed Long Range weapons not consistently hitting targets at 50m or greater.

- Fixed various bugs and nav mesh issues in reported levels.

*Glaive blueprints are part of the Alert system.

WOOT! This is an update that I am completely satisfied with for a change! Except for the no shotgun sniping part, although i know that was totally necessary. Although I really want to know how long this "Ancient Healer not healing surrounding Infested" glitch was going on. Recently? Or from way back and no one noticed until now? Because it would be hilarious if it turns out the Healers were never healing the goons from the very start XD

Nice to see some fixes! Also, I am on the look out for the alerts more now, though there is one thing.

The Grakata has it's base crit and damage buffed. Is it the base damage of the gun or the base CRIT damage? because the base damage is still 9 I assume it's base crit damage but still...

Ah, good point. I completely misread that. I thought it was increased base damage from the notes, but it's obviously crit damage.

Lol at all the tears for no BP in the market, stop being cheap freeloaders and help support the Devs :D (inb4 downvotes)

It doesn't have to do with paying money for it, the BP is part of the Alert system. People are mostly whining because they'd have to wait for the right alert before they can test the Glaive out. Although personally I really prefer special stuff like this to be Alert-only.