Update 7.9.0: The Glaive

[DE]Rebecca

The defense fix is wonderful, however, nearly everything else in this patch sucks.

Shotguns are useless now

The glaive blueprint isn't that big of an issue, but people are afraid of baby steps and rightly so.

Power strikes got heavily nerfed by forcing the extra useless animation

Removing the lockers was annoying and it hurts the spirit of exploration, something the game advertises.

The Gorgon didn't need a nerf, it wasn't htat great before.

Ending on some positive notes: the healer fix is great and moving the end of the map closer to the objective is a wonderful adjustment.

Shotguns: Still extremely powerful, you just can't snipe with them anymore; i.e. they are now *gasp* shotguns

Rightly afraid of baby steps? Really?

"Power strikes" (I'm assuming you mean charged melee attacks) haven't changed

Lockers have not been removed.

To all you dudes who are crying due to the Gorgon and Hek nerfs, why don't the devs just revert those two guns, and then delete the others.

Seriously all these posts about how they suck now, this is a good path we're going on, otherwise the end game will be all Hek and Gorgon users, making it pointless for the devs to add new guns.

"Oh hey give us new weapons DE!" "Oh this Grakata sucks!" "More guns! More Frames!" "Oh this -new frame- and this -new weapon- sucks!"

and my favorite one "Give us more variety! Gameplay is getting boring!" says the user who wants to use a Gorgon/Hek for the rest of his game.

Really there is no pleasing some people.

Shotguns: Still extremely powerful, you just can't snipe with them anymore; i.e. they are now *gasp* shotguns

Rightly afraid of baby steps? Really?

"Power strikes" (I'm assuming you mean charged melee attacks) haven't changed

Lockers have not been removed.

You obviously haven't used the shotguns, you can barely shoot and kill people 15m out. I still dont know why the messed with the gorgon, I never heard anyone complaining about it being op

To all you dudes who are crying due to the Gorgon and Hek nerfs, why don't the devs just revert those two guns, and then delete the others.

Seriously all these posts about how they suck now, this is a good path we're going on, otherwise the end game will be all Hek and Gorgon users, making it pointless for the devs to add new guns.

"Oh hey give us new weapons DE!" "Oh this Grakata sucks!" "More guns! More Frames!" "Oh this -new frame- and this -new weapon- sucks!"

and my favorite one "Give us more variety! Gameplay is getting boring!" says the user who wants to use a Gorgon/Hek for the rest of his game.

Or, you know, make the other weapons good. 

And the nerf was for all shotguns, not only the Hek. That's right. The Boar is more useless than ever.

Uh huh. So what is the purpose of said weapons then, you can buy/build them at rank 3 and 4. Only to realize they suck BIG time.

So why not stick to BratonMK1 and Lato then?

If Hek and Gorgon weren't locked due to rank and we weren't told that hek and gorgon were designed to be better than all the other guns, no one would be complaining

I'm just really sick of all the nerfs on everything all the time, it's a PVE game, it's not supposed to be balanced

So I wasn't sure about the weapon balancing, I personally didn't use shotguns or the Gorgon much, but now every fifth post is someone sobbing into their pillow and threatening to leave over a patch that nerfed two weapons. So I figure, yeah, they must have been broken as all get out.

Wasn't one of the main attractions of this game the weapon variety? Find a new toy play with.

We DID play with tons of guns, making them to Level fkin' 30, to get to Rank 4 and buy the Hek. Noobs saying to Hek users to use more weapons. We did that to get to rank 4 my friend and now YES we have a right to use only Hek. Which is now totally useless destroyed no point. Let's make it rank 1, should we? Think before talking oh my god.

Edited by Lyphian

Having a huge load of platinum after buying a founders pack to support the game, I bought the Glaive and after using it for a bit... here's my thoughts.

It has an okay attacking speed when used with melee, and the charge isn't so bad, but a little slow for me without a Reflex Coil mod. It has two polarity slots which is nice and I think it does more damage than usual to infested. See, when I used it against Grineer, it did 150 when you throw it,  and against the infested I think I saw it do 450.

Also, I like the throwing aspect of it , it does good damage and more importantly it ricochets off against objects. It is bit difficult to aim for me and it reminds me far too much of the Ash's Shuriken skill. Still a fun weapon and nothing says badass when you throw it, miss, turn around with the camera facing behind you and watching as the Glaive returns, slicing the enemy in half as it casually returns to your hand.

seriously what a meaning master rank 4..

if a weapon not even better my secondary..

i think nerf hex is too much... i hate it.. im spend all my time for this gun..

and this is useless now.. not even can 1 hit enemies mid range..

for sake of god.. plis fix it,,

Allow me to propose a different school of thought.

The user who uses Gorgon/HEK does so because they deem them the only effective weapons. The user want other weapons too, because they be bored of using the same weapon.

New weapons roll out, but they prove ineffective, thus dubbed "suck". The user wishes those weapons be improved and made useful so that they may make use of them and enjoy playing them.

To continuously degrade effective weapons as to make the non-effective ones appear "not as bad" by comparison is a bad path that leads in the end to only melee weapons being used, until they are too then "fixed", and then in turn warframe abilities...until once again...

Really, it is all about how you treat the other person and with what perspective you use to approach them.

Allow me to propose a different school of thought.

The user who uses Gorgon/HEK does so because they deem them the only effective weapons. The user want other weapons too, because they be bored of using the same weapon.

New weapons roll out, but they prove ineffective, thus dubbed "suck". The user wishes those weapons be improved and made useful so that they may make use of them and enjoy playing them.

To continuously degrade effective weapons as to make the non-effective ones appear "not as bad" by comparison is a bad path that leads in the end to only melee weapons being used, until they are too then "fixed", and then in turn warframe abilities...until once again...

Really, it is all about how you treat the other person and with what perspective you use to approach them.

Possibly the best comment so far. +1

You obviously haven't used the shotguns, you can barely shoot and kill people 15m out. I still dont know why the messed with the gorgon, I never heard anyone complaining about it being op

I just tested shotguns, their damage isn't as high as it was... still kill just fine, even in pluto and on defense maps.

Feel free to tag this post with tons of downvotes too.

Level 40 ancient, 3 shot with my Hek

Level 39 corpus 1 shot with my Hek

Yeah, level 38 grineer, 1 shot with my Hek. Obviously I haven't tested it and shotguns are useless.

I have the same results with a modded Hek, I don't see how this gun is now as they call useless. You just can't do it in long range as before.