The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Can't We Have Our Kubrows Stay As Puppies, At Least For Longer?

UncleWalrus

I've used Kubrows for a while here and there and, while they are durable and damaging, as well as adding some utility that sentinels lack, I still find myself using my Carrier nearly exclusively due to its convenience.

So, why not have an option to take your kubrow puppy out of incubation and keep it as a puppy?

Increase its growth time from 2 days to several months and let it mature naturally. Add something more engaging than the pre-rendered interaction animations and have it serve as a virtual pet.

For a dog-hyena-bat thing, kubrows have ended up being absolutely adorable, especially as puppies, so it seems kinda sad for them to be relegated to the ever-growing "Things I Will Not Use Again" pile.

How about this, instead? When your Kubrow is finished incubating, it tells you what breed it is, and also gives you an option to inject a "growth suppression hormone" that prevents it from becoming a fully-grown Kubrow. That way, you can choose to keep it as a puppy if it's a breed you don't like.

I wish "miniature" or "puppy" was a build you could get. As an owner of a very small dog (all the fun of owning a dog, but in the convenient size of a cat!), I would definitely use small Kubrow over any sentinel. I got a small-ish Kubrow once, but it looked like a wet rat so I gave it to Lotus. I've gotten a lot of eggs (I guess I'm one of the lucky ones) but none of the dogs besides the generic "tall dog" is appealing looking enough to make me invest in keeping it anywhere besides stasis or as a gift to Lotus.

How about this, instead? When your Kubrow is finished incubating, it tells you what breed it is, and also gives you an option to inject a "growth suppression hormone" that prevents it from becoming a fully-grown Kubrow. That way, you can choose to keep it as a puppy if it's a breed you don't like.

Nice idea. +1

Obviously you wouldn't be able to take it into battle.

I like this idea. This way, people who don't want a puppy Kubrow won't be forced to keep it that size. Or just make it a skin. I mean if you think about it, this isn't the first time there has been puppy sized dogs that are super powerful in fiction.

What if we have no problem with that?  I mean the bobble heads don't really have a function either.  I know it's apples and oranges, but for those of us who don't use our Kubrows in battle anyways, the puppies could be nice to have around the ship.

XD

pretty much agree with this. they did a good job making kubrow puppies cute and it would be nice to just have the puppy sitting there.

instead its just an empty space, because id rather use my carrier.

pretty much agree with this. they did a good job making kubrow puppies cute and it would be nice to just have the puppy sitting there.

instead its just an empty space, because id rather use my carrier.

Yeah! I think the puppies are very cute and under-appreciated. After a long day of massacring the enemy a Tenno just wants to play with his puppy.

Right now with all my dogs in stasis I have this weird leathery egg rotating where my 4 legged friend should be. Kinda weird to look at every time I check my arsenal.

XD

Edited by sushidubya