The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sprinting And Stamina

Deidaku

I think the fact that sprinting actually consumes stamina is quite unnecessary too, were super biotech enhanced warriors, I can sprint longer in real life.

So stamina should just be a superfluously depleting meter for your melee attacks, then?

Edited by Kestral9999

I think the fact that sprinting actually consumes stamina is quite unnecessary too, were super biotech enhanced warriors, I can sprint longer in real life.

Agreed

some frames are already limited by slow sprintgin speed then you run out of stamina.......

So stamina should just be a superfluously depleting meter for your melee attacks, then?

Dammit this is a problem

DE just has to make sprinting worthwhile

This isn't sprinting we have , it's jogging; very fast  super ninja jogging

Agreed, sprinting needs to be as fast as having Rush equipped. Also DE needs to make sprinting not require stamina as it is rather pointless.

Nah , Keep stamina consumption , making sprinting faster would justify the use of stamina. It has to be worth it

removing the cost would mean ;might as well remove stamina altogether  

Edited by Deidaku

might as well remove stamina altogether  

I honestly can't even argue against this point.

Stamina is absolutely useless as anything other than a limitation on how far you can travel at your max speed. It doesn't affect the speed nor strength of your melee attacks, your ability to wallrun, or your jump height. The fact that there are mods for it is likely one of the only reasons stamina is still around.

Either make it more dynamic (I.E. making it affect all of the above stats I listed) or remove it completely. (Personally preferring removal)

Edited by Kestral9999

Stamina is absolutely useless as anything other than a limitation on how far you can travel at your max speed. It doesn't affect the speed nor strength of your melee attacks, your ability to wallrun, or your jump height. The fact that there are mods for it is likely one of the only reasons stamina is still around.

Either make it more dynamic (I.E. making it affect all of the above stats I listed) or remove it completely. (Personally preferring removal)

Basically my view on stamina. This isn't Dark Souls or modded Skyrim where you have to approach areas carefully, this is a power fantasy game where you can go on a mindless genocide.

Same here

It's become pointless

+ with mobility abilities + coptering and +now directional air melee you almost never run out

Yes, why not? It would be a nice design decision to make melee deal more base damage, but when stamina is empty, damage is reduced. Would make it way more tactical than the stupid hack'n'slash we have now.

Same here

It's become pointless

+ with mobility abilities + coptering and +now directional air melee you almost never run out

So would you consider it a step in the right direction if we were able to at least get rid of stamina completely, thus allowing us to sprint infinitely? That would synergize better with the fast paced action in the game.

Maybe a boost to the actual sprint speeds is unnecessary after all.

Yes, why not? It would be a nice design decision to make melee deal more base damage, but when stamina is empty, damage is reduced. Would make it way more tactical than the stupid hack'n'slash we have now.

Sounds like you might be leaning the other way on the issue of stamina, and that's fine. I just personally don't want to have another bar to have to worry about in the middle of a T4 defense since I'm a melee-centric player. It'd take quite a bit of getting used to. If they were to make it to where stamina actually had a point, they'd need to increase the stamina reserves of each frame by a fair amount to avoid community backlash.

Also hack n' slash =/= stupid. Just simplistic.

Edited by Kestral9999

So would you consider it a step in the right direction if we were able to at least get rid of stamina completely, thus allowing us to sprint infinitely? That would synergize better with the fast paced action in the game.

I think you're right. There's no downside to removing stamina , or side effect apart from the remonval of a few mods .

Stamina still made sense when charge attacks were around though

if those made it in 2.0 wouln't stamina have some utility?

I think you're right. There's no downside to removing stamina , or side effect apart from the remonval of a few mods .

Stamina still made sense when charge attacks were around though

if those made it in 2.0 wouln't stamina have some utility?

I wouldn't consider it useless if they reimplemented the charge attacks. I'd be quite happy under those circumstances, in fact.

Sounds like you might be leaning the other way on the issue of stamina, and that's fine. I just personally don't want to have another bar to have to worry about in the middle of a T4 defense since I'm a melee-centric player. It'd take quite a bit of getting used to. If they were to make it to where stamina actually had a point, they'd need to increase the stamina reserves of each frame by a fair amount to avoid community backlash.

Also hack n' slash =/= stupid. Just simplistic.

Melee gameplay in WF is just hacknslash, you hit the enemy until it dies, I was not referring to the whole gameplay. I also didnt mean to say generally hack'n'slash is stupid, I meant the HnS we have right now is stupid.

Of course stamina values would have to be changed, maybe mutliplying stamina regeneration with the combo multiplier would be a solution.

Well obviously it needs to be sprintier .

I've just realized that warframes are incredibly slow .........the speed bost gained by sprinting alone seems pretty low. 

except for Loki

What? I respectfully disagree! Warframe is allready way to much like a racing game.

Remove stamina costs from sprinting and normal melee.

Remove energy costs from melee channeling.

Add stamina costs to channeling attacks.

Reduce stamina regeneration.

Bam. Stamina no longer constricts basic movement that doesn't confer any outstanding advantage, melee channeling no longer competes with Warframe powers, channeling mods now have reasonable penalties for channeling in addition to their effects, and Shield Flux suddenly isn't complete suicide for melee-focused playstyles. 

Bonus points if the strengths of utility-based stamina mods are increased.