Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Hek And Why The De's Messed Up...

W4RM4CHIN3

ITT: People mad they can't faceroll with Hek anymore. It's as it should be. I myself overused Hek and found little reward in how easy it made things. Now I'm using a Burston, even though it's sort of like the shortbus version of a shotgun, it's more challenging than a shotgun or just going full auto into things.

ITT: People mad they can't faceroll with Hek anymore. It's as it should be. I myself overused Hek and found little reward in how easy it made things. Now I'm using a Burston, even though it's sort of like the shortbus version of a shotgun, it's more challenging than a shotgun or just going full auto into things.

This guy gets it.

I thin people are mad because it's not the fact that the Hek was nerfed it's the fact that they went about doing it the wrong way and the fact that bad weapons are still bad. For people who say nerfing Hek will bring more variety in weapons it won't people will just start using Boltors.

really i think Hek was over rated before nerf, and well i have and prefer boltor over Hek, crazy enemies jiggling stuck to walls hehehe <3 it XD.

why level past 3 or 4, because one day it will be useful.

Lol at every reasonable person getting downvoted.

The Hek was blatantly OP, the nerf was well deserved.

I was a Hek user, and I'm glad it got nerfed.

Honestly, how people can even question this nerf is beyond me.

Thanks for the downvotes in advance.

So considering the matter of fact,

Is there any reason to use Hek instead of Strun?

As Strun got 2 more bullet per mag,

A polority well fit for element damage(except ice) mod

And slightly lower damage(just 10)

I just brought Hek BP last night, and thinking for crafting it or not

Edited by BusteRxMissme

They want all the weapons to be viable

Not be ME3 where if you play on silver and gold about good chunk of the weapons are garbage.

PFFFT. I wish shotguns were viable now. They're out classed by melee weapons and the Gorgon for the "OH S#&amp;&#036; KILL EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE" role. So you can't snipe with the Gorgon anymore, least it doesn't have damage fall off. 

That being said, I think there's going to be a small un-nerf.

It's sad to see how ignorant people can be to simply ignore issues.

Edited by DishSoap

Hmmm just tested a infested defense mission with hek and even at wave 20 it killed the ancient just as easy as before so not sure what ppl so sad about. Is it that fact they cant 1 shot a mob from across the map now ? For that so not what I would call a shotgun.

I still find the HEK's range to be fine, I'm still able to pick off targets from mid-range.  I do have Hell's Chamber at 80% so that might be helping.  It makes sense to decrease the range though, the shotgun is now a more situation weapon to use in up close and mid-range combat missions.  Just like the Snipetron is a situation weapon for long-range combat.

Edited by 5_Lbs_Of_Bacon