Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic] Prisoners Of War

SpaceHelicopters

After a while of just standing around trying to find a place to sit, Alva spotted a waving hand in the crowd and looked over to see the Woman from before trying to get her attention.

Seeing this as a good opportunity to finally talk to the woman, Alva walked over with her food tray and sat down. Not to mention that this actually gave her a spot that wasn't next to someone who looked like they were a serial killer or worse, which is always a plus.

"Hello" She greeted the other woman. "I don't think I introduced me before. I'm Alva K'Tam."

"Saras Aleo, Former Corpus Diplomat, A pleasure My dear Alva" she smiled and offered her hand to the woman "It's a pleasure to finally put a name to your face" she said while she bit into her toast.

"How is your room mate?" asked the Diplomat, nodding her head over to where Rak'shi was, whom she thought lacked manners as well as brains. "She looks quite...gruff." 

Edited by Drakeardian

Umbra tapped the underside of his tray while he waited in line. It was annoying to wait. It was boring. Boredom drove him out of his mind, and caused him to enter a recursive loop where he was too bored to do anything, but wanted to do something to break the boredom. Sometimes it made him debate philosophy with himself, to ponder the pondering's of the universe to himself and his Cephalon, but he often snapped out of it when an alert popped up. Then there were the cheese golems that one time. He wasn't sure if his optics were hacked, if they were real or if Argon exposure actually did have an adverse effect on synthetics, but since then, cheese had always been greeted with a large explosive.

Eventually he got to the Corpus dishing out food and his mood improved. Finally getting somewhere tended to have that effect.
"Hello there, sir!" Umbra said, trying to sound as British as possible. He ended up sounding like a Turian had a teleporter accident involving a Walrus, a mustache and a Yorkshireman. He hammered the voice modulator a couple of times and spoke normally after that, though the flanging was still there. "Sorry about that. Glitches sometimes, often at the worst time possible. I once tried to mimic a Sand Skate and it played opera. It got every Sand Skate on the base following me, but it set off alarms in a base six kilometers away. Anyhow, I digress. What's on the menu?"

Just outside of detection range of the Carcere, the small corpus cargo ship, "the Del" drift's quietly in the cold of space, inside the command deck of the ship, several corpus work at holographic interfaces monitoring the velocity, and other vital functions of the ship, the terminals are situated in a horseshoe fashion, surrounding a command chair with a small holographic interface on the chair. The corpus who sit's in the chair is wearing a blue, and black corpus uniform, with light blue lines decorating his suit, and helmet.

One of the corpus who is working the terminals turns to the captain and says "Sir, we have detected an unknown corpus ship within our radius."

The captain says in a gruff voice "Identify the vessel..."

The man working the terminal says "Yes Sir" he begins working furiously at his terminal and in no time at all he turns back to the captain and says "Sir, the ships name is the Carcere, its a corpus prison ship, well know for it's security, and general safety....mostly for the guards of course."

The captain stands "Get in contact with the ship, tell them we have men wounded, and are in desperate need of resources...ah, and don't forget to tell the, about our...precarious cargo..."

The man working the terminal says "Yes sir"

The captain stare's at the Carcere and quietly says to himself "I hope, there as good as it says they are..." The captain waits on the confirmation that they can land. While he waits he walk's to the back of the ship, after going through several doors and a security checkpoint he walks into the cargo hold, there no less than 20 Corpus guards all wielding supra's with shield drones hovering over all of their heads surround a Mainly dark red and black Valkyr who is in every sort of restraint possible, the captain walk's over to her.

The captain has a flashback when he looks at her, he remember's the rampage he saw this Valkyr go on, back when he was nothing more than a lowly crewman, the countless lives this Valkyr has taken including some of his old friends, and yet he was the one to be spared, he was the only one left when the rampage stopped, and how did he repay this Tenno? By shooting her in the back, that one shot, the last in his Detron, was the reason for her capture, the reason for his promotion to captain, and soon this...Monster won't be his responsibility anymore

he looks at the Valkyr "LYN!!, its time to wake up, we approach your final resting place."

The second the Valkyr looks at him she yells with rage, the Hysteria claws come out and she struggles against her restraints, all the while screaming "I'LL KILL YOU, YOU CORPUS SCUMBAG, ONCE I GET FREE I'LL RIP YOU AND ALL OF YOUR UNDERLINGS LIMB FROM LIMB!!!

"No...you won't, TROOPS GET THIS...BEAST...READY FOR TRANSPORT" the captain yells

All of the guards in the room yell out in unison "SIR, YES SIR"

The Valkyr looks at the captain and growls "Transport?"

"Yes Lyn, soon you will be the Carcere's problem not mine, enjoy solitary confinement" the captain laughs as he leaves the room, he can her the Valkyr screaming as he leaves the room and heads back to the command deck, expecting that the ship has gotten permission to land already.

Rak'Shi ate quickly, and stood, turning after making sure she was presentable, she looked at the new guard, and walked innocently over to him, he'd been in conversation with another guard, so she clasped her hands together in front of her to wait for him to notice her.

"Saras Aleo, Former Corpus Diplomat, A pleasure My dear Alva" she smiled and offered her hand to the woman "It's a pleasure to finally put a name to your face" she said while she bit into her toast.

"How is your room mate?" asked the Diplomat, nodding her head over to where Rak'shi was, whom she thought lacked manners as well as brains. "She looks quite...gruff." 

"Pleasure" Alva said as she shook Saras hand. 'Former Corpus Diplomat?' She then began poking the gray mass on her tray as she tried to come up with how to best describe Rak' Shi. She did get a vibe of conceit from her. And then it was that arrogance she displayed.

"Ah yes, my new room mate...I don't know what to make of her to be honest. She claims to be an interrogator with the specialty of breaking Tenno....and that's about it. I find it a bit hard to believe, And come to think about it she seem to think she's a real badass." Alva did want to tell more, like about her arrogant and conceit air but she wasn't sure how much she could say.

Though she did feel some kind of kinship with this former diplomat. She couldn't quite explain it but it was enough for her to have told her this much. Time would tell if this was a bad idea or not. Alva then made a little mental note to herself to remember asking about the "former" Diplomat stuff. But for now she had her attention on Saras and tried to read her face. 

"Pleasure" Alva said as she shook Saras hand. 'Former Corpus Diplomat?' She then began poking the gray mass on her tray as she tried to come up with how to best describe Rak' Shi. She did get a vibe of conceit from her. And then it was that arrogance she displayed.

"Ah yes, my new room mate...I don't know what to make of her to be honest. She claims to be an interrogator with the specialty of breaking Tenno....and that's about it. I find it a bit hard to believe, And come to think about it she seem to think she's a real badass." Alva did want to tell more, like about her arrogant and conceit air but she wasn't sure how much she could say.

Though she did feel some kind of kinship with this former diplomat. She couldn't quite explain it but it was enough for her to have told her this much. Time would tell if this was a bad idea or not. Alva then made a little mental note to herself to remember asking about the "former" Diplomat stuff. But for now she had her attention on Saras and tried to read her face.

Sara's chuckled in a mocking fashion. "A badass? Hah! There is no such meaning in a prison like this, you either have power or not."

The thought of a person may just as well be an act that was either played very well or very sloppily.

Sara's spreaded some of the paste onto the last piece of toast and bit into it, After swallowing it she asked Alva. "And what did you do to earn yourself a sentencing here."

Sara's chuckled in a mocking fashion. "A badass? Hah! There is no such meaning in a prison like this, you either have power or not."

The thought of a person may just as well be an act that was either played very well or very sloppily.

Sara's spreaded some of the paste onto the last piece of toast and bit into it, After swallowing it she asked Alva. "And what did you do to earn yourself a sentencing here."

"I could ask you the same thing. Like the whole "former Corpus diplomat" for instance. I assume you're being here got something to do with that?" Alva was curious now and also wondered how truthfully this woman would answer. Sometimes she did wish that she was one of those Nyx wearing tenno's, it would certainly make things like this much easier.

"And in my case...you could say that my boss didn't really appreciate my generous spirit. One thing led to the next and my plan of vengeance misfired." to keep some sort of consistency, Alva kept to what she had told Rak' Shi and if you had to be technical, she wasn't really lying when saying this

"I could ask you the same thing. Like the whole "former Corpus diplomat" for instance. I assume you're being here got something to do with that?" Alva was curious now and also wondered how truthfully this woman would answer. Sometimes she did wish that she was one of those Nyx wearing tenno's, it would certainly make things like this much easier.

"And in my case...you could say that my boss didn't really appreciate my generous spirit. One thing led to the next and my plan of vengeance misfired." to keep some sort of consistency, Alva kept to what she had told Rak' Shi and if you had to be technical, she wasn't really lying when saying this

Saras sighed and sipped her orange juice, clearing her throat and said to Alva with a heavy heart.

"I was caught selling Corpus Confidential information to the Perrin Sequence to use in their fight against the Corpus, I was arrested in one of several Corpus traps, along with several other diplomats who were doing it for years." She replied in a firm but quiet and regretful tone.

"So, they fired me and sold all resources that I once owned to other upcoming Corpus politicians and board members" lamented Saras as she smiled "And here I am" she raised her arms, motioning around her as if symbolisng the prison ship. "To spend my years here in a ship to hold criminals and traitors like me"

Edited by Drakeardian

Saras sighed and sipped her orange juice, clearing her throat and said to Alva with a heavy heart.

"I was caught selling Corpus Confidential information to the Perrin Sequence to use in their fight against the Corpus, I was arrested in one of several Corpus traps, along with several other diplomats who were doing it for years." She replied in a firm but quiet and regretful tone.

"So, they fired me and sold all resources that I once owned to other upcoming Corpus politicians and board members" lamented Saras as she smiled "And here I am" she raised her arms, motioning around her as if symbolisng the prison ship. "To spend my years here in a ship to hold criminals and traitors like me"

Alva stopped in the middle of her attempt to identify the gray paste on her plate and looked up at Saras at the mention of the Perrin Sequence. So that was why she felt a sort of kinship. But you could never be too careful, was what she said really true? Could she be trusted?

"Perin Sequence? You secretly supported the Perin Sequence?" She asked as she blinked a few times in surprise. She felt that she needed more information. More to go on. Then maybe, just maybe she might actually have an ally in this place. 

Alva stopped in the middle of her attempt to identify the gray paste on her plate and looked up at Saras at the mention of the Perrin Sequence. So that was why she felt a sort of kinship. But you could never be too careful, was what she said really true? Could she be trusted?

"Perin Sequence? You secretly supported the Perin Sequence?" She asked as she blinked a few times in surprise. She felt that she needed more information. More to go on. Then maybe, just maybe she might actually have an ally in this place.

Saras nodded to Alva with a curious frown. "I did. Why do you ask?" She enquired with her eyebrow starting to rise.

She then pointed to the gray paste next to Alva. "I believe it's a neutient paste, just spread it on your toast."

Saras nodded to Alva with a curious frown. "I did. Why do you ask?" She enquired with her eyebrow starting to rise.

She then pointed to the gray paste next to Alva. "I believe it's a neutient paste, just spread it on your toast."

Alva wanted to trust this woman, she really did, she needed some ally in here. And who better than someone like her? But was Saras's story true? It sure sounded that way and her emotions on the subject seemed genuine. But if there's anything Alva had learned then it was that people lied and some were very convincing in doing so.

So was it worth the risk? Alva ignored the paste for the time being and leaned a bit forward on her elbows to look Saras in the eye. "What do you think it is I've done? Why am I here" She asked the other woman. It might sound as weird questions but it would give Alva the opportunity to do some more analyzing. 

Umbra checked to see if his suit had somehow, for some reason, activated invisibility without warning him. He seemed to be fully visible, and the bolt was still in place: he checked that by wriggling it, possibly setting off an alarm somewhere unknowingly. He was also standing right in front of the chef, so either the chef was toying with the Ash, or Umbra was somehow so beneath notice, he could literally walk out and no-one would be the wiser.
"Excuse me, sir," He said, trying to get the chef's attention again. "Do we get food ourselves or do you dish it up? I'm holding up the line and I don't think annoying every prisoner on this ship is a good survival strategy."

Alva wanted to trust this woman, she really did, she needed some ally in here. And who better than someone like her? But was Saras's story true? It sure sounded that way and her emotions on the subject seemed genuine. But if there's anything Alva had learned then it was that people lied and some were very convincing in doing so.

So was it worth the risk? Alva ignored the paste for the time being and leaned a bit forward on her elbows to look Saras in the eye. "What do you think it is I've done? Why am I here" She asked the other woman. It might sound as weird questions but it would give Alva the opportunity to do some more analyzing. 

Saras raised an eyebrow and leaned back, stroking her chin and frowning for a moment. thinking upon the question for a moment. Analysing the words and possible secenarios before replying.

"He wasn't your employer was he?"